Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I now have 62% unbuffed haste.

I can't imagine how much it will suck to go down to 4-5% when Shadowlands is out. I mean expansion power resets have been a thing, but man this is just going to suck...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It doesn't matter if you have 100% or 5% haste. It's normal that in every start of the new expansion you'll feel like your char is slow/underperforming.

Haste is the stat that I believe they should just have everyone start at significantly higher and balance accordingly. There's not a single person who enjoys when their character plays slow as shit for 75% of an expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I can't imagine how much it will suck to go down to 4-5% when Shadowlands is out. I mean expansion power resets have been a thing, but man this is just going to suck...
    better enjoy it now then

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Haste is the stat that I believe they should just have everyone start at significantly higher and balance accordingly. There's not a single person who enjoys when their character plays slow as shit for 75% of an expansion.
    This.
    Until I get some raid gear Shadowlands will be jarring. It was really really bad when going from Legion to BfA my character suddenly became slow as a snail.
    There has to be progression, but it does not have to be extreme when going from exp to exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats half the fun of playing at the end of an expansion haha

it does suck to lose all the power leveling, but what can ya do, enjoy it now!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    >Account created 10 years ago
    >Cannot imagine expansion reset

remember when having multiple stats above and/or close to 50% was normal by the end of an expansion?
    now, reaching 35% base of ONE SINGLE stat is super hard without corruptions. also, all your other stats will be super bad.
    even without azerite pieces, which do not have secodary stats (which they definitively should have had since bfa launch), i dont think, we would have seen stat budgets that could be compared to what we had before bfa.

i want stat budgets to go back to pre-bfa levels, having about 30% of your most desired stat by the time you're pre-raid geared.

While it does indeed feel like crap to get slower, imagine if we didn't. If we all had 50% haste baseline. Mob HP would have to be a lot higher to compensate for the increased damage output. Now imagine being a spec that benefits greatly from haste. Those specs would almost be the go-to spec for leveling, unless they got a lower baseline damage to compensate.

Final outcome would be the same. You would feel sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    While it does indeed feel like crap to get slower, imagine if we didn't. If we all had 50% haste baseline. Mob HP would have to be a lot higher to compensate for the increased damage output. Now imagine being a spec that benefits greatly from haste. Those specs would almost be the go-to spec for leveling, unless they got a lower baseline damage to compensate.

Final outcome would be the same. You would feel sucky.
    The damage would of course be balanced around having more baseline haste. The result would be the same damage except everything plays much faster for you. Seems like a no-loss situation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have 100% or 5% haste. It's normal that in every start of the new expansion you'll feel like your char is slow/underperforming.
    It actually does matter. Going from say 30%-35% haste at the end of an xpac to 15% feels a lot better than going from 60% to 15%. If baseline haste is getting that high its a design problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I agree. But power progression is also important. It doesn’t really make sense to gain haste if they just balance it. Maybe they should just remove haste as a stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I agree. But power progression is also important. It doesn’t really make sense to gain haste if they just balance it. Maybe they should just remove haste as a stat.
    maybe I'm just high, but you may be onto something here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So I would heal like in first half of BC with no haste? Pls no
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    So I would heal like in first half of BC with no haste? Pls no
    You missed the point

Haste just shouldn't be a secondary at this point. It's far too intrinsic to making classes "fun" or hitting certain breakpoints that completely change the best talents or other choices for specs, in a way that hasn't existed since before Fire Mage had enhanced pyrotechnics. Replace it with multistrike or something if you have to, but having a situation where a character feels like complete shit without gear just because of an arbitrary lockout of pressing abilities (1.5sec GCD vs .75 sec GCD) just isn't fun anymore. It doesn't feel like character power progression, it feels like server architecture lag reduction progression.

Damn there will be some pain for my char too as it's haste reduces X cd based spec.. Tho I am absolutely enjoying that BS which we have now with these crazy set ups we can do

MMORPgs are not supostu be face paced games anyway. If you are person what enyojz game only if he can blast trought stuff then you simply do not like playing mmorpg games. Blizzard should rather seriously cut down on powercreep so we are not sitting at 70%+ haste/crit at the end of expansion remove few difficulty levels and systems and go back to classic more saddle powercreep.

We'll see how the stat inflation will be in Shadowlands now that gear will just be gear.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After going from a 100% ArPen Blood DK DPS in ICC to Cata.. You have nothing to even talk about feeling bad come the start of a new Expansion.