Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, I suck but I still enjoy playing WoW and my racing games. I have no illusions about my abilities. My user name in Forza is LukewarmWheels.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I suck at video games and i don't care. Maybe i was good 20 years ago. I don't play competetive games anymore and i hate pvp with a passion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I am rubbish at video games.

the only thing hardcore about me is how much i relate to this

but i love video games anyways, so.. /shrug
    I can 100% relate to this :P

what pisses me off most about competitive gamers is they think they deserve all the best equip and cosmetics. they also tend to be the most annoying people because they want to feel special because they have this certain item not many others have and show it off.

i am good at moba games

Such a loaded question since there are so many different genres that don't have skills that transition between each other. You can be good at some games and bad at others.

Good? Yes.
    Great? Hell No.

And that doesnt include every type of game. I'm good at FPS games and decent at most fightning games, but give me a serious racing game and i'll be licking every rail along the track for an hour before finishing a lap as anything but last place.

I'm good at identifying mechanics and theorycrafting usually, reason why i tend to orbit around ARPGs. Gameplay wise, i was definitely better years ago, and now it's a lot of it due to the fact i don't really care. I don't want to be shit, especially in group content, but i don't have any reason to top charts cause it's useless.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd say above average.

I clear most games on their harder difficulties pretty easily. But then I watch someone one shot bosses on level 1 doing crazy challenge/speed runs and realize I'm not good.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Yes been playing games since i was a kid and im 36 now. Reflexes was better back in the days though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on a game realy.

For time being i still have good reflexes for some games that need those (like bullet hell games).

But i realy suck at tower defense games (well i hate them anyway), since they are nothing else than math.

Yes. In most games I'm at least a 7/10. There are a lot of transferable skills between games and i've been gaming for 26 years now.

Not amazingly, no. My focus just isn't the competitive side of games. I'm more into story, and working together with other players, rather than against. I was a pretty good raider in WoW, for example. But I never cared much for PvP, in any game, so never got any good. I'm not even sure I could get good if I wanted to, but I don't know. It just doesn't keep me up at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no.... I am rubbish, even games I am good at I will probably tend to be not as good next to others who are really good.

I've been playing them since I was 8, that's almost 30 years.

If by good, you mean can easily pick one up and become proficient enough to play it in a short amount of time, yes...I'm very good.

If you mean can play competitively in the PvP style games, then no, but that's never been what I want anyway.

There are some games I choose to avoid because of their difficulty and how frustrating they get as a result, and I don't play video games for the challenge, I play for the entertainment and relaxation I get from them.

I've always had this issue in life where, I'm REALLY good at just about everything, but there is still always someone better than me. I never got to be be first place when it mattered. It drove me nuts during my middle school / high school track years. And it drives me nuts now as well as an adult, but knowing that it's impossible it's easier to accept. Every game I play from Destiny 2, CS, WoW, Diablo 3, I'm always doing high end content, parsing 90-99's on almost everything, but can never reach the TOP. I hit rank 5 or 6 recently on Diablo 3 season, which was huge to me. But always top 5%, but never the best, always 2nd or 3rd. Always good at everything, but never the best. As I got older, that competitive nature started to seek out video games more and more. But I try to keep it within my realm of friends at this point. I'm usually the one carrying the team, whether I'm the DPS in a dungeon, or point man in an FPS. If only these useless talents could make me money. lol

I consider myself a video game "tourist". I visit a lot of video games, but most of the time don't stick around long enough become good. Although, I've put 1500+ hours into TF2 and I'm still garbage at that. So maybe I'm just garbage in general and I'm not allowed to be good at video games.

Yes, pick up and understand new games instantly and quicker than most. If I'm really interested I deep dive into systems and learn and discovering new tricks.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Been playing vieogames since missile command and pacman. I've always been fascinated by them. Games of every genre(although less so with management sims).

There isn't a game in the world I can't sit down and learn almost instantly.

But having said that, videogames today have a level of super-specialization that sets the bar of being "good" at it far too high.

For instance: I can, and have defeated dark souls 1 and 3 witbout being killed once. It took me many attempts and failures. But eventually I did it. But there are souls players out there thay have chain run all three games without ever being hit! Think about the time and practice involved there.

To say that I am good at videogames is a general statement. I am good at games...plural. Jack of all, master of none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I've never been good at video games. Always sit around mid level where most kids are. As I've gotten older its been harder to learn new games and "keep up" with the kids these days. It doesn't help that most multiplayer games have some kind of SBMM so you never really know how good or bad you are anymore.