Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If isn't happen in Shadowlands, the most opportune time following the most polarizing, and/or awful faction war story ever, Blizzard made it pretty clear it's not happening ever. To the devs the faction war or divide is a core aspect of the game that is not even negotiable to remove.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like Blizzard needs to understand that:
    A) Players can and do choose to do PVP as they please. They do not need to be told to.
    B) The last truly great and epic BG Blizzard made was Wintergrasp, clearly PVP is not something Blizzard bothers to make /good/ anymore. (I realize this is an opinion instead of a fact, but look at Ashran, they all but took that out of the game before figuring out how to instance zones again lol and who honestly can compare the likes of Tol Barad with Wintergrasp, anyways?)
    C) Players can and do choose to do PVP as they please. They. Do. Not. Need. To. Be. Told. To.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have to end at all, but why can't the champions of azeroth instead distance themselves from petty conflicts like this? I think that's the discussion we should be having

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    It doesn't have to end at all, but why can't the champions of azeroth instead distance themselves from petty conflicts like this? I think that's the discussion we should be having
    Because you are a high ranking member of your faction.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Boo, why can't I just go back to killing boars?! Harumf!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think the faction war story should remain a core part of WoW's story, it just needs to be written better. The issue as I see it is that most of the faction leaders just don't want war, so whenever Blizzard wants to do a faction war story they need to make one or two characters morally black extremists to facilitate it. If faction leaders across the board had good reason to hate and mistrust the other side, whilst still being "good guys" it would actually be possible to write a good faction war story. A timeskip in 10.0 could be a good opportunity to reset the board and introduce new leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard needs to understand that:
    A) Players can and do choose to do PVP as they please. They do not need to be told to.
    B) The last truly great and epic BG Blizzard made was Wintergrasp, clearly PVP is not something Blizzard bothers to make /good/ anymore. (I realize this is an opinion instead of a fact, but look at Ashran, they all but took that out of the game before figuring out how to instance zones again lol and who honestly can compare the likes of Tol Barad with Wintergrasp, anyways?)
    C) Players can and do choose to do PVP as they please. They. Do. Not. Need. To. Be. Told. To.
    PvP is not the point at all. Faction vs faction is the core of the game. There will always be tension between the factions even when they are not outright at war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Boo, why can't I just go back to killing boars?! Harumf!
    Yeah, Blizz wtf why I caen't be advetururr, so what that I killed gods, titans, elemental lords and dragon aspects and am a general of my faction with a frikkin' army and naval fleet at my disposal on multiple planets?

/rage

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's the whole "but WarCraft is about Orcs vs. Humansssss!" whine all over again, as if a franchise was unable to evolve after two decades.
    Blizzard is unable to evolve the franchise. They fear removing the factions more than anything.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Which has meant squat during every major conflict in WoW and since 8.2. That's a really weak reason to hide behind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Which has meant squat during every major conflict in WoW and since 8.2. That's a really weak reason to hide behind
    Yes I am totally going to bail on my faction identity as a literal army general in BFA, just to go and instantly hug some cows and shit. You have the bloody coals still smoldering in Darkshore and you expect us all become a big happy family just there?

I mean come on, man. EVEN if this whole thing may eventually happen, it sure won't happen 5 minutes after we finished murdering each other.

I would've agreed before BfA.

Now, after Teldrassil, it'd be too convenient for the Horde (in story) to get away with it once more. Not that I expect Blizzard to do well in that regard either, but I'm not very receptive to kissing and making up, ignoring what happened right before BfA, either.

I wish.

But you know, Tyrande going mad dog in 12.0 and we have Camp Taurajo all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I wish.

But you know, Tyrande going mad dog in 12.0 and we have Camp Taurajo all over again.
    Tyrande has every right to be upset and not just kiss and make up with the Horde, though.

I hope we don't see another faction war for many years to come. So sick of being forced into it... it will never change anything, it cannot ever end differently. It's just repetition.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-05 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    No. I find the faction war fascinating and hope it lasts forever.
    What about it is fascinating, that the people of Azeroth never seem to learn?

We work together every expansion (several times per expansion to be honest) to beat the next big threat to everyone. Endboss beaten, break the wheel cinematic fades away and immediately we are at war again. It's so fucking tired after 15 years, faction war doesn't make sense anymore. Not to me as a player ooc, and also not for The Champion ingame who should know every champion of the opposing faction by name, where they grew up and what their family is like because we encountered each other for 7 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see them removing factions any time soon, if at all. Your best bet is to forget it'll ever happen and maybe when WoW is really on its last legs, they might do away with it as a last ditch effort.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It is not possible to end the faction war anymore. In fact, there can never be peace anymore. The reason is simple: the horde has shown yet again, in just a few years, that they revel in violence and bloodshet. They are enjoying war and celebrate genocide. However, this time around, the horde did not try to clean itself like during MoP, the vast majority stood with Sylvanas till the end. They not only accepted the atrocities of the fourth war, they supported them. There is no real closure here either - all blame is put on Sylvanas, everybody else is portrayed as innocent. They are not.
    There was a chance for peace after legion - its over now forever. The horde and the alliance can not co exist, because the horde does not want peace. They want carnage and destruction and that will never change.
    I am sorry for all horde players who have seen themself as a honorable band of outcasts or something like that before BfA.
    I will take the PoV of a player mainly invested in the Night Elves and tell you what i think is wrong with your analysis:
    Out of the entire Alliance only ONE guy came to reclaim Darkshore and stop the desecration of our people. Yes, the Horde is to blame for it. And i 100% agree that it is the ENTIRE Horde, not just Sylvanas. But what about Velen, the Three-Hammers, Mekkatorque? What about the "neutrals" i spend the last decade fighting for? The Silver Hand, Ebon Blade, Thrall, Khadgar? I was there to pull their asses out of the fire....where have they been when my home burned and my people were raised into undead slavery? I saw none of them.

And now for the biggest offender of them all: Anduin.

So far, Anduin has not even VISITED Darkshore. Let alone fought for it. He did not even spend some words of comfort as a PRIEST. He sure as hell had time to visit Boralus and invite some girl to a picknick in Stormwind....but defending his faction was just not possible?

Saurfang commited Genocide in his life THREE times. THREE TIMES. How many times do you have to commit genocide during your life before it stops being "at the wrong place at the wrong time" and you simply being a POS lowlife?
    Yet, our "King" - who did not even find the time to visit Darkshore ONCE and actively denied military help to instead attack a neutral city without ANYTHING that would even resemble a "plan" in the most remote sense of the word of what the fuck to even do there - carried this POS child murderer to funeral in honors?

Honesty, i am much more disgusted by my own faction than by the Horde. I always knew the Horde was a sack of lying shits without honor. No surprise here. But my own tribe? The Draenei did litterally NOTHING in the entire war over Darkshore despite living right next to it. They talk about light and BS all the fucking time but do not even help when an entire race faces extinction and undead slavery?! How would you call that? And Anduin can simply go and fuck himself.

Never have i felt less as a part of a faction than in BFA. The Alliance is dead. The Horde died long before when Blood Elves joined in TBC - actually it died when they allowed the Undead in even before that. The original Undead even blatantly stated in their intro that they were just waiting for the right time to make the Horde Scourge2.
    The question should not be whether to keep the "faction conflict" but if suffering the stench of these two rotting carcasses that once were factions is worth anything at this point.

Tyrande has been FAR to soft on her "fellow" Alliance members. And Shandris has turned out to be a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-06-05 at 11:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    IT should have been over a long time ago. Since they can't write for shit they will just use Tyrande to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Tyrande has every right to be upset and not just kiss and make up with the Horde, though.
    Well, she is after Sylvanas though, so not so much Horde really. Even Tyrande can be rational, but seeing the story team is so back and forth with it how the characters behave we don't know whats next.

To me they are just using her to maybe be an instigator for the next faction war. Which comes like every 3-4 expansion. It just doesn't make much sense. Either have the war in world of warcraft.

Or don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    IT should have been over a long time ago. Since they can't write for shit they will just use Tyrande to bring it back.
    Yeah, they don't really have anything else to use. If they don't make Baine go on a rampage or something else that doesn't make sense.