Poll: Would you?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop? Like unlike the store helmets these are entire armor sets. Maybe even weapons and enchants. I'd instantly throw my money at the screen. Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.

Yes/No?

Edit: I didn't mean selling sets already in the game but brand new ones like the one in the shadowlands preorder
    Why stop there?
    Add in titles, honor, honorable kills, achievements and evetually gear and boss kills and pvp rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have never and will never spend anything on the shop. The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    They are all obtainable in the game, get ingame gold buy token buy stuff in the store, you dont have to spend a penny of your real world money you can buy it all with in game currency

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    And yet it's you who is wrong. Doesn't matter if you can get it in game. If you can pay real money for it then that's p2w.
    Being able to pay real money for certain in-game stuff like flasks or even low-ilvl gear is a scam, for sure. It's totally deplorable and something that Blizzard should definitely not do, no doubt. But even though it's a shitty thing to do, I can't really call that pay to win. It's more like pay to line-skip.

If Blizzard was doing something like selling bottomless flasks in the shop that didn't consume, or flasks that gave even greater stats than ones in-game, or if they started selling gear that was any ilvl higher than the gear you get out of, let's say, LFR raids, that would certainly be pay-to-win.

But just doing something like selling flask bundles where you pay like a couple bucks for a stack of relevant greater flasks, or entry-level gear, like a 420-430 set for people to get in the door on raiding, while it's definitely a 100% shitty and stupid practice that hopefully Blizzard will never take to that level, I can't really call that pay-to-win.

Paying real money for gameplay-related stuff that you can get in-game = a scam, for impatient idiots.

Paying real money for superior gameplay-related stuff that you CANNOT get in-game (EDIT: Or, also, endgame-level gear rewards, let's say) = actual P2W.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-06-18 at 09:02 PM.

And yet it's you who is wrong. Doesn't matter if you can get it in game. If you can pay real money for it then that's p2w.
    Wrong. If you can get it in game, there is no advantage to paying for it instead. Therefore, not p2w.

You are wrong no matter how many times you try to insist otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. You are misusing it. YOu gain no advantages and you don't win anything. It is NOT p2w no matter how much you insist it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Gear does not guarantee success.

Buying gear does not guarnatee you will clear a mythic. That is a real fact. Not p2w.
    man i cant even begin with you. you're intentional obtuseness is sad. you are flat out wrong my guy. hate to break it to you but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. If you can get it in game, there is no advantage to paying for it instead. Therefore, not p2w.

You are wrong no matter how many times you try to insist otherwise.
    The advantage is getting it faster. Since getting it faster is an advantage then i guess it's p2w.

The advantage is getting it faster. Since getting it faster is an advantage then i guess it's p2w.
    Getting it faster isn't necessarily an advantage. If WoW was a game that was big on rewarding players tangibly for doing things faster than other players, you'd have a point, but you're not racing anybody when you're playing WoW. You're typically not encouraged to race anybody when you're playing WoW. You have no reason to race anybody while you're playing WoW. Where's the advantage in being faster?

10+ Year Old Account
    I already drew the line at mounts that should have been in-game rewards (WoD is the worst offender) and at those helms.

But since the majority of people want to pay real money for goods and my opinion means nothing, all I can do is hope people will start being kicked again from LFR and LFG for having store bought items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    man i cant even begin with you. you're intentional obtuseness is sad. you are flat out wrong my guy. hate to break it to you but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You are wrong no matter how many times you try to claim ootherwise. YOu cannot gain any advantages by buying anything in the cash shop. Gold can just as easily be obtained in the game therefore you gain no advantage by buying it with a token. Therefore it is NOT p2w. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong no matter how many times you try to claim ootherwise. YOu cannot gain any advantages by buying anything in the cash shop. Gold can just as easily be obtained in the game therefore you gain no advantage by buying it with a token. Therefore it is NOT p2w. Period.
    i mean whatever dude. if you wanna be ignorant be ignorant. you have a clear advantage in the game by having better gear, which you can purchase with gold. that is the very definition of p2w. sorry that you are wrong. must be a first for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

If you consider that you can legally buy gold now, and you can legally pay top guilds Gold for carries, there is nothing in this game that you can't acquire with real money + time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you can buy wow tokens with gold, it just seems like adding extra steps. Keep the sets in a Specialty Tailor vendor NPC's sellable items and just put a high price on them or currency tokens. It would still be the same effect as if you bought the wow tokens to convert to Blizzard money to buy on the store, but the simpletons won't rage over it.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."