Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What new zones will we see in major content patches?

I think based on what we've seen from the Alpha it's safe to assume that we will get additional "afterlives" as zones in the major content patches of Shadowlands. What major species, cultures, and archetypes of the Warcraft universe, that don't fit with any of the zones in 9.0, do you think are the most likely to appear as additional zones in the major content patches? How many additional "afterlives" do you think we are likely to see beyond the 5 at launch?

Reminder of what we know: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...zones-overview

I have a suspicion we're likely to get an updated and expanded version of Helheim, but beyond that, I have few ideas. Given the odd hints in interviews with the dev team, I'm inclined to think that we may also see the afterlife of the Old Gods and/or Titans, but I'm not really sure how they would work. Thoughts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Thros seems the most likely bet. First we wrap up the Revendreth storyline, next up would be either Ardenweald (stop the Drust in Thros) or Maldraxxus (take down the House of Rituals and probably Kel'thuzad in Naxx 3.0?). The Bastion storyline seems like the one that can be wrapped up with no raiding involved.

Helheim is interesting. My personal bet is that the person who helped the Jailer bork the Arbiter was Hel so perhaps the final raid takes place in both Helheim and the Maw. I definitely want to see Hel and Sylvanas interact again.
    I would love to see Thros! Also a potential Naxx 3.0 could include a HD version of the old Naxxramas Sets, similiar to T6/ToS? Would fit with Blizzards "we want to do Tier Sets again" line

#TEAMGIRAFFE

My guesses.

1. Thros, as others have mentioned the Drust are a big factor in Ardenweald but seem to be invading from outside it.

2. Some sort of more... shaman-styled tauren/orc/centaur/quillboar type afterlife, a kind of inversion of Ardenweald's plant focus. More rugged, possibly mountainous with elemental themed areas. A little like Gorgrond I imagine.

3. Dragon Isles if that turns out to be the Dragons afterlife.

4. Some type of 'Limbo', or stasis plane. A place where people sleep or rest or are 'stored' rather than imprisoned.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A spirit realm would be great. The issue is that the Loa are already in Ardenweald.
    1. Nothing saying they can't ALSO end up in other realms, I hardly think out of INFINITE afterlives they'd only have loa go to one of em while mortals get a whole mess of afterlives.

2. I figure this would be more for ancestor spirits anyway.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Erm, The Maw?
    The Maw isn't patch content.

Formerly known as Arafal

We could see the Light afterlife where the naaru brought the soul of that Icecrown crusader. We could also see a Void afterlife tied to Ny'alotha. That seems to be the afterlife of all Old God creatures.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Possible:
    - A warrior valhalla afterlife
    - A spirit afterlife
    - Thros
    - More of Helya's realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    - A spirit afterlife
    Erm... that's like, the entirety of the Shadowlands?

Formerly known as Arafal

An Arcane afterlife? For titans, constellar, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Possible:
    - A warrior valhalla afterlife
    - A spirit afterlife
    - Thros
    - More of Helya's realm.
    Maldraxxus is the realm of warriors. Deal with it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some big battlefield where the Helarjar and the Valarjar are at each other's throat, for some reason. You can ally with Odyn for obvious reasons or you can go with Helya because Odyn was quite the cunt with the whole "We'll do it my way fuck you" Could even happen in Thros, whatever.

And then, stepping outside the Shadowlands, we completely uncover some link between the Venthry, the Nathrezim and the Jailers' ugly mug, which will lead us to what's left of the home of some of the darkest sorcery in the universe: the ruins of Nathreza. There we'll finally learn why the fuck Fel exposition may lead to the grow of horns, wings and hooves, and we'll also learn about the demons' little Twisting Nether resurrection trick that has existed even before Argus side with Sargeras.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    My guesses.
    3. Dragon Isles if that turns out to be the Dragons afterlife.
    Why should it be parts of the Shadowlands? Wrathion was there already, and I doubt he would be able to travel to the Realm of Death easy peasy. It's more likely the big thing after Shadowlands ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Maw isn't patch content.
    Yes it will be? It won't be available in the beginning? Right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Yes it will be? It won't be available in the beginning? Right?
    No, Maw and Thorghast are Launch end game content.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope its not Hellheim, what a toilet hole that was D:

Hopefully more zones akin to Bastion, tired of looking at all the dreary, void of life zones that are so common in expacs now

More "covenant" zones, maybe not actual covenants but still.

I think Thros is a good bet. They can easily reuse and repurpose some assets from Drustvar - something they love to do with patch zones. (Argus, Mechagone, Naz'jatar, Timeless Isle, Broken Shore, Sunwell, etc all use a ton of old art.)
    I also think there's a story developing with the Brokers - they're clearly somewhat nefarious and they have to come from somewhere.
    Personally as others noted, I'd love a ancestral/shaman style afterlife zone too, but no hints of that thus far.

As other's have noted, Helheim could and probably will be in the expansion to some extent, but since it was already a "zone" we've spent a good bit of time in (leveling, dungeon, raid), I think it'll be a Helya story beat at most, not a full zone.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-06-19 at 12:56 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Erm... that's like, the entirety of the Shadowlands?
    I mean with spirit as ancestors, like orcs or tauren. More Shamanistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Maldraxxus is the realm of warriors. Deal with it.
    Um Maldraxxus is the army for the current shadowlands we know, but I mean more viking style afterlife.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer they make something more original rather than another Halls of Valor.

Formerly known as Arafal