Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Pvp power back? God yes

Recent alpha datamining hints it may come back. Nothing is certain but i dearly hope so. This way, pvp gear can be its own progression, not subservient to mythic+ or rating, and can also allow for strong catchup gear from battlegrounds for people starting in patches that don't wanna raid.

Please blizzard, make this happen, its a giant step in fixing bfa's trainwreck reward system and can make bgs meaningful. Pvp should be the way to gear pvp.

We hope this will be do successful as power back.

Why not just have gear not matter in PvP...didn't legion work like this, or was it WOD? I don't see why gear even plays a role in pvp...Im not a moba or FPS players, but in Counterstrike do people have better guns in that game? Like they do more damage in competitive games. I know in RTS there is no such things.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Cant wait for everyone to say here how great this is...while everyone disagreed with me when i asked for this to come back.
    Shadowpunk salty is salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange since Holinka said in an interview that pvp-specific stats aren't coming back. Maybe they changed their mind, or it might just be an artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Why not just have gear not matter in PvP...didn't legion work like this, or was it WOD? I don't see why gear even plays a role in pvp...Im not a moba or FPS players, but in Counterstrike do people have better guns in that game? Like they do more damage in competitive games. I know in RTS there is no such things.
    The main reason that kind of system was implemented was so PVPers don't have to play PVE to get the best gear available or vice versa.
    Having stats specifically for pvp replacing normal stats makes it useless for PVE and stronger for PVP.
    Imo this system gave players more "content" as they needed to gear up for both PVP and PVE which means more play time.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Most people who prefer PvP in an MMO aren't really looking to be competitive...if they were, they would demand what you suggest here. They want to have some sense of progression so that they can dominate others due to their superior gear. In every other game, this is called griefing, but it is what they want.

Most people who want competitive PvP don't touch games like this.

Separating stats/gear for PvE and PvP is the worst. We don’t and shall not need different stats/gear for PvE and PvP.

We don’t even need different currencies (e.g. honor/conquest points for pvp, justice/valor points for pve in the old days.)

We shall have the same currency and vendor for both pvp and pve.

The currency’s weekly gain will be capped at 1000/week and players can buy different item level gear from the vendor (higher item level gear cost much more than low item level gear, just like titan residuum vendor).

What we need is for players to get those currency at the same difficulty and efficiency from both pvp and pve. (e.g. players get 10 from a random dungeon or BG, and get 100 from a mythic+ or an arena match)

It makes players can earn the same currency in either pve, pvp or a mix of pvp/pve if they want to, in relatively SAME difficulty and efficiency.

We shall not have different sets for PvE/PvP. Carrying multiple sets like azerite armor / corruption is the worst gear design in wow history.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Most people who prefer PvP in an MMO aren't really looking to be competitive...if they were, they would demand what you suggest here. They want to have some sense of progression so that they can dominate others due to their superior gear. In every other game, this is called griefing, but it is what they want.

Thats one cynical way of seeing things.

1) I for one like to feel "progression" in the main content i do.
    2) When everything is equal and balanced by Blizzard...ABSLUTELY NOTHING interesting happens in the whole expansion and nothing "new" is discovered. Is literally a snoozefest
    3) Customization and "sandbox" in customization options

This are my reasons

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

This, and even in other genres (other than fighting games, perhaps) you will eventually outpace your opponent by outplaying them. At least these other genres put you at an equal starting line each game.

RPG PvP is heavily gear influenced.

Yeah, i am done with PvP. Can't be bothered to have balanced PvP, i can't be bothered to play. That simple.

Loved Legion. Was the only expansion in wich PvP was fun.

I can't see how this is good for anyone beyond gankers annoyed by being outplayed.

It seems like it creates a needless barrier to progression in pvp. The real answer would be templates so only skill decides a fight.

Why community thinks its coming back from just one spell that might as well be just some placeholder?

Legion instanced PvP experience was the best. Gear barely mattered and skill and knowledge was the key to success, even in random casual PvP. I never found fair that a High end PvE geared player could one shot everyone in a random battleground... it was only fun for one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Legion instanced PvP experience was the best. Gear barely mattered and skill and knowledge was the key to success, even in random casual PvP. I never found fair that a High end PvE geared player could one shot everyone in a random battleground... it was only fun for one player.
    I mean you want that you just want to be that guy with pvp power instead of high ilv gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just quote what I said on wowhead regarding this:

Before: "Please remove PvP Power, it really sucks having a separate set of PvP gear just for PvPing and that it's so unbalanced trying to get into PvP late in the expansion and get armour for it/it's hard to get into PvE stuff from having focused on PvPing as we don't have a decent PvE set."
    PvP Power Removed
    "Yay now we can gear up for PvP/PvE with no issues."

Now: "It sucks that people can gear up for PvP by not doing PvP and they can better gear earlier by doing PvE stuff than doing rated PvP stuff. There should just be stuff for PvP and PvE to differentiate it."
    Possible hint of PvP power returning
    "Yay now we need to get separate gear for PvP and PvE again."

Rinse and repeat it seems.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Recent alpha datamining hints it may come back. Nothing is certain but i dearly hope so. This way, pvp gear can be its own progression, not subservient to mythic+ or rating, and can also allow for strong catchup gear from battlegrounds for people starting in patches that don't wanna raid.

Please blizzard, make this happen, its a giant step in fixing bfa's trainwreck reward system and can make bgs meaningful. Pvp should be the way to gear pvp.
    I want it to be like in Wotlk, when you got to a certain rank by the mere use of skill and then in that rank you could buy new gear which made it harder for you to fall down.

They might add pvp power exclusively to elite gear. If so, if you don't rise the ranks within the first two(2) weeks you never will. Forgot about the idea of playing alts in pvp and being relevant. The reason I take this POV is because there hasn't been any discussion of bringing back Pvp Power (as in "zero"). I don't understand what potential issue bringing back Pvp Power will solve, if anything, given the the insane one and two shots we've seen in Patch 8.3, I'd strongly prefer resilience. I do applaud this decision, if it's NOT only for Elite gear and of course if it's true. Pvp gear has been absolutely irrelevant for each of the last 2 xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    They might add pvp power exclusively to elite gear. If so, if you don't rise the ranks within the first two(2) weeks you never will. Forgot about the idea of playing alts in pvp and being relevant. The reason I take this POV is because there hasn't been any discussion of bringing back Pvp Power (as in "zero"). I don't understand what potential issue bringing back Pvp Power will solve, if anything, given the the insane one and two shots we've seen in Patch 8.3, I'd strongly prefer resilience. I do applaud this decision, if it's NOT only for Elite gear and of course if it's true. Pvp gear has been absolutely irrelevant for each of the last 2 xpacs.
    I crated a discussion

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...dowlands-maybe

Also posted on reddit....but that was a shit show with everyone bashing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I crated a discussion

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...dowlands-maybe

Also posted on reddit....but that was a shit show with everyone bashing me.
    I mean your actively supporting adding a time gate to pvp...