Ineffable Truth clarification and thoughts

After getting a piece with Rank 1 IT on my holy paladin and running Mythics and raids last week it became obvious how valuable this corruption is. l.

I'd love to get clarification and your thoughts on the cost of this corruption and its stacking potential: rank 1 costs 12 corruption for 30% effect, while rank 2 costs 30 corruption for 50% effect. I understand the effect stacks on multiple corruptions, which means people could get two Rank 1 effects for 60% effect at 24 Corruption cost. Why would anyone ever choose Rank 2? Am I missing something?

Check out your classes' theory crafters and ask them, I can promise you they have done the math already.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanches View Post
    which means people could get two Rank 1 effects for 60% effect at 24 Corruption cost. Why would anyone ever choose Rank 2? Am I missing something?
    Not sure about the other questions, but this one in particular could be for many reasons. For instance Rank 2 requires 1 piece of gear while 2 Rank 1's would require 2 pieces. So it depends on what you are running on your other pieces if you are able to do this or not. Most (not sure about all) also have the same cost regardless of how you do it. Like TD1 is 25 corruption while TD3 is 75 corruption. So you spend the same amount of corruption regardless of how you mix/match. They also scale accordingly. So getting 2 Rank 1's at 24 corruption cost probably scales to somewhere between 40-50% to adjust for the variance. Since you didn't spend the full 30 to reach 50%.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-06-16 at 10:24 PM.

The cap of corruption resistance on your cloak is going to be 125 you get another 10 resist from your essence and you reasonable can run another 39/59 corruption and deal with the negative effects so that means once we reach the cap you can wear 174/194 corruption total.

There are 9 slots to aplly corruption to in total using ineffable truth I only you would only run 108 corruption total, wasting a lot of potential power.
    If you mix and match you can either run

6x rank1 + 3x rank2 for a total of 162 corruption (27 active corruption) and 330% cdr during proc or
    5x rank1 + 4x rank 2 fir a total of 180 corruption (45 active corruption) and 350% cdr during proc

That being said i dont know if ineffable truth rank2 is even worth running for the corruption cost, might be better to mix haste/crit corruptions togetehr with ineffable turth rank 1. Like someone else allready said, you might wanna ask that in your class discord.
    Last edited by Shango; 2020-06-16 at 11:20 PM.