Poll: What other types of customization options would you like to see added next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Would you rather have new allied races or more customization options in the future?

What other types of customization options would you like to see added next?

People seem really excited with the new character customization options in alpha. Assuming that Shadowlands turns out to be a good expansion and improves the overall gameplay, what other customization options would you like to see added in the future?

I know that many players would like to see a new class added to the game, but the purpose of this topic is to see what kind of customization options would keep you engaged in playing your most favorite class.

1. More allied races / More core races

Examples:
    • Ogres
    • Etherals
    • Sethrak
    • Naga
    • Other (comment below)

2. Alternative character models for current races

Something that players have been asking for years is the option to play as either skinny Humans or Forest Trolls. However, adding a new third sub-race for Humans would be overkill at this point. It would also defeat the purpose of the new leveling experience.

Instead, what if you could change the character model in similar fashion to the orc posture option? This would allow for certain customization options, such as hair styles and skin colors, to be shared across both models.

Examples:
    • Humans -> Thin Humans
    • Draenei -> Broken/Krokul
    • Trolls -> Bulky Forest Troll
    • Undead -> Skeletons
    • Other (comment below)

3. Class skins / Improved Glyph system

Basically you have the exact same class and gameplay mechanics but with a different coat of paint. Alternatively, the same could be achieved by further expanding the glyph system.

Examples:
    • Red Fire Warlock -> Green Fire Warlock (reference)
    • Elemental Shaman -> Thundercaller Shaman (Lava Burst turns into Thunder Burst)
    • Fire Mage -> Frostfire Mage (or Blue Fire Mage)
    • Night Elf Holy Priest -> Priestess of the Moon
    • Other (comment below)

Check out the Taliesin video for more details:

4. Alternative combat stances and animations

Unlock a new set of poses for your character model. Generally, these would not affect your casting time but rather swap the animation performed by your character model.

I have seen people share these ideas on the wow subreddit lately so I thought I would share some of them here.

Examples:
    • Vertical staff idle animation
    • Holding 2-handed weapon over the shoulder
    • New spell casting animation similar to Gandalf's “you shall not pass”
    • Drag weapons along the ground for undead
    • Dance studio as promised from WotlK
    • Other (comment below)

5. More beards options

More customization options in general. However, keep in mind that Blizzard isn't done adding stuff into the alpha at the time of this post.
    Last edited by d00dles; 2020-06-08 at 12:49 AM.

I want to have both. They're not mutually exclusive, unless the Game Director happens to be a total pipsqueak. Oh, wait..

I'm not too fussed with character customization in all honesty. I never really got the appeal given how rare it is you actually see anything but your armor (unless you hide it all, I guess). I'm much more interested in customizations I'd see all the time. Glyphs that change spell visuals/animations, more impressive & 3D armor, flowing cloaks, fixing the massive number of clipping issues with gear, etc.

I also wouldn't mind unique and interesting races. This is pretty subjective, but yet another bipedal human-esque model isn't very exciting. This, again, comes back to armor. It's hard for me to care if I'm a human, elf, orc, dwarf, forsaken, etc, when they all look pretty similar in armor. Yes there is some minor distinction, but that usually boils down to a hunch & some proportions. If they felt like adding races, I'd personally be happier with stuff like Tauren, Vulpera, Draenei, etc. Races that really feel unique. Other "flavors" of existing races such as Dark Iron, Mag'har, Lightforged, Void/Nightborne, etc, should be condensed into a single race with variations. Especially with the new starting zone, it is a good time to decouple the playable races from a specific backstory and allow wider customization. Your human doesn't need to be of Stormwind, it can be Gilnean Worgen, Kul'Tiran, or a survivor of Lordaeron. You get the idea. Races that'd actually be cool and unique, to me, would be 2 headed ogres, naga, murloc, tuskarr, dragonkin, the lion people from Uldum, Mogu, Dryads, etc. Most of the recent allied races have been quite a letdown personally. They felt more like something of a customization option, not a full new race.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I honestly don't care at all about customisations. I don't use transmog, I don't use the barber I don't even have any allied race characters because my characters are from the options when I made them in wrath.

I mean if blizzard wants to add this stuff I mean more power to you guys, live your best life I'm not saying how.
    But honestly, I don't get this endless obsession with more allied race options or customisation options, like do you guys pay for races changes when new races come out? Do you have five paladins? Is being able to play as a forest troll at all even vaguely essential to your experience (when the game's existed for 15 years without them)?

How about just a new regular race that doesn't require weeks of rep farming to unlock. I'm still salty that the Zandalari Trolls that were hailed as such a big introduction were locked for several months and then gated behind rep grinds.

I voted for the class skins/glyph system because I think that gives the most bang for the buck, but honestly all of those options would be doooope.

Both. No such thing as too much character customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I honestly don't care at all about customisations. I don't use transmog, I don't use the barber I don't even have any allied race characters because my characters are from the options when I made them in wrath.

I mean if blizzard wants to add this stuff I mean more power to you guys, live your best life I'm not saying how.
    But honestly, I don't get this endless obsession with more allied race options or customisation options, like do you guys pay for races changes when new races come out? Do you have five paladins? Is being able to play as a forest troll at all even vaguely essential to your experience (when the game's existed for 15 years without them)?
    "Why do you care about pixels?" Said a guy in a gaming forum about pixels. /s

I think its great that you are able to have fun with the game as it is, truly.

It's not like there would be no more raid content or dungeons in the next expansion. And Classic will be always there for people who want the same core gameplay experience. Everyone has options now.

At the end of the day, these are just some of the ideas shared by the community over the years. And I was just curious to see what people are most interested in.
    Last edited by d00dles; 2020-06-06 at 11:54 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Definitely more customization (ESPECIALLY THIN HUMANS). I already feel the allied race column looks bloated

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy answer, both.
    Here is something to believe in!

I'd rather have them rebuild the entire character and armor engine so it supports cohesive hairstyles proper non-clipping physics, and armor with real 3D parts and not just "texture stickers" like every other robe there is in-game for instance.

But hey, one can dream...

No more allied races, instead convert to subrace options in the creation screen. Roll Dark Irons into Dwarf instead of having them separate. Choose Dawrf, choose subrace (Ironforge, Dark Iron, Wildhammer, Earthborn etc etc), then class, then customize.

All the allied races, with the exception of Void Elves, Nightborne and Vulpera, should be rolled back into their parent species. The rest should fall under subrace, giving us as many options without taking up a whole race slot. It would still be easy enough to have different classes depending on the subrace too if they wanted to maintain that. It could even lead to extra customize options as well.

Races like Ogres and who ever else you had in the first list shoulnd't be allied races, just regular ones.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Well... i think they should add 3 more allied races. The ones in the picture. Sethrak or Ethereals as neutral/alliance and Ogres to the horde. Though lightforged forsaken seem more likely.
    I want one more class, Tinker, before they add class skins, wich i'd also like to see.
    I'd also like the sub races, like high elf and wildhammer to have their own racials.

After that i'd like to see customisation like hue special effects color options, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both?

I am fine with the number of races, though I wouldn't say no to Etherals, and fine with some discussions on other more obscure choices. The game can always probably do more with customization but what I would like to see most now would be more unique sort of emotes, like the NPC's in Kul'tiras leaning on a wall. And why are brewmasters with the artifact the only way to hold a staff over the shoulder? So #4 would be my immediate request if we were to prioritize.

I want more beast race.

Give me Saberon!

There is still a lot of races I want playable. I mean, in the end I want nearly everything humanoid playable, but I'd settle for taunka, broken, ogres, sethrak, k'thir and... I'll stop now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00dles View Post
    1. More allied races

Examples:
    • Ogres
    • Etherals
    • Sethrak
    • Naga
    • Other (comment below)
    Sigh, once again Allied Races are meant to be derivations and deviations of existing Core Races. Those you listed would be Core Races at best
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Focus more on what we currently have, I feel like expanding the character options for current races would allow for more diverse appearances.

15+ Year Old Account
    Allied races are made to be different but the same to current races. So if you want a completely different race, it won't be an allied one well at least not in the same sense as the current ones are, even though they will be allied to one of the factions that exist.