Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Why do blood elves have to change?
    Correct, why did they have to change and turn into Light Elves when that's not the original fantasy they were sold as in TBC? (which you probably never played besides maybe TBC Classic)
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Correct, why did they have to change and turn into Light Elves when that's not the original fantasy they were sold as in TBC? (which you probably never played besides maybe TBC Classic)
    because that was their story arc!

16 years passed!! The blood elves have a lore and a development, we should not go back, we should continue moving forward as before. The void elves represent those who wanted to continue learning dark magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    because that was their story arc!
    So you are saying that a race should never change, unless through a story arc? You already backtracked.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

So you are saying that a race should never change, unless through a story arc? You already backtracked.
    The blood elves had a story arc in tbc and for 16 years they have continued to develop on that same path.

Those who wanted to continue using dark and dangerous magic are now void elves, whoever wants to play with that type of elf is available in the game

From a void elf player who isn't rude about the Situation in Midnight

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that bad magic isn't worth the cost was the point of their story. Taking that away would have us asking why we abandoned the fel in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    From a void elf player who isn't rude about the Situation in Midnight

[IMG]SNIP
    That Void Elf poster is a High Elf fan and detests everything about the Void Elves.

I believe he only likes High Elves and Blood Elves and wishes for High Elves to be made playable and Void Elves, deleted.

Blood Elf fans hate the Void Elves because Alleria endangered the Sunwell.

High Elf fans hate the Void Elves because they "stole" the playable spot for the Blue-eyed High Elves.

The Horde fans in general hate the Void Elves because they """""betrayed"""" the Horde for the Alliance and also because Alleria killed many Orcs and Trolls in the Second War.

The Alliance fans in general hate the Void Elves because the Alliance is all about the Light and stuff and the Void Elves clash with the general aesthetic of the Alliance.

It seems that most fanbases hate the Void Elves/Alleria. Jealousy? Fear?

Will Midnight finally "redeem" Alleria and the Void Elves in the eyes of the Blood Elf/High Elf fanbases?

It seems that most fanbases hate the Void Elves/Alleria. Jealousy? Fear?
    It could be simple "dislike." I can understand why because I don't like playing a Thalassian Elf, who looks like a High Elf, but then turns into a blueberry when she's fighting. If High Elves became playable I wouldn't need Void Elves - or simply, let me turn off the blueberry visual. It would be more bearable to play Void Elves if I could have all things "void" switched off so I could actually play a High Elf.

I simply dislike Forsaken and Trolls the most. No other reason, than simple dislike.
    I appreciate Void Elves for what they are, but I do prefer playable High Elves and I do want them playable. Not to take away from Void Elves, but it's my personal taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Midnight finally "redeem" Alleria and the Void Elves in the eyes of the Blood Elf/High Elf fanbases?
    Probably not, because Velfs carry no back story and it's proof, people like backstory.

High Elves have that huge backstory, more lore associated with the Alliance after WoW launched, with WoTLK, Cata, Pandaria and Legion. It's actually sad that High Elves have been taken so far out of the story now, where they are just simple Mages.
    On the Alliance, for Mage-like matters, High Elves were always present with Humans. Wintergarde Keep had a High Elf Mage Spire. The Silver Covenant Arcanists with their powerful Arcane Magics during the Purge of Dalaran...that was nothing to scoff at.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2024-02-24 at 04:56 PM.

Can we have the edge back now? I want my fel vampires back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Can we have the edge back now? I want my fel vampires back.
    That may happen if the Void takes the Sunwell. When wrapping up with the part about Midnight and moving on to The Last Titan, Metzen said that things may not go to plan and that they may spiral wildly out of control. That's an ominous thing to say for the wrap-up of the expansion where Shadow targets the Sunwell, the thing that keeps blood elves sated and sane.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    That may happen if the Void takes the Sunwell. When wrapping up with the part about Midnight and moving on to The Last Titan, Metzen said that things may not go to plan and that they may spiral wildly out of control. That's an ominous thing to say for the wrap-up of the expansion where Shadow targets the Sunwell, the thing that keeps blood elves sated and sane.
    After the story of WC3 becoming light elves felt bad to be honest.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just here to say, that the red/gold version of the mage set aka the Kael'thas armor will be available in the next patch it seems. For all those who were wondering when this recolor is finally available.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/pandari...st-sets-338696

Great stuff!

Aethas and a significant number of sunreavers survived.
    aethas quest
    Urgent Recovery
    We survived mostly unharmed. Not everyone was so lucky. Many who were in Dalaran when it went down are unaccounted for. They will need our help. Search the battlefield for survivors. Help them in any way you can. We need everyone up and fighting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Just here to say, that the red/gold version of the mage set aka the Kael'thas armor will be available in the next patch it seems. For all those who were wondering when this recolor is finally available.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/pandari...st-sets-338696

Great stuff!
    Yeah and with the mage hero talents we will soon be able to play a Sunfury with strong Kael'Thas vibes
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah and with the mage hero talents we will soon be able to play a Sunfury with strong Kael'Thas vibes
    The real shame is though - you won't be able to use the set as a Blood Elf Warlock.

The Fel Green orbs, combined with the Fel Crystal Glyph for Warlocks would just make the set so epic - a perfect Sin'dorei Sorcerer/sorceress

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The real shame is though - you won't be able to use the set as a Blood Elf Warlock.

The Fel Green orbs, combined with the Fel Crystal Glyph for Warlocks would just make the set so epic - a perfect Sin'dorei Sorcerer/sorceress
    It's why I always felt Hero Talents should be a cosmetic thing, something that works cross class. Some archetypes would be very fitting for other classes too, like Priest using Moon or Sun magic, or Shamans sharing a lightning-based Melee Hero identity.

Even Sanlayn should be broadened to a Caster type class, with proper Blood Bolts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I liked the old ember system way more. Which actually had better looking spheres and they were spawning and vanishing on use. Ember heal/chaos bolt.

The current glyph, doesnt look that great imo. It would override very weirdly I think with these static orbs which are attachted to shoulder/headpiece. You get double orbs. The glyph dont even look like orbs anymore sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOsozSxMt0

You can see some animations here. The combustion/phoenix combination and what is going on looks quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I liked the old ember system way more. Which actually had better looking spheres and they were spawning and vanishing on use. Ember heal/chaos bolt.

The current glyph, doesnt look that great imo. It would override very weirdly I think with these static orbs which are attachted to shoulder/headpiece. You get double orbs. The glyph dont even look like orbs anymore sadly.
    True.

I do like the more Crystal-like affect though, as the fel green ones do give me old nostalgia vibes for being mini versions of the fel crystals scattered around Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon.

On top of that:
    Sunfury Arcane and Fire Mage Talents were recently made available and they look pretty slick. Lots of Arcane Phoenixes and something called "Mana Addiction" which is just perfect to describe the Sunfury Blood Elf Mages.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    True.

I do like the more Crystal-like affect though, as the fel green ones do give me old nostalgia vibes for being mini versions of the fel crystals scattered around Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon.

On top of that:
    Sunfury Arcane and Fire Mage Talents were recently made available and they look pretty slick. Lots of Arcane Phoenixes and something called "Mana Addiction" which is just perfect to describe the Sunfury Blood Elf Mages.
    On the flipside, the current orbs on Sunfury build very look similar to the orbs kael'thas had in that Sin'dorei herritage armor. Orange/fire orbs. They are however currently bugged it seems.

You can see that, in the link I posted above your post. With 4 orbs, they shrink and float weirdly. I assume they will look better. It would be great if they would us a glyph to alter that to fel spheres, but I think that's wishfull.

The speculation saying that Silvermoon will be neutral are the same group of people night elves would abandon Kalimdor which was proven to be false. Relax. Blizzard would never piss off the most popular race like this and statring zones shouldn't be touched. Visiting a void planet would be much more logical as the new continent. Reminder Quel'thalas only has 3 zones not 5.