Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Wait a minute, as a DRG expert i know that the minimum lvl to become one is to be lvl 30.... I CALL HERESY HERE!!!!!
    You caught me. I ofc meant lancer w/e.
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    snip

People can handle current FFXIV rotations with a controller, I'm sure you can handle it just fine. Maybe a controller will actually help you.

You shouldn't have too many problems that early though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-15 at 08:18 PM.

Maybe 5% is luck, but I am sure you can make 90% log with average luck. I have done so myself in 8.2. According to you "Its so easy to execute that most people do it like 90%+ correct".

The tough part in wow (unlike ff14) is mechanics+positioning.
    How is positioning in WoW harder when most every Melee in FF14 have positional requirements on abilities? Your post reeks of 'I suck at game, so this game sucks!'. Holy yikes bro, get fucking good.

WoW rotations right now are an absolute joke and way too simplified. The game really needs to go back to MoP-era design philosophy because this pruning BS is really what killed my drive to play and enjoy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Wait a minute, as a DRG expert i know that the minimum lvl to become one is to be lvl 30.... I CALL HERESY HERE!!!!!
    You caught me! I meant lancer

7+ Year Old Account
    Please don't say it. I really want a new but similar mmorpg, at least gameplay wise!
    You missed out on Wildstar then. You had like 5 use abilities and 2-3 utility that you could customise. Was quick fast paced gameplay I loved. Sadly the rest of the game had its problems and lack of content, but the gameplay was so fun and imo the biggest challenger to WoW's. If you played MoP the class gameplay there was similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    You missed out on Wildstar then. You had like 5 use abilities and 2-3 utility that you could customise. Was quick fast paced gameplay I loved. Sadly the rest of the game had its problems and lack of content, but the gameplay was so fun and imo the biggest challenger to WoW's. If you played MoP the class gameplay there was similar.
    I really do miss MoP, that was the happy medium to me!

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Ninja has the highest APM in the game, and DRK a close second. Both upwards of 80-90 APM if played right. So yeah, it is MUCH worse than WoW in that regard. And if you aren't hitting those thresholds, then you won't be doing good dps for that class, and people will notice.
    its actually NIN > MCH > BRD > SMN > SAM > GNB > DNC > DRG > AST > MNK > DRK > RDM > PLD > WAR > BLM > SCH > WHM per fflogs top 10 parses of each job.

Ninja being 48.7 apm and White Mage being 27.5

The tough part in wow (unlike ff14) is mechanics+positioning.
    Please, even some of the higher level dungeon bosses in FFXIV have more movement and mechanic requirements than some WoW raid bosses lol.

so ffxiv is the worst game ever because you're bad at it? ok

Please refer to the earlier stated comment, someone said it was simple, which is what I am basing it on. I have no idea how the end game is, only what I read from others, so you are absolutely right. What I actually tried to say was that the other person commenting have not made 90% logs on mythic and it was quite off-topic. I apologize for the confusion.

I only know this: FF14 is too hard for me just basing on the rotation itself

- - - Updated - - -

I only tried to call you out on your bs lie about it being so easy that you can't tell good from bad people. And no I do not play current wow.
    Its not a lie, and why are you even making that statement if you dont play?

So you are just talking out your ass then? Making up stuff? Calling people out for their lies about your made up stuff?

Wtf is this lol. Go watch youtube videos of Bajheera getting rank 1 warrior damage from lucky Stars procs and then get back to me son

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    so ffxiv is the worst game ever because you're bad at it? ok

This is a good answer. If the game is only the rotation, then yes, I would argue it's bad. And it's only the worst game to me personally, plenty of people prolly love it. I just try to figure out whether there are more people who think the same as me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really do miss MoP, that was the happy medium to me!
    Me too. Classes were fun and had the 'easy to learn but hard to master'-concept that worked well. Also mobility was really nice.
    You had a lot of abilities too but a lot were situational.

I can't begin to explain how bad this game feels. I mean, the story is good and all and if that is your jam, then you will probably like it. But if you want to raid, you need to be a pianist and able to press 30 buttons like a melody. That is how complicated the rotations are! It really shows one of the best things about wow: The simple rotations!
    The difference can be quite overwhelming especially if you have only played WoW. If you want the most easiest class to play then you can choose between a red mage or a samurai. Now about the skills, well there are many guides on the internet of a certain class but thats just the surface of it since at every boss you have to time your certain big cooldowns or big spells/abilities. TBH WoW rotation is alot more easier and less punishing then the rotation of FF14, also with the mechanics. If even samurai is just too much, well then youve gotta stay with WoW. But honestly, if you spend time with the rotations you can be on the top of dps list.

For this there are raids which say ''practice'', if you want to just figure out your rotation then you can head over to an npc. This npc is in some places where max players city is, so if you type on Google '' sea stone sky npc'' it will show you where the npc is in each expansion. Why not just take a dummy? Well at the npc you choose how much HP the dummy has by selecting which boss hp you want, when you are sent to the intstance you get a time limit to kill the dummy. When you get out of the instance, all cds are reset so that you can go again.

If you want a class with big BOOMS, then summoner or black mage are great buuut are hard. DRG itself is just mediocre complex rotation, but being a guy who jumps all the time with dragon gear and such is lovely.

Anyway, I hope you dont give up hope. Also euhm the community of ff14 can be fragile so watch out for that.

Never quite understood the appeal for FFXIV either. It's not as terrible though as ESO

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Me too. Classes were fun and had the 'easy to learn but hard to master'-concept that worked well. Also mobility was really nice.
    You had a lot of abilities too but a lot were situational.
    He has spend this entire thread talking about how its good that wow classes are easy, but he misses mop where classes where objectively more complex. Sense - he makes none

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its not a lie, and why are you even making that statement if you dont play?

So you are just talking out your ass then? Making up stuff? Calling people out for their lies about your made up stuff?

Wtf is this lol. Go watch youtube videos of Bajheera getting rank 1 warrior damage from lucky Stars procs and then get back to me son
    As I said previously, my comment to you had nothing to do with the actual topic regarding FFxiv being bad or not. It was just to say you haven't done a 90%+ log in nyalotha mythic despite it being soooo easy.

As I said previously, my comment to you had nothing to do with the actual topic regarding FFxiv being bad or not. It was just to say you haven't done a 90%+ log in nyalotha mythic despite it being soooo easy.
    Are you actually trolling me?

I've said that getting good logs is based on gear and luck. Because the rotation is easy. I havent said getting good logs is easy.

Can you literally not read?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    He has spend this entire thread talking about how its good that wow classes are easy, but he misses mop where classes where objectively more complex. Sense - he makes none
    They still weren't anything like as clunky or bloated as FF14 classes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    at least this is something of a nuanced and interesting take on why ff14 is bad. Probably should've mentioned class in the OP though. Bard for example is kind of a wow-like rotation, dragoon is very much not and something like ninja is definitely significantly more complicated than it needs to be (or at least was, last i played)

Its actually not that bad once you get used to it. If you are feeling its bloated maybe try playing a physical ranged. They really do not have that many buttons.