Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    At least us brits kept our treaty with the native Americans, and stopped further expansion west.

Part of the reason America went independant
    Please do go on. Tell us how amazingly nice Britain was to indigenous people in its colonies.

Obviously this doesn't excuse what the US did, but that is a mighty nice glass house you are lobbing stones from.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Please do go on. Tell us how amazingly nice Britain was to indigenous people in its colonies.

Obviously this doesn't excuse what the US did, but that is a mighty nice glass house you are lobbing stones from.
    There are degrees of bad and good. And as bad as Britain was it was preferable to the natives than what the US became

There are degrees of bad and good. And as bad as Britain was it was preferable to the natives than what the US became
    Is it really though? It's arguable that the arbitrary borders that were drawn post-colonialism led to many deaths and conflicts that still continue today.

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    Is it really though? It's arguable that the arbitrary borders that were drawn post-colonialism led to many deaths and conflicts that still continue today.
    Aye but ur looking at a level above the topic, I'm looking at the specific level of the American continent, where pre us independance was better for natives than post. Not great but the UK did Atleast take treatys seriously.

The macro level is a while other argument, and when it comes to divisions America has a hand in the blame with Borders as they were the ones pushing for rapid decolonisation and maintaining the boarders in the un at the time. The UK if people rember had a 100 year plan for rolling back the empire that did involve redrawing the boarders along cultural and ethnic lines but the US and ussr didn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    [*]Americans take land from "countries and empires here in the Americas"? Guess what[/list]

I don't see how the last one falls out of this pattern and becomes a white supremacy. No one is genetically or inherently superior, supremacy can only be achieved and can be lost as well
    It became White Supremacy when the majority white population (ie white land owning males) decided to start crafting laws that made it White Supremacy. It still exists to this day although its not as strong as it used to be. There have been some recent protests. you might've heard about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    It became White Supremacy when the majority white population (ie white land owning males) decided to start crafting laws that made it White Supremacy. It still exists to this day although its not as strong as it used to be. There have been some recent protests. you might've heard about it.
    True, there is some protesting going on out there, that's alright for protesters. It's also alright for those who currently in power to oppose protesters. What's your point here?

True, there is some protesting going on out there, that's alright for protesters. It's also alright for those who currently in power to oppose protesters. What's your point here?
    You claimed ignorance about how America became a white supremacy. I explained how. That’s the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    You claimed ignorance about how America became a white supremacy. I explained how. That’s the point.
    So for a reason of nation Founders happen to be white the nation is white supremacy? Is china a yellow supremacy according to this logic?

Apparently the little mermaid is racist too as they vandalized the statue in Denmark, the bandwagon is strong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-graffiti.html
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-04 at 08:27 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Apparently the little mermaid is racist too as they vandalized the statue in Denmark, the bandwagon is strong.

I'm starting to worry for Manneken Pis
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-07-04 at 08:52 PM.

I'm starting to worry for Manneken Pis
    im worried for NASA...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

So for a reason of nation Founders happen to be white the nation is white supremacy? Is china a yellow supremacy according to this logic?
    Again, they passed laws. It’s not that they’re majority white. It’s that they’re majority white and passed laws intended to entrench their superior position.

China is not all that friendly to non-Han Chinese and there is widespread discrimination against minority groups within China. The Uighur concentration camps being the most infamous example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Which NASA statue are you most worried about?

- - - Updated - - -

At least us brits kept our treaty with the native Americans, and stopped further expansion west.

Part of the reason America went independant
    Uhm... the sun never sets on the British empire... tell me about Hong Kong...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lol like this is going to be limited to monuments hahah
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    lol like this is going to be limited to monuments hahah
    Exactly what are you worried is going to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

- - - Updated - - -

3mil Hong Kong citizens have been offered UK citizenship to escape China.

You do realise that right... The UK takes its promises that seriously that dispute China breaking the treaty even under an anti immigrant con gov we will do anything in our power to uphold a promise.

You are talking about the nation that didn't nead to be in ww1 or ww2 but on bith occasions entered a world war ecaude we had defense treaty with Belgium and Poland.

Oh lord how could you say this about china, do you know nothing about China? Nothing about the many dozens of languages and ethnicities that make up china. Nothing about the constant issues within china and the oppression other Chinese peoples face?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh lord how could you say this about china, do you know nothing about China? Nothing about the many dozens of languages and ethnicities that make up china. Nothing about the constant issues within china and the oppression other Chinese peoples face?
    The camps they're forcing Uyghurs into is a recent enough international scandal I can't believe he's unaware of it.

So he's just misrepresenting well-known truths to push an agenda.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post

Well the little mermaid has been vandalized somewhat regularly, painted red to protest whale hunting on the faroes islands for example (i think in 2017?)

In january there was some message about freeing hong kong on the stone

Edit: It has also been headless a time or two

Edit 2: The article may mention it, i did not go to your link.
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2020-07-05 at 04:09 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Title should really be "west european edition"

don't try this shit in Eastern Europe if you care about your health...