Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    6 month or perma how does that matter? Account is gone and if they wanna continue they have to spend more $$$.
    And what if its 3-7 days?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    6 months -> 18 months -> perma. That's how it goes.

Besides that Blizzard is keep banning them. Looking at the bot forums, daily a shit ton new bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Right now, it seems clear, you didn't even look at the evidence I posted.
    Obviously because everything you can actually provide, doesnt really proof anything, except these Characters behave out of the norm.

I've already said, and it likely does. Because that's how you'd be doing this sort of stuff.
    And I say the Chicken came before the Egg, why? Becaus thats how its supposed to be.

Does that make my claim true? No, back up your claims with proof. You do not strike me as the person who actually knows how anything works "Within the Industry"

To constitute as evidence in your mind, what would it be exactly? What would in your mind be classified as evidence if not video/SS material + alongside other metadata from the database if I had access to it?
    For example:
    WoW reads your active Processes, I dont know in what Detail, as that probably has and will change over time. E.g. at some Point they gave a Popup warning if you had "Cheat Engine" running. They dont do that anymore, maybe they can now read what Process you have active which interfaces with the WoW process? I dunno.

But seeing a Bot Process running with a WoW Client is pretty hard Proof.

But as I said: Whatever Blizzard set as standard to determine if a Player is using Bots is what they do. Neither you nor I will probably ever know what exactly that is.

In my mind, they need to do the job better. I for one am not satisfied at their performance. That entire armada over at Botanica, and probably a few other places, if we could identify another hotspot, should be eradicated in a time-window of maybe a week max. Not be allowed to be doing whatever they're doing for weeks and months.
    Thats your valid Opinion. But the Fight against Cheater is a Never ending one, and there are always people not satisfied with it.

The last time I have actually seen someone that is most likely a Bot was back in TBC to be fair. But I play on a rather small server.

Afaik Botting Bantime is at minimum 6 Months, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    6 months -> 18 months -> perma. That's how it goes.

Besides that Blizzard is keep banning them. Looking at the bot forums, daily a shit ton new bans.
    You can get 72 hour ban. It doesnt have to be 6 months or more....

You can get 72 hour ban. It doesnt have to be 6 months or more....
    It is 6 months for botting 100%. The second offense in botting is 18 months - 100%. No idea what they are doing in China but it is this way in EU/NA.

What we need is a flag, a debuff, that lets everyone know that the character is botting(like a guild name or title). In addition to a it making the character take increased damage, res time, and no interaction with other people like trading and mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    What we need is a flag, a debuff, that lets everyone know that the character is botting(like a guild name or title). In addition to a it making the character take increased damage, res time, and no interaction with other people like trading and mail.
    A debuff like a ress sickness would be fun. You cannot get rid of it and have to wait for it to expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's been just as impossible for the last 15 years. yet now it's suddenly worth mentioning this explicitly?
    They are massaging in the fact that actiblizzard doenst give a shit and towards the future they wont do jack about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Blizzard has to record your keystrokes in order to have your character move. They could just trace that and see if theres a reoccurring pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Blizzard has to record your keystrokes in order to have your character move. They could just trace that and see if theres a reoccurring pattern.
    And you think bots are dumb and move in patterns? Lol no, randomized paths has been implemented in bots since pretty much the beginning.
    Only dumb people got caught that used the same statc routes for farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    and yet there are still all those demon hunters in botanica.....

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I doubt this will matter - I figure they could ban this many every month really. Anyway I hope mats price will go up a bit...shit is to cheap now.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I doubt this will matter - I figure they could ban this many every month really. Anyway I hope mats price will go up a bit...shit is to cheap now.
    blame the multiboxers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    and yet there are still all those demon hunters in botanica.....
    What's up with Botanica?

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Good to see at least one with Common Sense around here.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a way to Permanently and without fail ban all the Bots, why dont you share it with us clearly uninformed and ignorant people?

Edit: And when your answer is: "They have Money", why dont you take that money and cure all the diseases and bring world peace while you are at it.
    Why would anyone do that? It's more profitable to treat the disease than to cure it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference. If blizzard sold the gold, it would be pretty much worthless.
    I don't know.... somehow we removed 74000 accounts providing our services for cheaper sounds a lot less praise worthy then we removed 74000 cheating accounts.

What's up with Botanica?
    Raw gold farm. Iron Docks is the same. Next expansion will probably be freehold or motherlode.

Basically, they just run in, pull everything, kill, loot, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Because Botanica has been a bot spot since forever.
    So everyone in botanica is a bit. Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Skip the pizzaa dude. It's got too much cheese in it. Slows your brain.

/who Botanica is hard.
    So you are saying that blizzard should ban people by just typing /who botanica ? I'm just making sure because that sounds as though that is exactly what you just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Assuming they are botting, I've never touched one and been 3-day banned twice for "botting". One of which was the day WoD launched (kinda lucked out since Frostfire was unplayable anyway) when all I had been doing was grinding archeology achievements
    No one gets banned for 3 days for botting twice. I don't know what narrative you are trying to construct but it is clear you are lying.
    why so mad bro

What's up with Botanica?
    its the best pure gold/hour bot place to farm, just do a /who botanica on a popular realm and you will see like 30-40 level 104 demon hunters being there 24/7

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So everyone in botanica is a bit. Got it.
    no im sure its normal people running level 104 demon hunters playing 24 hours per day farming botanica on freshly made accounts

Looks like to be the case. Either or.

May as well redefine the term eh?

And oh suddenly it wouldn't fit my narrative according to rrayy. Alright, I concede to that, there are some bits and bobs that can be coded, and often enough I'd say they are coded.

But this is still ridiculous, these guys should be banned either way.

Anyway, here's the "proof": https://www.twitch.tv/videos/655793142

We can now discuss if they're chinese/indian workers or botters. To me, it doesn't matter, either way. ALL of these people/characters, should be banned.
    Why should accounts that farm be banned? They do nothing wrong? I guess you're the sort of person that thinks that killing someone in wpvp should be banned as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    If whatever they did were to have any impact you would have seen (at least a temp) increase in herb prices for example.

There was no change in herb prices in my realm.

Whatever they did , did not have any impact.
    That's because you confuse botting with gold farmers. Of course prices didn't change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    its the best pure gold/hour bot place to farm, just do a /who botanica on a popular realm and you will see like 30-40 level 104 demon hunters being there 24/7

- - - Updated - - -

no im sure its normal people running level 104 demon hunters playing 24 hours per day farming botanica on freshly made accounts
    How do you know they are in there 24 hours a day? How do you know they are not legitimate gold farmers? You do know that gold farmers are not against the ToS right? Instead of making baseless claims, some evidence would be nice.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    blame the multiboxers ...
    I guess so, cause damn prices being this low just means AH competion went up to much...Which leads to many stupid retards who think 400g profit on uncanny weapon or some other item is good...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO