Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I really don't see how standard gear and talents are the same things as random grinds.
    I really don't see how you think I said that. Actually I am not sure what you're trying to say.

You seem to have an issue with the concept of "borrowed power" and questioned why it's necessary. Which I answered as concisely as I could. To which you tried to allude that such mechanisms weren't necessary in earlier expansions, so I pointed out how "borrowed power" did actually exist, just in a different form.

At this point though, I have to confess that I am lost - I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Storywise, maybe.

Technically it looks like a disastrous mess. But so was BFA so...*shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I feel like nothing can be as bad as BFA was - it shattered my guild that I had been in for 10 years. Every single person quit. Friends I have had since I started playing, and I've not really recovered from that...the game feels pretty empty when I log on these days. I strongly dislike the story, I dislike the zones (well - I mostly play horde and I dislike the horde zones. The Alliance ones are great). I dislike the split feeling of the zones, I dislike the horde city layout immensely, I dislike azerite, I dislike corruptions, I pretty much dislike everything I have to interact with daily, which sucks. I want to play other characters as I have always done but the thought of the immense grinding to get an alt to an enjoyable level is absurd - my main isn't even there since I had took a very long break. So the fallback "I'm bored, lets play an alt" doesn't even work in BFA. PvP on a new alt right now? LOL. I still played and really enjoyed MANY alts in Legion, it was nowhere near as bad. I had no excitement for BFA from the day it was announced, and there wasn't one thing put in that I can recall enjoying.

We can always be wrong though. I am hesitant to get excited for Shadowlands. But so far it is looking better to me. I am not looking forward to the Covenant debacle, which is alarming since it is the main feature. But, really, I just want BFA to end.

This is the first expansion I won't be playing and I've played since original beta. I'm tired of rental systems and systems upon systems. I'm tired of pathfinder. I just really don't find the game fun anymore. For people who do - I wish you the best in SL

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I really don't see how you think I said that. Actually I am not sure what you're trying to say.

You seem to have an issue with the concept of "borrowed power" and questioned why it's necessary. Which I answered as concisely as I could. To which you tried to allude that such mechanisms weren't necessary in earlier expansions, so I pointed out how "borrowed power" did actually exist, just in a different form.

At this point though, I have to confess that I am lost - I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
    I have no issues with borrowed power I just see these mindless grinds and restrictions as pointless.

Just give all characters the same stats and the same talents on level cap and then let them decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?
    bfa wasn't that bad....have you people forgot cataclysm or dreanor??
    Want to try hearthstone
    CLick on my link for free pack and help me out same time
    https://battle.net/recruit/LVZ7B5PRZ...f-hs&s=HS&m=pc

The more I find out about Shadowlands, the less I want to play it. Especially in terms of story and lore, the expansion is shaping up to be an absolute monstrosity of retcons and character assassinations. The lack of respect with which they handled these old, established characters is simply vile.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands story does not look good(outside of Ardenweald), the main story looks like it's going to be blatant and hamfisted as ever and Covenants just seem like a waste of time as a concept but look like they'll be as dev-attention sapping as Azerite and garrisons were to the detriment of everything else. I liked BfA until 8.2, then it just started dropping off with boatloads more RNG, Essences just felt like stopgaps instead of feeling "right", and trashcan storytelling. I LOVE the new customization and returning spell parts of Shadowlands, but most of that will be available without even buying the expansion. So I'll probably skip the expansion and just make alts or play classic if I return during its duration.

BfA wasn't that bad and I don't need "redeeming", at this point I will buy every expansion and play WoW until the very end, the thing is, some expansions I am gonna be subbed less months if the content isn't enjoyable.

No, nothing about Shadowlands redeems BFA. I'm tired of how much Blizzard has powercreeped the setting. After beating the Burning Legion on their own turf and fighting Titans I was hoping that BFA would take a step back and give us a straightforward faction war. Instead we got rushed Azshara, rushed N'zoth, and super powered hidden motives Sylvanas. As far as features I liked allied races, the initial zones, and that is about it.

So it's hard for me to be excited about SL, it's just not my style. I'm not interested in Sylvanas, the Jailor, or any of the newer cosmology lore. There are no new classes or allied races announced, which would be a potentially exciting day one feature. I don't actually think the game needs a new class, but I am disappointed that there no allied races coming with 9.0, or even announced for SL in general. Finally, covenants look like potentially the worst borrowed power system on the Legion/BFA/SL generation of WoW. All of this means I will sit and wait for 9.1 or 10.0 to see how things shape up.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    bfa wasn't that bad....have you people forgot cataclysm or dreanor??
    I had a lot more fun during WoD and Cata to be honest.

BFA was fine for me, so no redeeming is really necessary. I am looking forward to Shadowlands.

I enjoyed 8.0 and 8.1, fell out of touch a bit with 8.2 and currently hate 8.3 (mostly because of corruptions)

Really hyped for Shadowlands though! Definitely looks like a step in the right direction

It didn't really need redeeming. BFA wasn't my favorite, but mostly that had to do with a bunch of other people bailing. We had fun with it while they were here and would have continued doing so had they stayed.

But Shadowlands does look a lot more inviting and building on Legion's high points.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.