Taking a positive view on the Covenants, and assuming our responsiabilities

Im going to be sincere, I think we are all taking out of shape the covenant stuff, and i am going to try to explain why is not that big deal, unless you are paid or sponsored to play the game, but then, you are a tottal diferent player from the one who pays to play the game, please, read all before saying anything...

If you dont have skill, it will no matter wich covenant you choose, even if you choose the "BiS" one... guess what, that doesnt come with hands, as the game will develope, you will se people with "BiS" covenant getting beaten the shit out by people with even the "worst" covenant choose. Legendaries will be more impactfull, and as you take a time to think, there will be tons of itterations, maybe the intention of blizz is to make us stop breaking our heads out of overanalizing all this stuff and play most likely we like, as I said, people who lack of skill, will still lack of it, no matter how optimized they try to be.

I read this today from an interveiw: " Your covenant choice is also integrated into some of the dungeon experiences as well. There are elements of dungeons that you can only interact with as part of a specific covenant. An example given is the ability for members of the Kyrian covenant to activate automatons in the Necrotic Wake to gain party buffs." What this means, is you will need to make friends from diferent covenants.

All these lead to a point many will not agree, but for me it is, that the core from the game has been lost and this may restore it, the core to me, is that is a social game, and what you should enjoy the most is to make friends, and the current state of the game is not friendly, even for people who have played for so long, the elitism has broke some players and has made some other people frustrated about the game, or made fights between people making it a harsh environment, many of you will say, that this covenant system will make it worse, but I think will not, players with this "competitive" mindset will leave the game, eventually they will have to change their mindset to a more friendly one, or will quit. Optimization has lately become the core, and I think it should not be, if optimization, is ruining the social aspect, then optimization is damaging the game.
    Last edited by Feldreams; 2020-07-22 at 06:17 PM.

Okay.

Maybe start that by actually encouraging people to play with the same people like in the earlier days (Where the Covenant was called "guild") and not promote #puglife as the primary avenue for anyone who's stuck between Collector and Mythic raider.

Then this entire issue of "I'm getting declined by pugs!" might also get smaller.

Get the premise and want to say SL is no BFA and 90% of the expansion seems super fun and can't wait. In my eyes the covenant abilities are not just a competitive issue but an issue for everyone who plays the game. The covenant abilities do not enable niches and give unique qualities to a person's character. A vast majority are different damage abilities or cooldowns, and a vast majority are not unique spells or interactive spells. This means a vast amount of the abilities are abilities you would of expected as a talent tree or would see as bloat. This makes those choices feel worse than super fun but less practical abilities like divine toll, abominations limb,etc. A majority of the abilities do not work across all the specs of the class such as pretty much all the spriest, primordial wave for enh shaman,etc. The point I'm making is this system does not achieve what it was said to, the player power portion creates more problems for the smallest benefit compared to anything else in the covenant choice, and as competitive players have said the consequence is not the same for everyone and feels too high for them. Again things like activating automatons and having unique buffs in dungeons is a great idea, the aesthetics/cosmetics, story, zone interactions, weekly event,etc. are all great and add depth to covenants. The player power portion pales in comparison. Either they spend countless dev hours reworking and rebalancing the player power all of beta and throughout live or the system will be problematic.

Folks are scared that if they go with their gut they might not be what all the guides recommend 1 year later.

If you are one of those imbeciles, please just wait a year before getting the game. Thanks!

I think the transmog and area growth concepts are neat and I will enjoy those even if im stuck with the bat boys for minmaxing from the looks of things.

I just don't get blizzards obsession with adding power to every thing. Just let content stand on its own.