Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

It's Ridicolus That We Can't Give Our Demons Custom Names

Edit: Did not think this post through, I'm sorry.

Why? Well, this GIF should explain (Hades is Warlock, Meg is Demons)
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-06-20 at 03:47 PM.

You don't own them. You summoned them.

I have several memories of the demon names leading to injokes and stuff, so works for me.

and the amount of times you see an original hunter pet name aint exactly noteworthy either.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You summon a different Demon every time. Unlike a Hunter who has the same pet. Also Pacts =/= ownership

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    You don't own them. You summoned them.
    If you just summon them, you would get a different name each time. But since they keep the name, the demon is obviously bound to you.

And even so, if people want to rename their demons (as well as Risen Allies for Unholy DKs) they should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You summon a different Demon every time. Unlike a Hunter who has the same pet. Also Pacts =/= ownership
    you do? im like 99% sure the demon name you have is permanent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you do? im like 99% sure the demon name you have is permanent?
    Yup....it's the ghoul that always have a different name when summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    If you just summon them, you would get a different name each time. But since they keep the name, the demon is obviously bound to you.
    Yes, bound by their names. In pretty much every single fiction to do with demons, 'Names have power' is one of the recurring themes. Feel free to call upon "Blueberry" but don't be surprised when nothing answers.

Yeah I don't think the demons care what they're called really. They're probably just stoked to have you on board with the Legion and potentially dooming your entire planet.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm...yeah...apparently you summon them and they have a name they answer to - but as with many other things in game, Blizzard could just make a reason up why we can rename them....if they wanted to give us that option.

Obviously they won't do it, as years of complaining have proven. So whatever...yeah...I don't like my demon name...but maybe Blizzard does not want to open the floodgates to people who have a warlock gnome called Fizzlepop running around with a demon called Sugarplum etc...IDK...
    But having a hunter gnome named Fizzlepop with a pet named Sugarplum is a-ok, apparently.

Demons are sentient beings. They have their own names. You wanna summon a succubus and say "From now on, your name is Betty" ?

3+ Year Old Account
    I realize I did not think this through, I'm sorry.

It's Ridicolus That We Can't Give Our Demons Custom Names
    Your concerns are ridiculous.
    Chin up lil pup.

We cant give names or tame new skins.

Blizzard hates Warlocks, just deal with it.

Ghouls are tools. Demons are sentient and demons. Hunter pets are valued companions and partners

I'd have thought the RP and dress up crowed would appreciate blizzard's attention to detail there.

I imagine this serveral thousand year old succubus getting summoned by a derpy looking warlock and before she can say anything he yells "quiet! Your name is Bitch! And i own you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Well, this GIF should explain (Hades is Warlock, Meg is Demons)
    It would be like your boss deciding to change your name to something they prefer... Would you be okay with that?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even name my pets as a Hunter. I don't care what my Warlock's pet's names are either.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It would be like your boss deciding to change your name to something they prefer... Would you be okay with that?
    Like I said,I did not think this through, I'm sorry. Though, this is a video game, obviously I would not be ok with this in real life.

There's some junk about contracts and controlling demons by knowing their "true name" and yadda yadda, but I've got one thing to say about that:

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.