Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Classic where the Twink community will go?

With careful management of XP, twinks could stay as the scourge of their respective brackets nearly indefinitely. I wonder if the server will breathe new life into the twinking communities. Fear those level 19 rogues!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would think many would enjoy the chance at true twinking again, as it has in all honesty been dead in its truest sense since BC

Waiting for the classic line "twinks just want to fight other twinks" as they roflstomp people with no gear and graveyard camp, then quit when they were given an option to only fight other twinks.

Personally, I cannot wait to gear out some alts. While I never took as far as some, there was something extremely satisfying about having BIS gear as I leveled and using my main to farm.

I can't wait to level a Rogue and deck him out in the Defias set from Deadmines.

Twinking is dead in retail because you can only fight other twinks.

....so yeah, no shit people are going to flock to Classic where you could actually twink properly.

I completely forgot that this will become a big part of the game again.

How disappointing. I hated twinking and its removal was one of the best things for low level battlegrounds that ever happened.

I get the appeal and I bear no ill will towards twinks, but I'm not going to pretend I like the practice or I'm excited about its return. I'm not. But I hope those that do like it enjoy it. It is a part of the classic experience, after all. Just like 30 minute queue times for level 60 AB and Warsong as Alliance, and instant farm losses for those battlegrounds.

Fortunately, the only PvP I really care about is old Alterac Valley. And that alone is an amazing experience... even if hiding with the warsong flag for 10-15 straight minutes was amusing on occasion.

Depends. A large part of twinking is smashing new players and I feel as though new players will start their WoW career on retail servers. Experienced players know to either gear up and twink themselves or avoid BGs until higher level.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Yes, people are craving to run around in full BiS again or even get started down that path since it hasn't existed in the game for quite a while. Any twink that is serious will be in classic and most players who enjoy real mmo's will also be in classic. They might also play retail but the game at this point is just a glorified slot machine with an item to farm/grind endlessly and an occasional new raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

....so yeah, no shit people are going to flock to Classic where you could actually twink properly.
    So basically what you're saying twinking is all about fighting people who can't fight back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    So basically what you're saying twinking is all about fighting people who can't fight back?
    ...Yes? What is the point otherwise? Low level PvP sucks since most classes don't have many abilities/talents yet.

The entire point of twinking was to smash non-twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Waiting for the classic line "twinks just want to fight other twinks" as they roflstomp people with no gear and graveyard camp, then quit when they were given an option to only fight other twinks.
    Twink vs. twink pretty much kills the purpose of twinking.
    Only reason people twink is to ROFLStomp others. If people who twinked wanted a challenge, they'd just use regular gear and fight regular geared people in BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Yes? What is the point otherwise? Low level PvP sucks since most classes don't have many abilities/talents yet.

The entire point of twinking was to smash non-twinks.
    Just making sure that the point of it is because you're afraid of a challenge.

Been saying this since since 2005... but do people realie that “twink” is a slang term describing a young, hairless homosexual male? Yall are a bunch of homos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Just like at max level when u bought that shiny glad 2h axe, u joined some random BG and ruined peoples days, good times.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Was there XP in BGs?

Nope??

Sorry lowbie BGers... you're gonna get camped by Rogue Twinks all over again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevepelle91 View Post
    Been saying this since since 2005... but do people realie that “twink” is a slang term describing a young, hairless homosexual male? Yall are a bunch of homos.
    There're more to it than that

Twinking was called it because high level EQ1 players would send armor to their lower level characters that was kinda golden colored like a Twinkie. They became known as Twinks.

I think.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Amen! They where so full of shit.

Deleted
    They changed that some months ago.

But yeah twiking nowdays sucks. All you have to do is run aleatory dungeons with LFG (for the bag) and some heirlums and not that much more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same players as the "I gank lowbies to create world PvP" crowd who disappear as soon as the lowbies relog to their max level main.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I never had a twink in WoW. I always preferred the max level characters. My twink was my level 60 character in Rank 14 and Tier 2.5/Tier3 gear back in the day. And even my alt I got to level 59, so I guess it was a twink in the 50-59 bracket, which was just my way at the time for not having the character go up against level 60 characters in decked gear. It seems to me those twink character players always tried to make up for the fact back in the day that they didn't have a character in full epic gear (or at least that's the impression I got).

One of the biggest disadvantages with those twinks is they are low level after all, so they didn't even unlock all their abilities yet. One thing I'd miss in hindsight going from Vanilla to TBC WoW is all those TBC spells. Especially priest was a class that got a lot of good spells in TBC. So a twink in Vanilla has less spells than a level 60 char, let alone a level 70 one.
    Last edited by Akasha64; 2018-11-01 at 11:41 AM.