Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

*Spoilers* Returning NPC's in Shadowlands

The following was just data-mined on wowhead/mmo:

NEW Stage 6: Confronting the Margrave
    Confront Margrave Sin'dane about Kel'Thuzad's treachery.
    NEW Stage 7: The Third Fall of Kel'Thuzad
    End Kel'Thuzad's manipulations in Maldraxxus

What kind of role do you think he will be playing? Do you think he's going to attempt to take control of Maldraxus? Who is he working for?

Mod Edit: Repurposed this thread to discuss returning NPC's in general.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-04-08 at 10:24 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Sounds like he's trying to take over Maldraxxus, which makes sense. He's the biggest baddest lich/necromancer so he would obviously want to create a new Scourge for when he returns, especially now that the barrier is broken.

Maybe he's working with Sylvanas and the Jailer.

There's also a mention to a certain "Baroness Vashj".
    Lot's of old friends are going to be back

Though it's weird that Kel would be in the shadowlands - didn't he have a phylactery, and therefore can't really die? Or does a phylactery only allow you to go back? Guess we'll see.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Well they've already said that the Lich King gains his power from the Shadowlands, so maybe he's going after that power to have for himself. I'm more excited to see Kael'thas on the boss name list. Cause you know, death was merely a setback...

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    There's also a mention to a certain "Baroness Vashj".
    Lot's of old friends are going to be back

Though it's weird that Kel would be in the shadowlands - didn't he have a phylactery, and therefore can't really die? Or does a phylactery only allow you to go back? Guess we'll see.
    I think a phylactery binds his soul to the mortal world, so while his body can be destroyed, he can come back using it.

Interesting, but being a Lich, I expected Kel'thuzad to show up somewhere. Still waiting fro Arthas, though!

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I think a phylactery binds his soul to the mortal world, so while his body can be destroyed, he can come back using it.
    I really like the idea that his soul is bound to the shadowlands like you imply. I don't believe we ever found his phylactery after Naxx right?

I also like the idea of him trying to get the "LK" power for himself.

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Kel'thuzad wants to eradicate all life on Azeroth. His goals align with the Jailer and Sylvanas. He is clearly up to no good in Maldraxxus. Maldraxxus, like all the other covenants, defy the Jailer.

So based on this, I think Kel'thuzad is allied with the Jailer and is trying to overthrow the current "government" of Maldraxxus so that he can take control of the Shadowlands army in the Jailer's name.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Warcite View Post
    I really like the idea that his soul is bound to the shadowlands like you imply. I don't believe we ever found his phylactery after Naxx right?

nax 1: "oh his phylactry lets take it back to lights hope to destroy it"
    Shifty stranger: "Hey i will buy it off you for a ton of cash..."
    Hero: "SURE! nothing could go wrong"
    Nax 2: "Wtf he didnt have his phylactry this time... he carried it on him last time, why aint it here again?"

We found it but gave it to some jackoff.

Hope he gets a proper role this time. It makes sense for him to try to take over Makdraxxus, I wonder if he is working for someone and if he still has any connection with Arthas.

Kael and Vashj as potential bosses???

hello TBC 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Looks like Hakkar is back, too.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Kinda strange that we see tons of past characters the community loved yet nothing about Arthas who is one if not the most loved character in wow lore, at this point I'm not sure wtf is going on

1-Blizz don't want to butcher his character and let his story done
    2-We will have a BIG reveal regard Arthas later as Alpha progress

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Kinda strange that we see tons of past characters the community loved yet nothing about Arthas who is one if not the most loved character in wow lore, at this point I'm not sure wtf is going on

1-Blizz don't want to butcher his character and let his story done
    2-We will have a BIG reveal regard Arthas later as Alpha progress
    It's probably not in the files yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

hello TBC 2.0
    Just saw that! I'm kind of hoping that Kael is not a boss again...I'm not saying I want him to be a good guy again, but I want him to have a deep story and see him evolve in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Stage 6: A Moon's Death
    Relive the last moments of the Night Warrior.

The death of Tyrande? A previous holder of the mantle of Night Warrior?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Just saw that! I'm kind of hoping that Kael is not a boss again...I'm not saying I want him to be a good guy again, but I want him to have a deep story and see him evolve in the expansion.
    eh good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

hello TBC 2.0
    It seems that Vashj is a new ally

Stage 4: The Highlord and the Lady
    Regroup with the forces of Alexandros and Baroness Vashj.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The following was just data-mined on wowhead/mmo:

NEW Stage 6: Confronting the Margrave
    Confront Margrave Sin'dane about Kel'Thuzad's treachery.
    NEW Stage 7: The Third Fall of Kel'Thuzad
    End Kel'Thuzad's manipulations in Maldraxxus

What kind of role do you think he will be playing? Do you think he's going to attempt to take control of Maldraxus? Who is he working for?

Mod Edit: Repurposed this thread to discuss returning NPC's in general.
    I was really hoping this was going to be about Nomi