Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Also all the sim websites require a fee if you don’t want to wait ages for you sim to run.

As long as there’s a free functioning part of the addon, I think that charging for “extras” is not against TOS.

- - - Updated - - -

Reason why people still pays for Zygor is beyond my imagination, apart from sporadic bugs and the WoD part not working, azeroth auto pilot does the same things for free.
    I use dugi, just prefer the layout

The fact that these people think they actually have to make a promise to not inject advertising directly into add-ons does not fill me with confidence. The old Curse client had ads that were filled to the brim with keyloggers and other intrusive garbage, and these people are reminiscing about it? They're going to "iterate" on it?

The Twitch app isn't great, but at least I know I'm not going to get a goddamn virus or have my identity stolen because of it..

Thank god...bye bye buggy twitch client.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That's what I thought aswell, this is a powderkeg.
    They won’t sell the mods, there will probably be a donation/patronage system directly embedded in the client.

Never heard of Overwolf before this, but hey, looking on the bright side:

GOODBYE TWITCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Never heard of Overwolf before this, but hey, looking on the bright side:

GOODBYE TWITCH!!!
    Been around for years, mostly as game overlays for things like mumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for fucks sake. I miss when this was just the Curse client. That overwolf shit is annoying too. I had to use it for some other program years ago, I forget which but it was a major pain in the ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also all the sim websites require a fee if you don’t want to wait ages for you sim to run.

As long as there’s a free functioning part of the addon, I think that charging for “extras” is not against TOS.

- - - Updated - - -

Reason why people still pays for Zygor is beyond my imagination, apart from sporadic bugs and the WoD part not working, azeroth auto pilot does the same things for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    TSM's premium service only really does some extra things in the APP (great deals), you get the full addon without paying.

And Zygor gets away with it through some loophole of the addon is free but the "Scripts" are paid, same way people can do sub for WA strings.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
    All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create “premium” versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Overwolf ? yeah no thanks, time to find an alternative.

I use dugi, just prefer the layout
    Seems nice but seems not to have a leveling guide embedded. AAP is really “poor” UI side and skipping steps is tricky sometimes but it has good leveling paths for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god. Really don't like the Twitch app. Literally only used it for WoW addons, so seeing all the other needless information on it as well as social aspects just seemed over the top for it's basic use.

Seems nice but seems not to have a leveling guide embedded. AAP is really “poor” UI side and skipping steps is tricky sometimes but it has good leveling paths for free.
    What do you mean? Dugi is a full leveling guide like zygor/aap

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create “premium” versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
    Nice blue quote but clearly not true (or enforced) in the slightest since there are a lot of popular addons out there that require a fee (someone even a monthly fee) to work.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That falls under Zygor, maybe, no clue, they SAY they have talked to blizzard and are a-ok, but who knows.

As for TSM, nothing they charge for is addon related, the add on is the same whether you pay or not, you just pay for extra scan info on their own APP and premium forums on the site.

What do you mean? Dugi is a full leveling guide like zygor/aap
    A bit OT but in the curse description of the add there’s no mentioning about a leveling guide.

A bit OT but in the curse description of the add there’s no mentioning about a leveling guide.
    ah, yea, they have their own launcher, so they may not be up to date on curse. Was just saying I'll pay for something I prefer.

That falls under Zygor, maybe, no clue, they SAY they have talked to blizzard and are a-ok, but who knows.

As for TSM, nothing they charge for is addon related, the add on is the same whether you pay or not, you just pay for extra scan info on their own APP and premium forums on the site.
    Yes regarding TSM but according to the Blue post apparently you should not charge for extra features anyways.

Yes regarding TSM but according to the Blue post apparently you should not charge for extra features anyways.
    That could become of slippery slope of "if you have an addon on your website you can't charge for ANYTHING" though, so it's no wonder they don't enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Overwolf ? yeah no thanks, time to find an alternative.
    CurseBreaker:
    https://github.com/AcidWeb/CurseBreaker

azeroth auto pilot does the same things for free.
    And far, far worse. Their leveling path for most pre-BFA content is atrocious in terms of efficiency, easily among the worst leveling addons. Only popular because it managed to get lucky.