Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Why is your taskbar always visible? Just play in full screen windowed mode and use a second monitor to do all your websurfing like every other pc gamer on planet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can just right click with your mouse and unpin them. You can also customize the taskbar settings by right clicking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frai85 View Post
    Why is your taskbar always visible? Just play in full screen windowed mode and use a second monitor to do all your websurfing like every other pc gamer on planet.
    Because gaming is not the problem. It is work, and my main monitor needs to have the task bar visible because I'm switching a lot between my programs.

When my gaming rig is connected to the monitor, i have a differently styled task bar.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2021-02-17 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the same on my second screen.. a asus pg279 , it is 5 years old, but still disappointing for a £500 monitor that has a screensaver that turns on with 5min of activity/ not turned on when gaming.

I always hide my task bar, and have a screen saver on.. Never had a problem like that, and like you i have my monitors on for about 12/14 hours a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frai85 View Post
    See this post here? This post gave me cancer. If StayTuned bought a ASUS ROG PG278QR which according to what I'm reading is around $400-$500, then I'd be very mad to find something burned into it. You have a 36 month warranty so I'd use it and get it replaced. If you're out of the warranty period then you're SOL, unless you do something which many here would consider unethical.

I have to push my own topic back to the top

For some time my screen has recovered but... now it's all over. I will keep my task bar hidden so maybe it gets better. But look at this.. the whole freaking task bar has burnt itself into the monitor!! There really isn't a way to get rid of this, or? I am one year over warranty, too

Meanwhile, we can turn this into a "recommend me a monitor" thread...

I just wrote to Asus, asking for help or maybe a replacement or whatever. Don't think anything will happen... they're not known to do that unlike Logitech for example.

So, I am looking for a new monitor as it seems.

Should be:

* 2k / 2560x1440
    * 144hz
    * Minimum 27"
    * G-SYNC
    * Maximum 800€

I would like to have something modern. The main purpose is gaming. My RTX 3070 can handle it

Maybe this? https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07T7K2V7L/...language=de_DE

What about maybe a larger curved monitor? I was thinking maybe

https://www.amazon.de/Acer-Displaypo.../dp/B078JB4291

or

https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-C32G73..._t3_B078JB4291

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @StayTuned if it’s truly burned in like that the best thing you’ll be hoping for is fading over time. I’ve seen other people report weird burn in issues with gsync on that monitor... if it’s on it may be worth shutting off to see what’s up. And check for a firmware update after that if gsync changes it.
    It's been like this for two days straight. This is when I noticed it at least. I have now removed the task bar to see if it gets better over time, but I cannot keep the monitor off for a few days. Gotta work on it, game on it, etc.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Samsung-C...s%2C252&sr=8-2 If you stretch a bit, the 27” is under 700 euro though. The G7 is basically best in class.
    Thanks. The G7 looks a bit heavy. I wonder if my mount can handle it. But yes, I could stretch a bit for a 32" since it would basically also replace my 2nd 1080p monitor at the same time. I wouldn't use a 32" AND a 2nd monitor.

If your mount could handle 2 27” monitors I’m guessing you’d be fine.
    Dude, is this the same monitor that Amazon is selling for 860?

https://www.caseking.de/samsung-odys....html#comments

Caseking is a good Germany based seller. They're offering it for 650 in 32"... ??? Is it like an old version or something? I cannot tell.