Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your first sporting memory?

I think for me it was either watching Bolton in the play offs or watching the Olympics , both in 2000

I think it was probably Bills vs. Browns in the AFC playoffs in like.......'89 or '88? My dad was so caught up in it. We were driving for the winning TD and Clay Mathews intercepted Jim Kelly at the 1 to seal the win for the Browns.

Probably the last time the Browns were ever good, tbh.

I went to see the Suns in like 92 or 93, in Arizona, I live on the other side of the country.
    When leaving like 2 weeks, just so happened to run into Charles Barkley at the airport and he signed my Suns basketball. I was 8 or 9 at the time. I remember other things, like seeing Tyson fight on PPV (big deal in my family) but Sir Charles was the nicest guy and happily talked with me and answered questions. In contrast a year later I ran into Lawrence Taylor and the guy wouldn't even talk to me and demanded $20 from my Grandma to sign something for me. Like how are you that cold hearted when a 9 year old recognizes you, his career started before I was born and I still knew who he was.

2002 World Cup I think, watching Ronaldo and that Brazil team was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    1994 Canucks cup finals run, hell of an underdog story.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember my first event, I remember when I was really young I watched some baseball...liked the Sox and my favorite player was Frank Thomas. Then got into Basketball with my Mom and we watched the 90's Jordan era and quit not long after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember Finland winning vs Soviet Union in the Calgary olympics ice hockey - Finland got its first medal ever. That was in '88.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I think for me it was either watching Bolton in the play offs or watching the Olympics , both in 2000
    Watching a MMA fight with my friend. It was a big pleasure for both of us.

The one that always sticks in my mind is Damon Hill winning the 1996 F1 championship at Suzuka, I was watching it with my dad. I already liked F1 before this point I just don't really have any memories of it prior to that.

Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-07-27 at 05:48 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The 1989 Bills vs. Brown Divisional playoff game, in which we lost 34-30 on an interception at the 3 yard line on the potential game-winning TD drive.

We then went to 4 straight SBs in a row after that, a feat I don't think will ever be repeated (the Patriots almost had it this past year though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I use to live in a part of Bolton where I was pretty much between where Burnden was and where the Reebok is, so on particularly emotional nights you could hear the crowd from the back garden. The roar when Bolton went 2-0 up in that first leg was up there with the 100pt Championship win and the final night at Burnden in terms of distant volume.

Earliest memory for me is the 94 FA Cup, 2 Cantona penalties and *that* wig.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Trying my hands at slalom, failing miserably at the zig-zagging and stopping violently by simply allowing myself to crash into the barrier at the bottom of the slope.

As for events: Seeing that guy get his throat slit by a fellow player's ice skate. I was like 5 or 6 and the moment was shown on TV for some reason, years after it had happened. I don't think my parents realized I was paying attention, but I was.

I thought it was from a movie until I was 15 and saw it on one of those "Deadliest Sporting events"-shows again. *shiver*.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was the World Cup Final in 1998 which I watched with my grandad. France won against Brazil 3 - 0.

It's a bit of a blur but during one of the World Cup matches Zidane hit a penalty where the ball hit the upper bar of the goal first before going in...I still remember that clearly.

First sporting event I ever went too, 2005, The first Richmond vs Essendon dreamtime game at the MCG!

80,000 roaring fans, something I’ll never forget!

Been hooked ever since

An Atlanta Braves player getting hit by a bottle during a TV broadcast. I was like 2? maybe.

Tigers winning the world series in 84.

Di Donna bringing home three golds and one bronze in a single year (1996) @ Näfels's World Shooting Championships and Atlanta's XXVI Olympiad respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

I was very ashamed of my uniform when I first came to the gym.

7+ Year Old Account
    1995 - Regular league match Independiente vs Ferro
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.