Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Duncan Jones is a hack who just can't cut-it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Also, huh.

Stormwind, Lordaeron, Gilneas, Dalaran, Alterac, Stromgarde, Boralus, Zin-Azshari, Zuldazar, Suramar, Ironforge, Silvermoon, Gnomeregan, Mechagon, Nazjatar: Are we a joke to you?
    This is why the subsequent warcraft moveies would fail, and the reason why the first one failed too.

It's a horde advertisement, it follows the horde trend and favoritism, it props up the horde, and far fewer people relate to monster aliens who come to invade your home after accepting a demonic bargain - and though their tale is sad and with heroism, it's not prime spot material.

The first movie failed to give enough focus to the very humans most people would relate too. They made the movie to cater for the playing population in it's horde favouritism. THe wider global population - could not relate.

And his projections confirm it, he was producing world of horde craft, not WC1-3, I knew blizzards massive and very unfair horde bias in their narrative push would come back to bite them. They shat on alliance races and fans for so long in their narrative, and it's just not appealing - this is why the game had to prop up the horde so much.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Or they shouldn't pander to whiny man children when they don't get their way? But the blatant racism you've displayed is enough for me.
    LMAO, so pathetic, first you try to insinuate the movie's failure was due to the fans, and not the fucking retarded ad-libbing of the story and general lack of quality direction for the production, then you play a tired old meme to try and ad hom the person who points out WHY the movie failed.

I hope you enjoyed it though, there won't be many things you'll enjoy the in the future.

Thrall the movie , thanks I would pass . They really are clueless aren't they?

A tauren whispers Go El travel east you might find friends.Orgrimmar is build in the 3rd movie.
    Like really? You can make a movie with the Pantheon discovering planets leading to the dark side of the worlds involving the old gods and the void.Then leading to Sargeras creating The Burning Legion.
    Burning Legion that in some way was linked to Nerzhul that later became the Lich King.Lich King that in some other way was linked to Outland alongside Illidan.You have dragonkin with the Aspects,qiraji with their empire,high elves with queen Azshara accepting Nzoth;s gift of becoming a naga and all this so called director was thinking that the 2nd movie would have been a random tauren whispering Thrall to travel east and look for friends leading into movie nr 3 the building of Orgrimmar?
    Hopefully Warcraft movie stops at 1 movie.

If they wanted to do a 3 movie trilogy they could have gone like this:

Movie 1: Start the story with a young Arthas and portray his journey of seeking revenge on Mal'Ganis where he ends up turning into a DK, ends the movie with killing Terenas

Movie 2: Basically tells the story of Arthas as a DK. We see him for all the events portrayed in the undead campaigns (destroy Quel'Thalas, summon Archimonde, reach Lich King etc) and the movie ends with Arthas becoming the next Lich king

Movie 3: This is where we shift more towards the champions of Azeroth and Tirion. We see them journey to Northrend and have an entire story play out where they go on a huge journey reaching Arthas. We would also have a lot of sceens from Arthas' POV. The movie ends with Arthas defeated (might play out differently than in WoW)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Thrall the movie , thanks I would pass . They really are clueless aren't they?
    I mean, remember when players got so sick of Thrall and started mocking him as 'Green Jesus'? You'd think they'd get the message by now. It's funny though... Blizzard - and Duncan - wants to make all this awesome stuff about Thrall, their beloved character, show that he's the best character ever, that Thrall---

Fans: We don't like Thrall that much. Majority of us prefer Arthas.
    Blizzard & Duncan: You think you do, but you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Would have been way too similar to Lord of the Rings if they went with Arthas though I would agree that it would have made for a better movie.
    How is Arthas' story ANYTHING like Lord of the Rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Fans: We don't like Thrall that much. Majority of us prefer Arthas.
    Blizzard & Duncan: You think you do, but you don't.
    Even though you're being facetious, in a movie sense this is true. We think we do but we don't.

The Arthas story works in a game because you play as the character and you follow that journey and it works because you're in control of it. The impact is personal. The amount we spend in game time and cinematics is enough to see his full story and his impact on all other storylines around him. We see Jaina's perspective, and we see Uther's perspective, we see Muradin's perspective, but at the end of the day we know this is Arthas' story because we are literally playing as Arthas and always him

If you watch a character go through that on the big screen, it doesn't carry as much weight to it. As much as everyone loves Darth Vader and thinks an origin story would be killer, the Prequels show the truth of it. The prequels carry through all the motions we expect, but we have no empathy for the Anakin character because we're honestly given very little reason to. The lack of proper development just ends up looking like a character who makes all the bad moves and all the bad mistakes and his motivations and convictions don't carry as much weight due to the lack of time for us to absorb all that is happening (bad casting/acting/writing didn't help either). We would need to make this a miniseries to properly get the character development and depth that's needed to really sell Arthas' character. This is why Clone Wars (animated series, not to be confused with 'Attack of the Clones') does a far better job of selling Anakin's character arc than the movies ever did.

As far as Thrall goes, his character is MUCH more easier for the audience to digest, because he's very archetypical to the point where it's cliche (green Jesus). Arthas however is a complex character who becomes the bad guy, and in a movie sense there isn't widespread appeal for a main character becoming a bad guy and ending a movie on a downer by dooming all of humanity.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-06-26 at 10:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Even though you're being facetious, in a movie sense this is true. We think we do but we don't.

The Arthas story works in a game because you play as the character and you follow that journey and it works because you're in control of it. The impact is personal. The amount we spend in game time and cinematics is enough to see his full story and his impact on all other storylines around him. We see Jaina's perspective, and we see Uther's perspective, we see Muradin's perspective, but at the end of the day we know this is Arthas' story because we are literally playing as Arthas and always him

If you watch a character go through that on the big screen, it doesn't carry as much weight to it. As much as everyone loves Darth Vader and thinks an origin story would be killer, the Prequels show the truth of it. The prequels carry through all the motions we expect, but we have no empathy for the Anakin character because we're honestly given very little reason to. The lack of proper development just ends up looking like a character who makes all the bad moves and all the bad mistakes and his motivations and convictions don't carry as much weight due to the lack of time for us to absorb all that is happening (bad casting/acting/writing didn't help either). We would need to make this a miniseries to properly get the character development and depth that's needed to really sell Arthas' character. This is why Clone Wars (animated series, not to be confused with 'Attack of the Clones') does a far better job of selling Anakin's character arc than the movies ever did.

As far as Thrall goes, his character is MUCH more easier for the audience to digest, because he's very archetypical to the point where it's cliche (green Jesus). Arthas however is a complex character who becomes the bad guy, and in a movie sense there isn't widespread appeal for a main character becoming a bad guy and ending a movie on a downer by dooming all of humanity.
    Oh I didn't even say anything about making Arthas the main character of a movie or anything! I just pointed out that it's amusing how Blizzard & Duncan are trying their best to make Orcs the best thing ever, especially Thrall, like they are the poster boys of Warcraft (Kinda like the statue outside of Blizz HQ) - but in reality people just don't much care for them as much as other things (like Arthas).

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn
    Hahahahahahahahahaha... ahhh, hahahahahahahhahahaha!

Wow, all this time and even this site is still delusional about how well that movie performed. (Also I like how they stated that in such a nonsensical fashion--it has the highest grossing world wide what?!?; the only phrase that comes close to being accurate after that is 'bomb of the year'--that I'm sure some of the sycophants around here are going to try to add an extra word to try to rationalize it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It was only just beat out by Detective Pikachu as the highest grossing video game movie of all time. It was just the American/European fans that were upset it wasn't a story about Arthas who didn't like it.
    Yep. Totally called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    Yep. Totally called it.
    And you called it wrong. It was the highest grossing video game movie when it came out. No lies there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    And you called it wrong. It was the highest grossing video game movie when it came out. No lies there.
    That's not what I said was going to happen. I said someone was going to try to spin the comment in a way it was not stated, and they did. The original comment is suggesting it's one of the highest grossing movies of all time (by omission).

Regardless, it was still a lemon that never recouped its losses. That makes it by all definitions a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Yeh, so successful, they're lining up for the sequels... oh wait!

The good thing of that movie perhaps was, it made some of the silly italian sword & sorcery B movies back from the 80ies, look like masterpieces.

whats up with wasting billions of dollars on terrible directors trying to do epic movies?

First JJ Abrahms with a TFA disney fan fic, and shortly after warcraft by duncan!

Those people clearly are not the best directors of those genres and have no imagination and a good sense how to flesh out fantasy, while having really good insparation in forms of older movies or animation movies in front of them.

I expect MUCH better with that kind of budged the movies had and original sources availible to them!!!

Lame!!!

I think a Warcraft HBO series like GOT would kill if done right. The question is where do you start it?

Yep, no Horde bias at all. Fuck that movie, fuck Zoey Bowie, and fuck Blizzard for letting him make that ball of shit.

Warcraft has millions of fans, if i do a movie it would be a blast!

Ok, lets play the games so we can get into the sto-------

NO, ILL MAKE IT BETTER AND FANS WILL LOVE IT

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people who wanted an Arthas movie are wrong and should be ashamed.