Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Why is Theramore seen as unjustified?

Blizzard had pretty much confirmed that the barrens conflict was started by North watch and co so I dont really see how it is a war crime

Jaina was pouring in legions of soldiers, steamtanks and ballista, burns down Taurajo and attacks the great gate, then garrosh has had enough, nukes it and suddenly it’s a war crime. «Innocents died». Innocents don’t matter in wow. There is a world quest where you run over like a thousand goblins with a dark iron golem and its seen as funny and hilarious

And Im not asking for a pissing contest about how much worse the horde has done, I am asking why its seen as a warcrime and not a legitimate military target *cough*
    An'u belore delen'na

The book canon never addresses the fact that Theramoore was sending troops
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Blizzard had pretty much confirmed that the barrens conflict was started by North watch and co so I dont really see how it is a war crime

Jaina was pouring in legions of soldiers, steamtanks and ballista, burns down Taurajo and attacks the great gate, then garrosh has had enough, nukes it and suddenly it’s a war crime. «Innocents died». Innocents don’t matter in wow. There is a world quest where you run over like a thousand goblins with a dark iron golem and its seen as funny and hilarious

And Im not asking for a pissing contest about how much worse the horde has done, I am asking why its seen as a warcrime and not a legitimate military target *cough*
    Because of really poorly explained arguments like your OP, that's why people don't have the whole picture.

bcs it was done by horde to alliance, thats it, if it was other way around it would be fine and justified and nobody would ever be considered responsible for it or god forbid actualy punished

It's seen as a war crime because Garrosh nuked the city, without any care or concern for the civilian population nonetheless. Furthermore, Garrosh vowed he would conquer all of Kalimdor for the Horde. He would've attacked Theramore regardless of Jaina's actions. The only ones responsible for Theramore's fall are Garrosh and Thrall, who entrusted all the military power to a crazy warmonger. There's a reason why in BfA Thrall cites Theramore as one of his greatest failures.

Those goblin were not innocents. They were military personnel of the Horde army who went to Zandalar for war purposes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye theres literally still a road in game filled with tanks and soldiers comming from theramore and people wonder why it was a target of the horde.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's been a while since I've even thought about Theramore but it could be that it's considered unjustified not because it wasn't a legitimate military target (it was), but because of the means by which it was destroyed. A mana bomb is instant, leaves zero survivors (despite what you think, civilians are important, and killing them IS a war crime) and is honestly pretty cowardly for the "muh honor" Horde under Garrosh.

Now if they attacked Theramore with a force of soldiers or by sea, won through skill/numbers/attrition/whatever, and allowed civilians to evacuate (like they pretended happened with Teldrassil) then I don't think it would have been considered unjustified.
    Last edited by Sae; 2020-06-28 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Because of really poorly explained arguments like your OP, that's why people don't have the whole picture.
    I was asking a question
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-06-28 at 07:47 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The book canon never addresses the fact that Theramoore was sending troops
    Canonically the Alliance are not backing or condoning any aggression out of Theramore until Cataclysm, when Garrosh declares war on the Alliance.

It's like blaming the horde for the actions of the Grimtotem, like blaming lone actors in Theramore on the Alliance.

I was asking a question not argumenting for anything

Are allys really this easily triggered?
    I main horde but sure.

5+ Year Old Account

Because, as someone said in these boards, !@#$ is bad only when the Horde does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was asking a question not argumenting for anything

Are allys really this easily triggered?
    Its always funny to watch anyone on this forum with an alliance lion, alleria or a nightelf as avatar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

"Uhergeewd the Horde dropped a bomb on one of our cities and killed CHILDREN! This can never be forgiven!!"

"Uh, you WERE using it as a major point for military buildup though."

"CHILDREN!!!"

"Didn't you put an entire race in concentration camps and made them fight for sport? Including children?"

"That's different, that was WAR, we had to contain the Orcs or they'd have killed us all, it was a justified preemptive action even if it included an entire race indiscriminately."

"So if we strike against a military outpost used to wage war against us in the past and serving as a rallying point for a massive force in the present, that's... not war?"

"YOU'RE MONSTERS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Its always funny to watch anyone on this forum with an alliance lion, alleria or a nightelf as avatar.
    Alleria fans are the bane of my existance

I occasionly go back to the nightborne recruitment quest to see lor’themar humiliate her infront of everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    It's been a while since I've even thought about Theramore but it could be that it's considered unjustified not because it wasn't a legitimate military target (it was), but because of the means by which it was destroyed. A mana bomb is instant, leaves zero survivors (despite what you think, civilians are important, and killing them IS a war crime) and is honestly pretty cowardly for the "muh honor" Horde under Garrosh.

Now if they attacked Theramore with a force of soldiers or by sea, won through skill/numbers/attrition/whatever, and allowed civilians to evacuate (like they pretended happened with Teldrassil) then I don't think it would have been considered unjustified.
    I kinda get it I guess but im tired of the horde getting blamed for everything all the time

But if we are going to talk about war crimes I might aswell trial the draenei for bringing the burning legion to draenor but I guess they paid reparations with the road of glory ;-))
    An'u belore delen'na

I kinda get it I guess but im tired of the horde getting blamed for everything all the time

But if we are going to talk about war crimes I might aswell trial the draenei for bringing the burning legion to draenor but I guess they paid reparations with the road of glory ;-))
    Shit like this is why it's impossible to take you seriously.

With your argument, then anything is justified against the horde, since they re-brought the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Now if they attacked Theramore with a force of soldiers or by sea
    actualy, they had, as far as i can remember theramore was under siege for some time before they bombed it, plus they were warned in advance and managed to get reinforcements and evacuate children and civilians by boat...

Maybe because there are 2 factions in this game and one of them has NEVER launched a devastating assault against a major city - or even settlement - of the other, while the other faction leaves no opportunity unused to nuke civilians?

Just a thought.

Of course, if you identify yourself with the A-hole bully faction that gets pampered by the developers and never loses anything on screen..you may not be able to see it this way. Comes with all the sugar being blown up one's rear. It blurrs both vision and emotion.

It's like two guys getting into a fight in the subway and after pushing each other arround for a bit one of them pulls out an assault rifle and shoots the other guy. Totally justified. Of course.

3+ Year Old Account
    once again, for the 7534574354395435435th time, the problem wasn't the bombing itself, but the torture of the captured civilians, including women and children - sponsored by the Warchief of the Horde himself
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    when Garrosh declares war on the Alliance.
    Not true, Varian started the war in UC, hostilities began in WoTLK following the Wrathgate.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Funny how you skip over the manner by which it was attacked in an attempt to start a pissing contest.

I doubt most people would care if it was attacked with some dignity and ended up being taken over, but bombing literal children among other innocents isn't okay. But I feel like you knew this.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Not true, Varian started the war in UC, hostilities began in WoTLK following the Wrathgate.

This is the official stance from Blizzard on when the war started and by who:

Q:
    The Alliance army who invaded the Barrens wore the tabard of Theramore. Were they under Jaina Proudmoore's command? And their invasion happened way before the time of the incoming destruction of Theramore incident, so what's the reason behind their attack on Orgrimmar's territory? It seems the Alliance and the Horde were already in total war in Cataclysm.

A:
    Because Garrosh wants to defeat the night elves and conquer the whole of Kalimdor under the banner of the Horde. So the humans of Theramore sent their army and tried to establish a military line between the night elf territory and Theramore. But it seems the result is not what they expected.