Is TFT still popular?

I was playing a crap ton of TFT when it first came out and then completely stopped for a while. I'm thinking of going back but is it still a popular game mode?

I'm trying to get back into it and after spending ~10 hours watching challenger streams I still don't know what class/origin half those fucking units are lol. They all look like sailor moon anime characters and the differentiation between them makes no logical sense; it all has to be memorized. There seem to be more classes/origins/items than before too, so even the quantity of things to learn is higher now.

The victorious little legends are pretty cool though and I'll power through just to play with mine lol.

“Popular” is subjective here.

Popular i don't really know but boring, yeah

It's hard to say if it's popular or not, but there is always people playing at every hour. Personally I like it, but sometimes it's frustrating because you can learn the traits and the champions all you want sometimes you just get nothing good in terms of champs vs items and traits and it makes the game kind of luck based.
    In the norm games half of the time half of the players are AFK and That makes it kind of too easy or boring. But I like the concept, I just wish that they make some sort of penalties for the AFK or something.
    Last edited by Hellst0rmm; 2021-02-18 at 02:16 AM.

Popular is hard to determine.

Objectively, it's in the top few rows on Twitch regularly, so I'd say yes. Not as popular as many other games, but still popular enough to be up there.

I believe that TFT will always be relevant, since this is a championship that can prioritize help to make money in your favorite game. Of course, I understand that my dreams of becoming the European champion are just dreams, but I want to strive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm trying to get back into it and after spending ~10 hours watching challenger streams I still don't know what class/origin half those fucking units are lol. They all look like sailor moon anime characters and the differentiation between them makes no logical sense; it all has to be memorized. There seem to be more classes/origins/items than before too, so even the quantity of things to learn is higher now.

The victorious little legends are pretty cool though and I'll power through just to play with mine lol.
    The classes/origins change with the set changes. TFT is currently on set 4.5 with the current cycle being that a new set rotates all the classes and origins out for whatever the new set's event is and the X.5 patch rotating some units out and some new ones in for the current set.

The set should be ending in another 1-1.5 months or so and then the next set will be rotated in with new classes/origins again so that every few months there's basically a complete reset.

it is getting more popular nowadays. They regularly update new contents and skins and develop better gameplay options. I see more streamers playing TFT now

I play a lot TFT and there are always a lot of people there and the game is found pretty quickly

It's pretty boring