[Warrior Nun] discussion

What do you get if you mix Xena, Buffy the vampire slayer, the exorcist and starwars? The most epic show on the planet. Not even out for a week on netflix but already trending in most countries. And for good reasons. This super woke show has it all:

Disabled people
    Superpowers
    Transgenders
    Mystery
    Gay relationships
    High tech quantum shizzle
    Multi racial cast
    Demons
    Criticism on rich people
    Female protagonist
    Female empowerment
    Criticism on catholicity

Warrior Nun revolves around the story of a 19-year-old woman who wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of the ancient Order of the Cruciform Sword that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her.

Discuss
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2020-07-10 at 09:13 PM.

I'm sure there are plenty of as-yet unbanned subreddits to grind this particular axe against entertainment that depicts groups of people you despise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    What do you get if you mix Xena, Buffy the vampire slayer, the exorcist and starwars? The most epic show on the planet. Not even out for a week on netflix but already trending in most countries. And for good reasons. This super woke show has it all:

Disabled people
    Superpowers
    Transgenders
    Mystery
    Gay relationships
    High tech quantum shizzle
    Multi racial cast
    Demons
    Criticism on rich people
    Female protagonist
    Female empowerment
    Criticism on catholicity

Warrior Nun revolves around the story of a 19-year-old woman who wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of the ancient Order of the Cruciform Sword that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her.

Discuss
    Sounds exactly like something Netflix would make. I was going to check it out but after watching trailer I had enough, shit music was the main reason but the whole trailer was bad, no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't watch it, you're not missing much. Strikes me as something that could have used better direction and/or more time in the cutting room. The story is clumsy and awkward. There is potential there but its not realized in the current published product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy, I cannot wait until we get to the point where people stop complaining about every show/movie that stars anything other than an all white and straight cast as "woke."

As for the actual show, it was alright. It took itself too seriously. I was hoping for something more like Buffy where it knows how silly the premise is and leans into it. This didn't really. Too bad. The cast was pretty solid (Camila is the ultimate badass little cinnamon roll and I love her) and the fights were fun so there is potential, but it was ultimately a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Boy, I cannot wait until we get to the point where people stop complaining about every show/movie that stars anything other than an all white and straight cast as "woke."

As for the actual show, it was alright. It took itself too seriously. I was hoping for something more like Buffy where it knows how silly the premise is and leans into it. This didn't really. Too bad. The cast was pretty solid (Camila is the ultimate badass little cinnamon roll and I love her) and the fights were fun so there is potential, but it was ultimately a let down.
    Boy, I cannot wait to get to the point where people stop complaining about every show/movie that doesn't check every token box.

I couldn't get past the second episode. I'm so sick of "Young dipshit gets amazing powers" stories.

I'm sure there's probably some sort of wholesome tale of overcoming adversity and becoming a decent human being somewhere later on in the show. I just can't bring myself to stomach the teenager aspects of it.

Recommendation? Do yourself a favor and watch "The Old Guard" instead. It's also on netflix and is a much better story involving supernatural powers with a side order of modern social issues. With better acting, I might add.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-07-11 at 12:34 PM.

Since the OP and many of the other posts are teetering close to forbidden topics I am closing this as there isn't enough actual discussion on the topic.