Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Shadowlands - An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns

WoW Classic - Actions Taken Against Exploitation - July 1 Update

Shadowlands - An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In an upcoming build for the Shadowlands alpha, we are updating some dialog and quest text referring to a key character to the Bastion storyline: Pelagos. While normally we wouldn’t share these changes in advance, we recognize there is a higher than usual possibility of this being misunderstood if (and when) it is discovered out of context through datamining, and wanted to make sure that our intentions are clear.

A key part of the Bastion storyline is that Aspirants are able to choose a physical form that represents their true self. Pelagos, who presented as a woman in his mortal life, chose to be a man in the Shadowlands. The team had originally written him to use they/them pronouns, but received feedback that he/him would be more respectful of the character’s wishes to be identified as a man. This change is simply the result of us listening and responding to that feedback.

lol this is gonna be received well

oh for christ sakes... can we have ANYTHING....ANY..FUCKING..THING.. without political correctness or "inclusiveness" rammed into it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see how this is going to turn out lol

Edit: damn too late lmao

I'm sure people totally aren't gonna over-react to this and go into entire political shitstorms.

(I agree with you for once though Blizz, gg)

glad to see blizzard recognizing lgbtq more often these days

Surely, using logic of the people who prefer different pronouns, they should be respecting Pelagos' pronouns that Pelagos chose, and not saying xyz would be more respectful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    oh for christ sakes... can we have ANYTHING....ANY..FUCKING..THING.. without political correctness or "inclusiveness" rammed into it?
    Someone didn't take their gummi vitamins this morning and it shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Words are Satan’s weapon. Identifying yourself with any word is hubris. The only truth you will ever find is in your eternal inner silence.

If we care about what characters think, could we also change every pejorative term used towards Sylvanas into a compliment?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    The character is going to be very happy xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine; Chromie got there first.

Her non-dragon form is a female gnome mage, but as her dragon name is Chronormu and the suffix for male dragons is -normu, not -normi, she's actually a male dragon.

If you care about this, on either side of the coin, you're an idiot. It's a game, with make believe characters. Who gives a flying fuck what the character identifies as.

If the dragon identifies as a fairy toaster 9000 space goat, cool what ever. Doesn't affect me at all, just give me the damn quest so I can go kill murlocs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zzzz breadcrumbs from a company that loves to virtue signal. This is a useless blue post.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

This Thread will go places.

lol in ten characters

Screw this politically correct bullshit.

ofc they have to add another lgbt+ token
    you kwo what? at this point i don't even care anymore but if you want to add this "inclusivness" bs at least give me some left handed option for my character and some left handed character.
    we left handed are a "minority" no one care about (yes, this is irony and yes i'm really left handed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out everyone. We're about to see an influx of the gaming community's worst hot takes with totally respectful and mature responses.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. Good for Blizzard.