Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    The expansion after shadowlands absolutely needs a hero class to drive in new players and increase hype.

We saw with both DKs and DHs that it brought incredible hype and many new players to the game. Having a class start at a high level with cool concepts drove in many new players. Most DHs mains I have spoken to started playing in Legion (as a lot of players keep their mains forever and stay loyal).

I dont care if its Tinkerers or Necromancers or Shadow hunters it needs to happen to drive in hype and dreams.
    no just no ... we don't need a new Hero class we need the current Classes to not feel like a clunky/boring pile of shit one can say what they want about OMFG PANDA YIKES or worst xpac ever WoD class design was at its best there and classes actually felt fluid and most of them fun and interactive thats what we need

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Kel'thuzad is in the Shadowlands, but yeah, I no longer think Necromancer will become a thing as it would've happened for SL then.
    Shadow hunter is not big enough to happen, so my money would be on a void based class or a Tinker.
    The problem with a Void Class is that there is no distinction between Shadow magic and Void Magic in terms of actual gameplay, so the class (in terms of gameplay) would look like a DK or DH in melee form, or a Warlock or Shadow Priest in caster form. I do agree that there isn't enough material to make a Shadow Hunter class, especially when you consider that the meat of the concept is based on Shamanism, and the Shaman class has its core spell concepts like Searing Totem/Serpent Ward, Hex and Chain Heal/Healing Wave.

But many ppl seem to be under the impression that Tinkers will be able to permanently fight inside of mechs, that's not gonna happen, that would definitely be a Metamorphosis kind of Cooldown ability.
    That largely stems from how the concept works in WC3 and how it's been shown to work thus far in WoW. In WC3, the Tinker could switch from pilot mode to mech mode much the same way Druids could switch from animal mode to caster mode. In WoW Mekkatorque, Gazlowe, Noggenfogger, Blackfuse, Mogul Razdunk, and Mech Jockies have all displayed permanent mech forms. It has never been demonstrated as a temporary form. In fact, Mech Jockies and Gazlowe in BFA demonstrated the mech as something you had to destroy in order for the character to be knocked out of the form.

It should be noted that in both WC3 and WoW, Metamorphosis was always shown as a cool down.

come shadowlands there will be no such thing as a hero class.
    so i doubt there will ever be one again.
    normal class will always be possible.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Absolutely not.
    >DH main

lol

The expansion needs fairly impeccable class balance, systems that don't punish alts so harshly and fun for it to do well. The start of BfA was great but it really fell off at the end. They just started juggling too many systems at once and it just threw all 3 of those things off.
    I'm a thread killer.

While I still want another mail class, I think I'd be way more hyped for class skins than one new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    come shadowlands there will be no such thing as a hero class.
    so i doubt there will ever be one again.
    normal class will always be possible.
    Yeah, I don't think another hero class can happen again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    While I still want another mail class, I think I'd be way more hyped for class skins than one new class.
    Tbh, I think it's about time they remove armor specialization and open up true customization for players.
    It's about time we can make proper transmogs for what we want, battle mages, blade masters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Nah, you're wrong. A new class is the biggest hype in the game, it's also the biggest expansion seller because people love to have new shit to play with.
    You'll quickly find that the game dies if they just keep classes the way they are now, that literally means you just play the same game over and over again through each expansion.
    It's about giving players half of what they want and then the other half is up to developers, this has been proven time and time again by the FF14 devs and it's working. Wow has never had as good of an expansion pack as Shadowbringers was, that's a fact. And it goes to show that the more you interact with your fanbase like that, the better the game will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Kel'thuzad is in the Shadowlands, but yeah, I no longer think Necromancer will become a thing as it would've happened for SL then.
    Shadow hunter is not big enough to happen, so my money would be on a void based class or a Tinker.

But many ppl seem to be under the impression that Tinkers will be able to permanently fight inside of mechs, that's not gonna happen, that would definitely be a Metamorphosis kind of Cooldown ability.
    Thats your opinion. I for one am not interested in a new race or class. I want a better game and better content.

I dont really see what class they could introduce that would be different that what we have in the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Zoomers are growing up with instant gratification games on their iPhones and consoles. There will be no new generation that can handle slow long term gameplay of old MMOs.
    I dunno man, I have 4 young nephews and they are obsessed with Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Minecraft... Not really instant gratification type games.. That said I haven't played Minecraft in probably 7-8 years, no idea what it's like now. You also still have kids really interested in Pokemon, while not exactly an MMO it's a full on RPG experience with online functionality.

I think MMO's can still attract younger gamers, though there needs to be a revolution in MMO's to have any kinda draw like WoW had on millenials and boomers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    technically it doesn't NEED to have any particular thing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    no just no ... we don't need a new Hero class we need the current Classes to not feel like a clunky/boring pile of shit one can say what they want about OMFG PANDA YIKES or worst xpac ever WoD class design was at its best there and classes actually felt fluid and most of them fun and interactive thats what we need
    wod pruning started all the shit about class design and game pace

15+ Year Old Account
    How about a form of multi-class ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Does it, though? Hero Classes are by their design never used by new players. Because you need to hit an arbitrary level to make one at all.
    New players get level boosts when buying the new expansions, making the restriction totally arbitrary. So by design, they actually are meant to be used by anyone.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    wod pruning started all the shit about class design and game pace
    no one talked about pruning .,.. you can shit on WoD all youwan't but the majority if they talk about something good that WoD had going for it was that classes felt good why you come with fucking pruning idk but hey atleast u said something on the internet right?

There will be no expansion after SL as WoW will not have anyone playing it any longer.

At this point wow needs to go f2p if it continues the way it has been going...or risk losing its entire remaining playerbase to nw.

Have you seen sir medieval’s latest video? Looks incredible and the likes and comments tell me this game will finally give us mmorpg fans what we have been asking from blizzard to no avail.

Wow’s Job is not to make players happy or have fun, but to legally steal their money.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    Pls no more new classes, fix the ones we have! i mean what should the new class be? a dh can do it all, its the best class they could have designed, give them a healing spec and everyone can play a dh.
    fix the classes we have and make them fun again to play, then you dont need something new.

new races are always appreciated but not neccesary.
    People always keep saying fix the ones we have, fix the ones we have. Fix em, HOW. Its been 6-8 years. The classes are NEVER, EVER, going to be balanced nor fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    no one talked about pruning .,.. you can shit on WoD all youwan't but the majority if they talk about something good that WoD had going for it was that classes felt good why you come with fucking pruning idk but hey atleast u said something on the internet right?
    why u so aggresive? Pruning abilities and class design is correlated, isnt it?

Ill use full sentence now. Wod classes werent fun because pruning abilities made them clunky and boring. // its not true for every single spec and class ofc, because there are exceptions// I was playing hunter and warrior back then, arms with whirlwind as main ability(for majority of the expansion), and mm hunter were disaster to play(surv was nice on the other hand).

id love to see wotlk/cata/mop classes design

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The xpac after shadowlands may actually not increase lvl cap, not add anything.. Shadowlands may be the end

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    No, it needs to have good system and class and endgame design. Stop with this obsession with new classes and races. Good designs tramples all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, people have made this mistake over and over, but "new players" are not interested in mmos and stuff. Its a different generation and different tastes, they prefer battle royales and fast games. WoW needs to be design for veterans, its the only way to keep WoW alive.
    I'll add that I think most players just stick with what they used to play. How many DHs do you see? Maybe 10% at most? That's not only a lot of development effort to design and balance another class, but it's constant upkeep for everything in the future from balance to new armor sets. And people wonder why they stopped making class based armor...