Poll: Most suitable Azshara substitute

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Who would make the best Elf Queen Azshara mage character

So I want to make a character that looks and matches elven Queen Azshara vibe/appearance the best.

We don't really have anything for the extinct elves who had an empire a long time ago, but the closest we can get to it are the purple elves we have, namely Void elf female or Nightborne female.

Which do you think would come the closest with current character customisations? I'm finding it hard to match the hair on the void elf, but she has the figure for it, meanwhile the nightborne one is problematic with the face.

I'm also looking for a dress that comes closest. Anyone has any ideas?

I'm trying to get the warbringers Azshara look, the latest and most accurate rendition, so I'm ignoring all the old ones that were modelled on Tyrande

I'd say wait for the new Shadowlands night elf customizations and make a female night elf with the new dark bluish skin, gold eyes, and silver hair if you're going for as close to Azshara as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    I'd say wait for the new Shadowlands night elf customizations and make a female night elf with the new dark bluish skin, gold eyes, and silver hair if you're going for as close to Azshara as possible!
    Tbh, night elf doesnt fit the Azshara vibe, those elves are 10k years gone, the night elf is a forest elf, thick bushy eyebrows, mashed up faces, 4 packs, tough Tom boy look, no hairstyle really matches Azshara either, they dont really fit a high class elf, I tried them out, they are more pink than purple, it's really weird, but I found void elf and nightborne fitting that Warbri ger Azshara much better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Tbh, night elf doesnt fit the Azshara vibe, those elves are 10k years gone, the night elf is a forest elf, thick bushy eyebrows, mashed up faces, 4 packs, tough Tom boy look, no hairstyle really matches Azshara either, they dont really fit a high class elf, I tried them out, they are more pink than purple, it's really weird, but I found void elf and nightborne fitting that Warbri ger Azshara much better
    The original Highborne are still part of the Night elf people.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Night Elves or Nightborne.

Whichever has purple skin and golden eyes. The latter is crucial, so I'd say Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    This is as correct and objective a response as your going to get. You can test out all the current customization options on wowhead.com

What is this some sort of reverse highborne movement? Azshara is literally not a belf or a nightborne.

Why is Void Elf even an option? Azshara looked like a straight up Night Elf. Nightborne would also be the only other acceptable choice.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    The original Highborne are still part of the Night elf people.
    It's just like a few minor survivors, you cant play them anyway, because the rest of those night elves are extinct now, changed to other races. And the current ones changed into forest elves
    You can roll a forest elf mage though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    What is this some sort of reverse highborne movement? Azshara is literally not a belf or a nightborne.
    She is far closer to a void elf or nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Night Elves or Nightborne.

Whichever has purple skin and golden eyes. The latter is crucial, so I'd say Night Elf.
    Ah, the golden eyes, that's gonna be tough to do. But I was just not feeling the fit on the night elf femake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Why is Void Elf even an option? Azshara looked like a straight up Night Elf. Nightborne would also be the only other acceptable choice.
    Because the figure and vibe is much closer to Azshara, only issue is the ears, but I'm willing to ignore that. NElf female doesnt really work, I would say less than so than void elf or nightborne even with the ear/eye difference

She is far closer to a void elf or nightborne

Nani?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Nani?
    Right? lol

I'm modelling her after the Warbringers version, not that night elf un game model version.

Night elves arent blue or purple currently, they are pink, light brown, white or grey/black

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm modelling her after the Warbringers version, not that night elf un game model version.

Night elves arent blue or purple currently, they are pink, light brown, white or grey/black
    Don't let the lighting and style confuse you, Azshara from Warbringers is a Night Elf from top to bottom like her in-game version.

You can try to twist it as much as you like, if you don't make a Female Night Elf Mage, you ain't making Azshara. Just pick up one of the blue skin colors and silver-white hair. Use and abuse Shadowlands' new customizations to reach peak Azshara potential.

But if you make it a Blood / Void Elf or Nightborne, you are doing a disservice to the character.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously Nightborne because she is a Night Elf? But still Night Elf customizations will make Azshara roleplays possible.

I really don't understand why you included Nightborne and Void Elves, but not the actual Night Elf race she was.

Either I'm color blind, or Night Elves can be purple in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Don't let the lighting and style confuse you, Azshara from Warbringers is a Night Elf from top to bottom like her in-game version.

You can try to twist it as much as you like, if you don't make a Female Night Elf Mage, you ain't making Azshara. Just pick up one of the blue skin colors and silver-white hair. Use and abuse Shadowlands' new customizations to reach peak Azshara potential.

But if you make it a Blood / Void Elf or Nightborne, you are doing a disservice to the character.
    I love that statement, you could run a barber shop ad: Reach your peak Azshara potential - offering stylish new hair styles and ear orientation surgery to get your perfect look.
    @EnigmAddict - dude, what's this insatiable need to replace night elven Highborne? You literally going around every night elf post saying void elves replace night elves. They do not, just because they're purple. Night elves have their own lore and own characterisation. People who want to play Queen Azshara type models, Darth'remar the original, Xavius, Prince Farondis, Estulan, the Moon Guard or make their own Highborne or Moon Guard character have to play Night elves.

The Night elf fantasy is not limited to the forest elf, you've seen me say this many times, no race is limited to one fantasy. And the Highborne and Moon Guard fantasy is such an iconic part of night elf lore, and it's all night elven. You're not playing a Highborne when you pick up a void elf or blood elf, you're playing a Thalassian, a race that one group of Highborne turned into when they got exiled. You can't be the fabled Highborne or Moon Guard of old, or the new ones they are recruiting by playing a blood elf or Nightborne - wrong race.

You have to be a night elf. Want to play Highborne? Night elf is for you.

I'd suggest you go with either of the Darnassian elves, currently the best option is Nightborne, but the upcoming Nelf options have some great potential for a Highborne style character, nothing 1-1 with Azhara with either race but you can get close(probably because at least some elves did their best to imitate Azhara back in the day if Vashj is anything to go by)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Either I'm color blind, or Night Elves can be purple in-game.
    I just made one in the Shadowlands Dressing Room (wowhead) and I think I could select some cool blue / purple / gray shades. Nothing as blue as Azshara as far as I saw but it was enough to make a nice Highborne Mage instead of going for a Void Elf like OP wants.

Even made a gallery on imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Obviously Nightborne because she is a Night Elf? But still Night Elf customizations will make Azshara roleplays possible.

I really don't understand why you included Nightborne and Void Elves, but not the actual Night Elf race she was.
    He's got it in his head that void elves and Nightborne replace Highborne - it's a horde elf fan craze going on atm, they just can't get that pre-sundering night elf lore is Night elven, you don't get night elven appearance as Thalassian elves or Nightborne, you need a night elf for that. So if you want to play a pre-sundering ancient Highborne like Queen Azshara or a Moon Guard, those fabled arcane casters w ith all that lost knowledge, you have to role night elf.

They think that night elven fantasy is limited and fixed only to the forest, and literally deny the existence of night elves as anything that can function outside a forest. Welcome to fandom today, where actual facts and information don't matter, you can literally point out to a person how completely wrong they are, they'd completely ignore it in their next post, and people will agree with them.

then they will tell you that you have head canon - I mean there is a craziness gripping our population today where actual fact, information and truth are irrelevant, only what they feel matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf easy. Golden eyes and when all is said and done she WAS a Night Elf durrrrr...

Void Elf? That's like not related at all and Nightborne (aside from having whole 3 customization options that look like shit) don't have golden eyes which was the number one distinct feature of Azshara.