Thread: Far Cry 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Honestly, the entire Ubisoft Forward presentation was a little lack-luster. I would have been more interested in seeing game content that *wasn't* purely combat focused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Honestly, the entire Ubisoft Forward presentation was a little lack-luster. I would have been more interested in seeing game content that *wasn't* purely combat focused.
    Ubisoft is mostly action games. What I noticed that in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, they mentioned that you might get one sneak critical on an enemy if you went a different route. One. Now, isn't the point of Assassin's Creed...assassination? If I take the time to sneak up on the guy, I should be able to kill him in one stab. It isn't Seikiro. Combat should be reserved for if you fuck up, or for the nearby guards after you kill the main target.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Have to say that the facial animations on Giancarlo are really well done.
    Ubisoft really nailed it with Jon Bernthan in the terrible ghost recon. They sometimes pick some great people to act in their games and do their acting justice by with the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Ubisoft is mostly action games. What I noticed that in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, they mentioned that you might get one sneak critical on an enemy if you went a different route. One. Now, isn't the point of Assassin's Creed...assassination? If I take the time to sneak up on the guy, I should be able to kill him in one stab. It isn't Seikiro. Combat should be reserved for if you fuck up, or for the nearby guards after you kill the main target.
    That's fair. Still. What I remember most from Odyssey wasn't really the combat. It was the scenarios, the roleplay, the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    That's fair. Still. What I remember most from Odyssey wasn't really the combat. It was the scenarios, the roleplay, the story.
    From the look of things, Odyssey and Valhalla don't look like very bad historical action games. I just think they look like terrible Assassin's Creed games.

Loved Far Cry 3,4 and 5. Got a good gut feeling about 6.

What I love about the Far Cry series is that I always know what I'm gonna get. It's like buying a pizza, it's a solid bet that never surprises you or leaves you disappointed. It's a safe pick that you know will be worth your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Loved Far Cry 3,4 and 5. Got a good gut feeling about 6.

What I love about the Far Cry series is that I always know what I'm gonna get. It's like buying a pizza, it's a solid bet that never surprises you or leaves you disappointed. It's a safe pick that you know will be worth your money.
    I've only played the FC 5 pair and a bit of 4, that's good to hear. Is it worth it to go back and play some older ones? I remember putting down 4 because an entire fortress of armed rebels went on full guard because a predator bird was somewhere on the same mountain and it just shattered my immersion.

Far Cry 3 was good, but 4 is my favorite. I didn't like 5 at all. The worst thing I find with these games is how the creators give you these choices that seem like they're really big, momentous choices that really matter, and they don't. At all.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get a protag like FC3's because I really do hate the silence. New dawn was....boring but I do like the Sam Fisher easter egg, a post apcolyptic Sam Fisher sound's cool if they trying to share the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Far Cry 3 was good, but 4 is my favorite. I didn't like 5 at all. The worst thing I find with these games is how the creators give you these choices that seem like they're really big, momentous choices that really matter, and they don't. At all.
    I didn't really see 5 as a choice-oriented game, just an open world action game with some secret non-canon endings. I really didn't like how you couldn't avoid the capture squads, though. Nothing kills the power trip like getting shot with a drugged arrow in the cockpit of my armed chopper only for the bad guy to just taunt me instead of killing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only played the FC 5 pair and a bit of 4, that's good to hear. Is it worth it to go back and play some older ones? I remember putting down 4 because an entire fortress of armed rebels went on full guard because a predator bird was somewhere on the same mountain and it just shattered my immersion.
    FC3 was really good, I would say it was worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    FC3 was really good, I would say it was worth it.
    Just looked on PSN: Far Cry 3 Classic Edition and Far Cry 4 together for less than $10. Downloading now!

I didn't really see 5 as a choice-oriented game, just an open world action game with some secret non-canon endings. I really didn't like how you couldn't avoid the capture squads, though. Nothing kills the power trip like getting shot with a drugged arrow in the cockpit of my armed chopper only for the bad guy to just taunt me instead of killing me.
    Yeah, that was pretty stupid - the game just decides it's time to capture you and put you through an experience. But not to do you any real harm - just to mess with you.

What I meant by choices was the ones in 3 and 4 - especially 4. You're presented with about three or four choices during the game, but it really doesn't matter what you choose. It's nice that they gave us the option, but they needed to take it a bit further to really make it matter.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty stupid - the game just decides it's time to capture you and put you through an experience. But not to do you any real harm - just to mess with you.
    I'll argue that Jacob did some pretty serious harm to Rook, and it was one of the more iconic and important scenes in the story for me. Just a shame about how lame it starts. I don't get why they didn't start a story mission that just goes wrong, rather than automatically ripping you out of the open world. Faiths trips were ok, I'll believe them. You get exposed to Bliss a LOT in her zone. John's didn't need to happen AT ALL though. They exist only to give him some screen time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and while I'm complaining about the weaker points of Far Cry 5

Can we please, please PLEASE not have any multiplayer trophies in Far Cry 6? I would have loved to take the time to platinum 5, but muliplayer...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll argue that Jacob did some pretty serious harm to Rook, and it was one of the more iconic and important scenes in the story for me. Just a shame about how lame it starts. I don't get why they didn't start a story mission that just goes wrong, rather than automatically ripping you out of the open world. Faiths trips were ok, I'll believe them. You get exposed to Bliss a LOT in her zone. John's didn't need to happen AT ALL though. They exist only to give him some screen time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and while I'm complaining about the weaker points of Far Cry 5

Can we please, please PLEASE not have any multiplayer trophies in Far Cry 6? I would have loved to take the time to platinum 5, but muliplayer...
    New Dawn was....strange but I did enjoy that Sam Fisher easter egg.

If you didn't enjoy 4 for the immersion breaking, 3 won't be up your alley either. It has been too long since I played 1 and 2 so I don't know if I would recommend them. I just remember 2 being a walking simulator across a desert essentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 was OK but nothing to write home about. Loved the bear companion and apocalyptic setting but it was a slog to go through.

I really hope they top 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people will say the third is the best in the series. For me, it's 3 >> 2 > 1 > 5 > Primal > 4.