Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustykeyboard View Post
    i really wonder how many of people commenting here actually does over 10+ keys.

- - - Updated - - -

when it comes to reward from m+, u should get 1 extra item 100% if u 3 chest it and 50% if u 2 chest it.
    No you shouldn't.

M+ has been far, far too rewarding since its introduction. A spammable feature should not drop better loot (at least in terms of ilvl) than heroic raids do on a weekly lockout. Nor should it drop multiple guaranteed pieces per run.

1 loot per run is a nice first step. Item level needs to come down as well, there is no reason it should exceed heroic raid loot. At best it should be the same ilvl as heroic raid loot with the weekly box matching mythic raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    No you shouldn't.

M+ has been far, far too rewarding since its introduction. A spammable feature should not drop better loot (at least in terms of ilvl) than heroic raids do on a weekly lockout. Nor should it drop multiple guaranteed pieces per run.

1 loot per run is a nice first step. Item level needs to come down as well, there is no reason it should exceed heroic raid loot. At best it should be the same ilvl as heroic raid loot with the weekly box matching mythic raids.
    It is the same ilvl as Heroic raid loot, at 15+

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on this expansion. 1 piece of loot per group? Miss me on that. That's like saying "Okay you five take a run down this street. There's a 20% chance you're not going to get hit by a car."

Screw that I just won't run.
    So you would run down the street if there was a 60% chance not to be hit?

So people complains that gears are too much in mythic+ in bfa then people now complains it's one piece gear per run in shadowlands? What the fuck more do you want...? Mythic+ in bfa defeat purpose to raid and is way way too easy to gears up alts then you gonna be worrying about your own personal time attack for mythic+ in higher keys..? What the fuck more do you guys want? Ion would be like " We knew you won't like this solution so eat our shits and enjoy it!"

Overall, I have to agree this is a good change.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-07-29 at 01:27 AM.

M+ in legion = A+
    M+ in bfa = F-

Just scrap it all or make the rewards cosmetic only. Let the gear cry babies cry it out.

No one cared about the loot at the end of the run, cause it's lower ILVL, people want the weekly loot. and that hasn't changed, so IDC about this personally

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yep, it sure is a shame the loot drops from m+ are now more equivalent to a raid of 20-30 people. Damn shame it’s closer to actually being equal now. Yep, a true damn shame.
    Your sarcasm, it's noted. I don't care about parity between raids and M+. What I don't care for is having dry spells where no loot drops for me. It already happens now, but if that is going to become more common, I'm out. I don't like feeling like I just did a dungeon for absolutely nothing. One of the many reasons I HATE raids.

Honestly it doesn't make sense at all, They should be reducing the iLvl and not the amount that drops.

All this does is make people run more dungeons
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Your sarcasm, it's noted. I don't care about parity between raids and M+. What I don't care for is having dry spells where no loot drops for me. It already happens now, but if that is going to become more common, I'm out. I don't like feeling like I just did a dungeon for absolutely nothing. One of the many reasons I HATE raids.
    Thing is, m+ was originally stated to be an alternative to raiding. For the xpacs it’s been around it’s borderline better than raiding in terms of gearing and time/effort. I, for one, don’t mind this change as it makes them more equal. I feel for the people who don’t like this change, but as it has been unequal since m+ started and it’s more equal now, I don’t feel for them too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Honestly it doesn't make sense at all, They should be reducing the iLvl and not the amount that drops.

All this does is make people run more dungeons
    Or, it will make them run less. Some people, like me, won’t feel it necessary to chain run the same dungeon(s) for specific pieces of gear since a chance at it is even lower.
    What it will do is promote more class/armor stacking.

They don’t need to be comparable to raiding, raids should remain the premier way to get gear in WoW.

Besides, they improved the way the weekly mythic+ chest works for the better so overall you’ll still gear faster than you do in retail bfa m+ currently because you can more easily target pieces

7+ Year Old Account
    After reading through most of this thread, off and on, I can't help wondering:
    Do more people stop playing a game because there are less rewards or do more people stop playing a game because there are too many rewards.

Personally, I primarily play the game for its various challenges. However, I do want to see an appropriate amount of rewards for my time.

Between covenants and this loot change, think I'll find something else to do for awhile rather than play Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    They don’t need to be comparable to raiding, raids should remain the premier way to get gear in WoW.

Besides, they improved the way the weekly mythic+ chest works for the better so overall you’ll still gear faster than you do in retail bfa m+ currently because you can more easily target pieces
    Exactly dude. That's the thing people make it too big a deal over 465 pieces , when there's so many guys with 480+ overall ilvl. Just the weekly pve and pvp chest give me a chance to get potential upgrades because im on a low pop server and there isnt a single guild above 4/12 mythic which i pug anyway. A lot of people that i know just push for score and that weekly chest thats it. We scrap or d/e all of the random 465 pieces... Wouldnt matter if the m+s dropped twice as much loot as it does now, all that means is twice the amount that will get scrapped.

just do your +15 for the week and be done

with no titanforge, warforge, corruption, azurite gear it would be just too quick to gear up in full heroic ilvl from m+ if it stays like in bfa
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-07-29 at 11:21 AM.

There should be a "loot" M+ and a "push" M+

When you insert your key, there should be a BUTTON beside it that says "standard"
    - if you DO NOT push it, it's the same M+ system as no, single piece in the box at the end of the dungeon. You can push whenever you want.

But, if you DO push this button, then the M+ dungeon will be UN-TIMED, and you get loot from all bosses just like in M0, for your group composition, PL galore.
    Everyone gets a popup "do you want your +10 key to be standard?" after the leader puts the key in and presses the standard button.

Ofc, if someone is saved (in M0 or +2-15 standard for that dungeon for the week), the button is not pushable.

You can do this with every dungeon with a weekly lockout.
    To be "fair" with raiders, the loot ilvl should be one category lower:
    M10 - 465 weekly, 455 end of dungeon
    -> M10 standard - 465 weekly, 450 dungeon loot

M15 - 475 weekly, 465 end of dungeon
    -> M15 standard - 475 weekly, 460 end of dungeon

Edit: some clarifications
    Last edited by Orwell7; 2020-07-29 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    There should be a "loot" M+ and a "push" M+

When you insert your key, there should be a BUTTON beside it that says "standard"
    - if you DO NOT push it, it's the same M+ system as no, single piece in the box at the end of the dungeon. You can push whenever you want.

But, if you DO push this button, then the M+ dungeon will be UN-TIMED, and you get loot from all bosses just like in M0, for your group composition, PL galore.
    Everyone gets a popup "do you want your +10 key to be standard?" after the leader puts the key in and presses the standard button.

Ofc, if someone is saved (in M0 or +2-15 standard for that dungeon for the week), the button is not pushable.

You can do this with every dungeon with a weekly lockout.
    To be "fair" with raiders, the loot ilvl should be one category lower:
    M10 - 465 weekly, 455 end of dungeon
    -> M10 standard - 465 weekly, 450 dungeon loot

M15 - 475 weekly, 465 end of dungeon
    -> M15 standard - 475 weekly, 460 end of dungeon

Edit: some clarifications
    For a mythic raider that would allow a lot more loot than today due to each dungeon having a lockout. So instead of 1 weekly M+15 to get the weekly chest with 475 you would have to do every dungeon on M+15 until you have BIS gear. Personally I would like this, since I have a lot of time to play. But we have several people in the guild with families etc that would fall even further behind in the power curve than they are today due to not enough time left to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Mythic+ in bfa defeat purpose to raid and is way way too easy to gears up alts
    I never understood that sentiment. Yeah MMO-C ist the place where everyone parses 99% and does +25 without voice communication... but in reality +11 which starts dropping 460 loot is pretty much the same difficulty as heroic raiding. You need to do +14 to start getting 465 which is a sizable step up in difficulty for the average heroic raider. I thought we all wanted better loot for harder content?

Anyone who can do +14 and higher has the general ability to go mythic raiding. And when you do the 465 from it means nothing to you. Again, M+ is inferior to raiding, how would it be defeated by it.

Weekly chest giving 10 ilvl more than regular drop might be a bit too high, but that is 1 piece a week and many people wait weeks for an upgrade because they get 3 wrists in a row.

Players who only do mythic+ instead of raiding mythic wouldn't have raided mythic anyway if mythic+ didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thank fuck you're not in charge. Jesus dude, just because you hate instanced content doesn't mean everybody should wallow in your self-inflicted misery.
    you inflict misery upon yourself by playing this game still lmao.. on the topic though if there were a lot of dungeons in the game like there were in TBC daily reset wouldn't be an issue and if they were as long as TBC dungeons that would make it so actually completing all 15 in a day would've been pretty tough at least initially. On the other hand in TBC you had a chance to get a piece of loot from each boss, so it wasn't as restrictive, but at the same time that wasn't your best in slot loot and obviously there was no M+ chest etc.

restricting the amount of loot is a great change.. there's too much loot in the game, they should restrict it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    you inflict misery upon yourself by playing this game still lmao..
    Imagine taking time out of your day to log into a fan run forum for a video game and share the super fucking hot take that the video game sucks. How exactly does one get to be so fucking brave?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Imagine taking time out of your day to log into a fan run forum for a video game and share the super fucking hot take that the video game sucks. How exactly does one get to be so fucking brave?
    what's wrong with that?

also love how that was the only thing you quoted from my post

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I never understood that sentiment. Yeah MMO-C ist the place where everyone parses 99% and does +25 without voice communication... but in reality +11 which starts dropping 460 loot is pretty much the same difficulty as heroic raiding. You need to do +14 to start getting 465 which is a sizable step up in difficulty for the average heroic raider. I thought we all wanted better loot for harder content?
    I think the problem is that mythic raiding is locked for PUGs for months until enough guilds have done it. A lot of the playerbase is pugging raids and dungeons. And if there is absolutely no way to pug the first few bosses on mythic then the best ilvl you can get is from the weekly chest. This devalues raiding. People can't go into mythic raids because maybe their server situation doesn't allow it and they don't feel like heroic raiding because the ilvl there is so low.