Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Doom Eternal - No demons?!?!

At long last, I purchased Doom Eternal, ready to rip and tear some demons, I enter the first room...

and there's no demons.

I checked to make sure I'm not a moron that can't operate doors (that has happened), and yeah, there's supposed to be 3 demons that you kill and the trigger to open the next room happens. But no demons.

The stupid account they forced me to make to play this game isn't verified, so maybe that's it? I try to follow the verification link....Bethesda's website is broken. I click the help link, that's broken too.

What the H-E-L-L is going on?

If I need to refund the game I bought a new computer for, non-demonic heads will roll. I've never been this quickly disappointed by a game in my entire life.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-07-02 at 04:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a fresh game, just start another fresh game? It's not like you're loosing a lot of progress.

I also own the game but didn't encounter what you describe.

They're all hiding, scared shitless.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get it from lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    If it's a fresh game, just start another fresh game? It's not like you're loosing a lot of progress.

I also own the game but didn't encounter what you describe.
    I've done that 3 times now. It finally let me make/verify the account today, but nothing changed, same bug. This is so stupid. I might try reinstalling the entire game but it's a big game, that takes hours.

Now it's saying the account that I just made is "incorrect". Losing my damn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Where did you get it from lol
    Steam.

Reinstalling it from scratch now.

Reinstalled from scratch. Save files still there for some reason, attempted to delete them on the assumption they were corrupted, but whoopsie, if you try to delete a save file, THE GAME CRASHES!!!!

This is the biggest BS I've ever seen. I waited for a sale specifically to dodge first-day bugs. It's increasingly looking like the only way to play this damned game as intended would be to refund it and go PIRATE IT!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/commen...elp_me_please/

Someone had the exact same problem but their problems might as well not be in english. I've never even plugged a controller into this thing, and my attempts of plugging one in and """"toggling the settings""" (what the hell does that mean? there's so many settings!!) have not changed either issue.

edit: Apparent success by having the controller plugged in and starting the level with the controller. Starting the level with the keyboard while the controller was plugged in still broke the game. Friggin' weird. We'll see if this lets me play the full game or if more goes wrong.

edit2: No issues yet. For future scholars who encounter the same oddly specific bug, it's a USB xbox controller. Same one I used on my prior PC for Hollow Knight.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-07-03 at 08:29 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    edit: Apparent success by having the controller plugged in and starting the level with the controller. Starting the level with the keyboard while the controller was plugged in still broke the game. Friggin' weird. We'll see if this lets me play the full game or if more goes wrong.
    While this was not a pleasant experience for you, especially right after spending money, a program behaving in a totally wierd way and going bonkers do make me smile.
    P.S.
    Honestly, had not even heard of Eternal behaving in this way. My playthrough was done straight after release, so the patches might have introduced new bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    While this was not a pleasant experience for you, especially right after spending money, a program behaving in a totally wierd way and going bonkers do make me smile.
    P.S.
    Honestly, had not even heard of Eternal behaving in this way. My playthrough was done straight after release, so the patches might have introduced new bugs.
    Newest bug! Seemingly repeatably, once I activate and listen to the Slayer research log #1, the game crashes. I had assumed the crashing was initially my graphics settings and turned them down while watching my PC heat on my "AMD Ryzen Master" thing, but it crashed again at the exact same moment. Really hoping I can just skip this collectible and keep progressing, but this is the weirdest, most arbitrary set of game-breaking bugs I've ever seen.

At long last, I purchased Doom Eternal, ready to rip and tear some demons, I enter the first room...

and there's no demons.

I checked to make sure I'm not a moron that can't operate doors (that has happened), and yeah, there's supposed to be 3 demons that you kill and the trigger to open the next room happens. But no demons.

The stupid account they forced me to make to play this game isn't verified, so maybe that's it? I try to follow the verification link....Bethesda's website is broken. I click the help link, that's broken too.

What the H-E-L-L is going on?

If I need to refund the game I bought a new computer for, non-demonic heads will roll. I've never been this quickly disappointed by a game in my entire life.
    if you think youre disappointed by the game without enemies, wait until you play it with enemies.

Newest bug! Seemingly repeatably, once I activate and listen to the Slayer research log #1, the game crashes. I had assumed the crashing was initially my graphics settings and turned them down while watching my PC heat on my "AMD Ryzen Master" thing, but it crashed again at the exact same moment. Really hoping I can just skip this collectible and keep progressing, but this is the weirdest, most arbitrary set of game-breaking bugs I've ever seen.
    What the hell have you done to this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to solve this bug quickly, because The Longer The Icon of Sin Is on Earth, The Stronger It Will Become.

You have to solve this bug quickly, because The Longer The Icon of Sin Is on Earth, The Stronger It Will Become.
    Goddamn it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

1. Bought game from Steam.

2. Beat game twice on different difficulties.

3. Never experienced even the slightest issue with the game or gameplay.

4. 10/10 think OP broke his own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What the hell have you done to this game.
    From my experi- I mean, what I've been told, not even removing Denuvo causes anything remotely similar to what OP is describing.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    How is linking your thread Any help what so ever to the OP? Sure, he can go through 3000 pages to see if he encounters something as unique as what he / she describes or, bear with me Sage, he can " just ask "

Shocking I know. People asking questions.

To the OP: Complete reinstall on a different HD could solve it. Try running it with administrator rights. Are mods a thing? Since you have it new, I assume you dont have any running.
    Run it at the lowest graphics to see if that makes any difference. The crash you are revering to has happened to me on certain parts of the game as well. Strangely not with the log you describe but with entering certain areas. It just crashes. Trial and error eventually allowed me to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danion View Post
    How is linking your thread Any help what so ever to the OP? Sure, he can go through 3000 pages to see if he encounters something as unique as what he / she describes or, bear with me Sage, he can " just ask "

Shocking I know. People asking questions.

To the OP: Complete reinstall on a different HD could solve it. Try running it with administrator rights. Are mods a thing? Since you have it new, I assume you dont have any running.
    Run it at the lowest graphics to see if that makes any difference. The crash you are revering to has happened to me on certain parts of the game as well. Strangely not with the log you describe but with entering certain areas. It just crashes. Trial and error eventually allowed me to continue.
    That is the whole point of mega threads or else the Video game forum will be a disorganized mess every time a new game comes out. Better off just asking there.

I've spent as long fighting bugs as I have fighting demons in this game so far, it's exhausting, but the unrelenting forces of hell must be slain.

(and yes, skipping that very specific set of collectibles did in fact let me complete the level. Still starting the game every time with the controller. Time will tell if something else crops up...)

You play with a controller? A FPS with a controller?

Never ever would I...

How is it connected? I have a Xbox controller for the Witcher and some other games and I have had numerous errors in games because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    That is the whole point of mega threads or else the Video game forum will be a disorganized mess every time a new game comes out. Better off just asking there.
    Megathreads are disorganized mess
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Fun fun stuff, but technically not game breaking, rebinding keys is broken! You click the option you want to rebind, say, the BFG to T where it was in 2016, only to find that, in that single click, it has instead rebound that key to left click! Whoops, you can't fire your gun now.

I can't just hover my mouse over it and then hit the key I want to change, so the only solution is to violently spam left mouse and the key I want to rebind it to around 50 times until it works.

It's a good thing I got this working before the final boss battle, because The Longer The Icon of Sin Is on Earth, The Stronger It Will Become.