Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Attempting the 100 Rep grind ruined WoW for me.

I tried something crazy when I was only around 20 exalted reps.

First of all, I love Tabards. I figured it would be awesome to get every tabard in the wardrobe tab! Well I realized lots of them were tied to rep.

Then I thought, how cool would it be to get all reps to exalted.

I’m sitting at 61 exalted, and to say it has burned me out is a huge understatement. The sad thing is, I had just bought a brand new desktop and laptop preparing for shadowlands. I’ve tried to stop doing the rep grind t but my OCD kicks in, and when I start something I don’t like “not” finishing it. It’s getting rough. Especially when I’d rather be grinding out heritage armor and stuff...

The 100 rep reward isn't meant to be a grind, it is just a reward for those who have been playing the game for a long time.

Since MoP at least, the reputations haven't needed a grind - just patience whilst playing that content.

Trying to squeeze 15 years of content into a single feat is a little silly IMO.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Slow and steady wins the race. Take a break from it and do something else for a while. Those reps will still be there for round 2. Don't be a slave to your OCD. Own your actions and make a choice. Letting weakness ruin something you enjoy is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The 100 rep reward isn't meant to be a grind, it is just a reward for those who have been playing the game for a long time.

Since MoP at least, the reputations haven't needed a grind - just patience whilst playing that content.

Exactly this.

You've done well to get to 61 factions! If memory serves, there's a total of 106 available in the game right now (+2 that were removed). There's no rush to hit the final milestone - just play sensibly & you can catch up over a period of months/even years.

I still need quite a few world boss mounts, but instead of killing them all on every character weekly which would require a lot of time & movement, I just park every single alt at one spawn & kill that one with every character until it drops before moving onto the next one. Is it the ideal way to mount farm? Absolutely not, but it's incredibly laid back & doesn't burn me out at all.

As someone who burned themself out hard going for achievement points at the end of Cataclysm (bloody archaeology), I suggest just taking it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    You've done well to get to 61 factions! If memory serves, there's a total of 106 available in the game right now (+2 that were removed). There's no rush to hit the final milestone - just play sensibly & you can catch up over a period of months/even years.
    I've got 103 a exalted out of 112 I've encountered - I never got the Ravenhalt or Shandralar ones - but did get the ZG rep in time.

The complications of course are things like Scryer/Aldor and Frenzy/Oracles where you can only have one at a time.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warzog21 View Post

First of all, I love Tabards. I figured it would be awesome to get every tabard in the wardrobe tab! Well I realized lots of them were tied to rep.

I’m sitting at 61 exalted, and to say it has burned me out is a huge understatement. The sad thing is, I had just bought a brand new desktop and laptop preparing for shadowlands. I’ve tried to stop doing the rep grind t but my OCD kicks in, and when I start something I don’t like “not” finishing it. It’s getting rough. Especially when I’d rather be grinding out heritage armor and stuff...
    In the words of a pandaren....

"Slow down, life is to be savored."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I've got 103 a exalted out of 112 I've encountered - I never got the Ravenhalt or Shandralar ones - but did get the ZG rep in time.

The complications of course are things like Scryer/Aldor and Frenzy/Oracles where you can only have one at a time.
    I'm at 107 with ZG & Shendralar, but I miss Bloodsail exalted as I only got it high enough to do the Insane. Sod getting it to exalted then grinding the Goblin rep back again

Quote Originally Posted by Warzog21 View Post

From someone who has almost all the reps exalted minus probably about 3-4 that are available still. The goal isn't to look at is as a grind. Look at it as something you work on slowly. A lot of the reps you can get passively, easily without much thought or effort.

• Reps from Classic to WoD you can get Rep tokens when Timewalking is up an funnel them to one too.
    • Classic major cities have the tabards you can run dungeons with
    • TBC / Wrath dungeons give specific reps and you can combo these with tabards. For instance, you could run Shattered Halls and get rep for your Hellfire faction (different for Alliance/Horde) and wear say a Orgrimmar tabard. This way you get 2 reps for the price of 1 run.
      • Certain instances are faster for this like Botanica gives a ton for the amount of time you are there
    • MoP factions once you hit revered have an item you can get 100% boost from and this cuts down on things
    • While in Pandaria, you can farm the warbringers as well and they drop rep tokens.
    • WoD has the Medallions where you can get 1,000 rep for all factions and can be gotten from the 4 bosses in Tanaan Jungle or AH
    • Legion has rep tokens from the mission table

Other than those main things, the only other you can do is do the dailies. If you start to get bored of them then stop and doing something else for awhile and then come back to it.

why focus all the reps at once. I just came back a little bit ago and jumped on that mount / transmog train. Funny, I farmed some warfront mounts for months when they first came out and no luck. Came back and got skullripper / Kaldorei Nightsaber all within 12 hours. But in the mean time while i play catch up and such. I have some alts parked at the Netherwing rep for the dragons ( takes about 2 weeks from what i understand to get it done ) and I have an alt parked at the argent tournament to get all the mounts / transmogs there. idk if you are just focusing 1 down at a time or multiple. That would be a lot. But i think just enjoying the game and grinding one at a time youll be there.

Sick mount reward if you do get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow down and take it easy.

I have more than 100 exalted reputations, including Zandalari, Ravenholdt (and all other Insane requirements) and old-school Wintersabers. I love getting to exalted with stuff, but if you don't do it step by step, you start to hate it.

how to grind most non current reps 101:

-do 1 timewalking dungeon on all your alts, turn in the 500 token quest.
    -buy rep tokens for timewalking tokens, mail them to your main.
    -use the rep tokens when the darkmoon faire rep buff is available.

This right here.

Yep. This just happened over a period of time from just playing all the expacs.

And.....who cares

The game will absolutely suck for anyone new to the game if you're after Achievements and Collectibles... where as those that have covered them expansion by expansion wouldn't have an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borgmore View Post
    And.....who cares
    You apparently, since you clicked on the thread... otherwise why'd you check it out, never mind spent the effort responding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh just looked at it, at 98/100 at the moment, didn't even realise :S Well that's any easy mount i didn't know about.

100 exalted reps was a hard grind pre-8.2. After the factions from 8.2 and 8.3 appeared in the game, you no longer need to have any overly challenging / annoying reputations done to reach the goal. Just take it easy and do it on and off in a free time during patches.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am at 97, squeezed in Brood of Nozdormu just recently. Since I dislike pvp, there is no way I get any of those factions, so I just wait for SL with this.
    I have this suspicion that there may not be any reputations in SL. Just renown.

In addition - for the PvP ones, wait for the PvP Brawls - that's PvP for PvErs ... you play against NPC teams. I got my AB to exalted that way.

In addition - for the PvP ones, wait for the PvP Brawls - that's PvP for PvErs ... you play against NPC teams. I got my AB to exalted that way.
    Only AB has the NPC brawl. WSG rep is easy if you do the brawl that has 10 caps per team, you get 100 rep per cap and even the worst games you get a couple caps and up to 1000 rep if you get a good team that wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    you get 100 rep per cap and even the worst games you get a couple caps and up to 1000 rep if you get a good team that wins.
    Can't remember the last time I won WSG ... I think I have a 1 in 100 WSG victory rate.