Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonBear13 View Post
    From what I've heard (haven't verified) they aren't consistently superior to leveling gear stat-wise. Do you think making their stats consistently better would be sufficient?
    If you are able to, at every level, have the best possible blue dungeon gear, then yeah, heirlooms won't win over. They're better than a majority of quest gear, however, and the experience and the fact they constantly scale with every level you gain makes them valuable. If you don't want the experience boosts, then just use leveling gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    This would be the best course. Well I didn't spend much I know someone who spent hundreds of thousands upgrading them for their alts.
    I spent A LOT of gold upgrading my heirlooms. I'm absolutely livid with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A lot of people spent gold on them. They were meant to assist with leveling, but how can we judge how much someone should get? Base it on how many max ilvl heirlooms they had?
    Or..get this, give them the gold. Period, done. Who cares if someone you don't know gets gold back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I spent A LOT of gold upgrading my heirlooms. I'm absolutely livid with this change.
    Yeah, It's pretty ridiculous they would do this just to slow people down and keep level boost relevant. I feel bad for you and my friend spent like 400k+.

I would like to see peoples reactions to removing the AH from the Bruto mount.

What about an increase to % gold collected? From quests to loot. Would give a reason for people to use them at max level too for gold farming. Amounts to 55% increase in gold gains just if you used the same % for xp currently. As someone who's spent a lot of gold upgrading heirlooms, I wouldn't be mad at it.

Or..get this, give them the gold. Period, done. Who cares if someone you don't know gets gold back?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, It's pretty ridiculous they would do this just to slow people down and keep level boost relevant. I feel bad for you and my friend spent like 400k+.

I would like to see peoples reactions to removing the AH from the Bruto mount.
    I don't know exactly how much I've spent over the year but it's a lot. I have literally every single heirloom in the game except all the SoO weapons and rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vdub4133 View Post
    What about an increase to % gold collected? From quests to loot. Would give a reason for people to use them at max level too for gold farming. Amounts to 55% increase in gold gains just if you used the same % for xp currently. As someone who's spent a lot of gold upgrading heirlooms, I wouldn't be mad at it.
    I still think it misses the point. They should then refund and let people purchase those heirlooms if they want. People bought the upgrades for leveling speed, not gold. I think it would be nice too but I am not representing everyone who bought them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't know exactly how much I've spent over the year but it's a lot. I have literally every single heirloom in the game except all the SoO weapons and rings.
    My brother did some math and it's 711,700 gold to upgrade every heirloom. So I feel your pain, I upgraded a bunch but not nearly as much. It's ridiculous and for some reason people are defending it? It's so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vdub4133 View Post
    So... you want to make heirlooms useful for bots?

I still think it misses the point. They should then refund and let people purchase those heirlooms if they want. People bought the upgrades for leveling speed, not gold. I think it would be nice too but I am not representing everyone who bought them.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother did some math and it's 711,700 gold to upgrade every heirloom. So I feel your pain, I upgraded a bunch but not nearly as much. It's ridiculous and for some reason people are defending it? It's so stupid.
    Anyone defending it are literally people who didn't spend gold to upgrade the heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    They need to return the gold to those that want it returned.
    Completely agreed.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade stats significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Its not baked in, but you know you could just apply that stuff now, and heck, pass the heirlooms to another toon later. I always thought that was the best part of heirlooms now, exp bonus being the second.

Just give me heirloom boots and I'll apply my own minor speed boost.
    but if they are baked in, it means you would also be able to enchant them....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Well they could give them a 10k a Gold Vendor price...

Failing that, things like Movement speed, health mana or stat buff on kill. Or just buff them ensure the ilvl scaling is worth wearing them, which in BFA it wasn’t... iirc a 280 Azerite piece (which we got quite early on) was ~100ilvls higher than Herilooms in the early level (110-115ish).

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    So... you want to make heirlooms useful for bots?
    I mean, bots still exist and manipulate the game and find ways to expedite gold making at it's current state. Technically one could argue heirlooms are already an advantage for bots? What's wrong with giving the players an advantage if they've paid for it. Heirlooms by no means are BiS at any point after level ~15 and if Shadowlands is really going to take 10 to 20 hours for an experienced player to level to max then a gold % bonus is the only true answer without refunding gold and removing the heirloom system completely. I don't need movement speed bonus or professions increases, and reputation means nothing unless its endgame content or you're and achievement hunter. Gold on the other hand, is the most useful resource in the game. Investing gold in heirlooms to increase gold accumulation makes sense and is rewarding down the line, just like investing in xp bonuses.

Aside from the level between expansions, your standard 5 man blue drop is sometimes maybe 2 ilvls ahead of your heirloom in every instance where I got loot or opened the loot bag from the random. This is roughly 1 extra main stat (str, int, dex) and ironically, nearly every instance, the heirloom still had way more secondary stats. In less then 1 hour, you will out level it so it will be weaker then your heirloom. Hell, Ive gone 8-10 levels without getting a damn belt at times. Toss in the fact, that should you drop something crazy like Mark of the Satyr on the neck, or an armor enchantment on the legs, or a max weapon enchant, well, then you would be hard pressed to get a drop that is better then what you have until you out level your heirloom.

Unless I'm missing something, some of you complaining about the stats have no idea your really using.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see non-combat bonuses on gear and cool, non-intrusive procs on weapons.

For example: helm grants +5% gold form quests, hands +50% mount cast speed, legs + 10% run speed.

And for weapons: depending on the item something like a fireball once every min, or a chance to reflect damage. Or a change to reflect a fireball! Something that's a minor damage boost, unique to each item, maybe tailored to the classes that'll use it, and one that won't overpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I guess I'll be the "stupid" person and defend this.

Shadowlands is going to be significantly reducing the amount of time required to level to max level from level 1. When heirlooms were first conceived, it took much more time to level to cap. The experience gain bonus on heirlooms, in this case, made sense then.

Shadowlands though is significantly reducing the amount of time it takes to level to cap, so removing the XP bonuses honestly makes sense. We still haven't seen the bonuses they plan on using, they could have just as much utility than just a boring XP bonus.

I'm someone who's put in a ton of gold on their heirlooms as well, and I'll tell you I've gotten plenty of utility out of them already. Is it sad the XP bonus is going away? Probably. Is it the end of the world? No. Should blizzard refund your gold for something you've been using up to his point and getting utility out of? I don't think they should, and this is coming from someone who's laid hundreds of thousands of gold into their heirlooms.

Honestly, I just want to see a simplification of the upgrade system when it comes to heirlooms. It was nice when it was changed so applying a 120 armor token could upgrade a heirloom currently for level 60, however I think more could be done here.

TL;DR - Yes removing the XP sucks but its kinda necessary, otherwise an already fast leveling experience in Shadowlands will become stupidly fast. We should just wait and see what Blizzard replaces the XP bonus with before grabbing our pitchforks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cigawoot View Post

Shadowlands is going to be significantly reducing the amount of time required to level to max level from level 1. When heirlooms were first conceived, it took much more time to level to cap. The experience gain bonus on heirlooms, in this case, made sense then.

Shadowlands though is significantly reducing the amount of time it takes to level to cap, so removing the XP bonuses honestly makes sense. We still haven't seen the bonuses they plan on using, they could have just as much utility than just a boring XP bonus.

I'm someone who's put in a ton of gold on their heirlooms as well, and I'll tell you I've gotten plenty of utility out of them already. Is it sad the XP bonus is going away? Probably. Is it the end of the world? No. Should blizzard refund your gold for something you've been using up to his point and getting utility out of? I don't think they should, and this is coming from someone who's laid hundreds of thousands of gold into their heirlooms.

Honestly, I just want to see a simplification of the upgrade system when it comes to heirlooms. It was nice when it was changed so applying a 120 armor token could upgrade a heirloom currently for level 60, however I think more could be done here.

TL;DR - Yes removing the XP sucks but its kinda necessary, otherwise an already fast leveling experience in Shadowlands will become stupidly fast. We should just wait and see what Blizzard replaces the XP bonus with before grabbing our pitchforks.
    Or, return the gold and let players decide if they want to rebuy them after the change.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Since they told us this. They should had AT LEAST quit selling the upgrade tokens. Sell the items at base price fully upgraded to 120, since it will change in 9.0 anyways. Less of a headache down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by cigawoot View Post

Yes, they are doing this purely to sell more boosts since it will slow people down. Regardless, I don't even care about the XP going away but people deserve their gold back. I can guarantee people bought up a ton of upgrades for alts in preparation for Shadowlands and now they're screwed out of the bonus they paid for.

Refund the gold, let people buy them back if the upgrades are worth it.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably the tertiary stats like Speed and Avoidance.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!