Question What month is it worth to resubscribe to wow for 1 month to check out the last patch?

This month? Or the next one? I just wanna see the latest raids in LFR, do some main questlines to get a overview how blizzard ruins the integrity of the lore even further, do the pre expansion event and that kind of stuff. I got BFA for free from classic wow many months ago so i guess i might as well check out the rest.

Probably whenever you feel like it at present. I can't imagine anything is going to change between now and 9.0, which we don't really know when will hit, but probably within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Probably whenever you feel like it at present. I can't imagine anything is going to change between now and 9.0, which we don't really know when will hit, but probably within a few months.
    So no big pre expansion event like scourge invasion or anything fun like that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    This month? Or the next one? I just wanna see the latest raids in LFR, do some main questlines to get a overview how blizzard ruins the integrity of the lore even further, do the pre expansion event and that kind of stuff. I got BFA for free from classic wow many months ago so i guess i might as well check out the rest.
    Now would probably be the best time. Players are two and half cycles deep into their corruption builds and content carries are being done with absurd ease. Pre-exp event wont be on the horizon any time soon, but it will likely revolve around beating back Scourge incursions since they'll be rendered feral by the destruction of the Helm of Domination. Pre-exp will also canonize N'Zoth's demise and remove all corruptions from the game
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2020-07-20 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

No date on the pre-expansion scourge invasions yet i dont think? Also if I were you, i'd just pretend BFA never happened, watch a lore video from one of the many on youtube and wait till SL. BFA isn't worth the hours wasted.

Any event would come in with 9.0 just as in the past.

The ideal time was probably a few months back during the double rep buff.

It's a shame that's gone, because it made the rep grind for flying passable.

Honestly, I'd just live chat with customer service and ask if you can get a week or so of gametime to try out the new content and see if it's worth subscribing. If it is, do so and show your support for the game. If it's not, no harm in trying it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That always comes 1 month before the expansion is released. Since we don't actually know when that is, no one can give you a timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

I got BFA for free from classic wow many months ago so i guess i might as well check out the rest.
    How exactly did you get BFA from classic wow? That's the strangest thing i've heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    That always comes 1 month before the expansion is released. Since we don't actually know when that is, no one can give you a timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly did you get BFA from classic wow? That's the strangest thing i've heard in a while.
    I traded gold between retail and classic. I do the same with runescape.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're looking to do the pre-patch event, that typically comes 4-6 weeks before the expansion launch. We don't know when that is yet.

Horde storyline is garbage unless you are a fan of simpvanas and her slaveboy.
    Zandalar trolls got some fun characters.

Alliance story is... meh, mediocre i guess.
    Some nice bits during leveling but after that is a dung heap.

now if you want in on the pre-patch.
    it'll take a month or so to gear up, some more time to get with a guild if you don't have one, and a bit left for finishing any legacy content grinds you want for cosmetics or gold earning proffs.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Scourge invasion will come with prepatch which I personally think will arrive early October. I reckon resub now or at start of Aug, do the 6month sub and you get a free mount and that will give you 3 months of BfA and 3 months of Shadowlands

There will be a prepatch event but you'll never get a scourge invasion again. It was fun for 2 days and then hated by everyone who couldn't walk 2 meters without dying over and over

Aren't "should I sub" threads banned? This thread is pointless.

You're in no hurry

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    During the shadowlands prepatch. Corruptions will tear your soul into oblivion if you dont have any: your dps/heals/survival (whatever spec you are) will be destroyed because you don’t have corruptions that take MONTHs to obtain: during the prepatch corruptions are removed so.. thats when I would come back if I were you

I skipped all of MoP when it came out, and subbed during the month before WoD came out (overlapping slightly)

It worked out in my favour because I was able to do all the content, level max, raid and get to Heroic level (Mythic before Mythics were a thing), farm a bunch of mounts, max all my reps all within a couple weeks. It really made MoP a fun experience, being able to do everything at my pace and like to powergame.

WoD had a rough start too with connection issues, and Blizzard extended all subs for a week, so that was a bonus. Of course I was already done all the content so there wasn't really anything left for me to do, especially with everyone off in Draenor you could barely find any more ez raids to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    During the shadowlands prepatch. Corruptions will tear your soul into oblivion if you dont have any: your dps/heals/survival (whatever spec you are) will be destroyed because you don’t have corruptions that take MONTHs to obtain: during the prepatch corruptions are removed so.. thats when I would come back if I were you
    you shouldn't talk about things you don't know about, corruptions will be purged from existence with the pre-patch, all of them along with the corruption resist stat on the cloak.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316854/...lands-prepatch
    and with echoes it takes 20 or so arena losses to earn a corruption if you don't get a drop with them anyway.
    right now i'd do the quests, and timewalking while you still can, then low mythics and normal ny'lotha.
    no one needs to do LFR anymore, so only the LFR crowd plays it anymore.
    I wouldn't damn the devil himself to have to play LFR now.