15+ Year Old Account

Stats for increasing prot dps/soloing?

I know as prot the stats you want to shoot for are haste > mastery > vers in that order with strength being #1 but strength is a given on gear so that's not really an issue. My question is what stats should I be shooting for if I want to increase my own dps while soloing stuff as I level up? Before anyone says I should just use whatever gear comes my wy via quests, the reason I'm asking this is so I can save gear I've crafted on characters and just feed that to my paladin as he levels up. Would the stat desires change at all or would they remain the ones you want for level cap & raiding/group stuff?

If you are looking to deal damage, haste and crit are by far your best options, vers is a distant 3rd and mastery is dead last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! I figured haste still would be a stat to use but wasn't sure if mastery still would because of the possiblity of blocking or if vers because it increases damage & healing or if crit would.

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    If you are looking to deal damage, haste and crit are by far your best options, vers is a distant 3rd and mastery is dead last.
    yep. nothing to add here. exactly this.