Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why do u play Horde

Hi guys!! 15 year Vanilla player here. I know this post is opening up a floodgate. But its an honest, genuine, inquiry. I'm a NE Hunter. I've been one since I started. I love the aesthetic, and everything they stand for. The Alliance as well. Their emphasis on teamwork, acceptance, living with the land and standing together against all threats. The Horde on the other hand......
    Lets see. Vanilla. Orcs burn trees.
    Burning Crusade: Orcs burn stuff 2, electric boogaloo. Wrath: let's ignore the uber-zombie apocalypse, Orc get mad!! Cataclysm: Giant world ending dragon!! Orc burn more stuff. Pandaria: Orc kidnap children; THEN Orc burn stuff. Priorities. Warlords of Draenor: Orc burn stuff in other dimensions. Legion: Orc HAPPILY burn stuff.
    And then there's Battle for Azeroth. Orc burn TREE!!

Simplified? Yes. Accurate?? I'd say so. So why is this half the playerbases fantasy this?? I mean my job is horrific. Literally. So this green, beautiful place is my escape. Why is the Horde other's fantasy?? Help me understand.

I play Horde because my friends play Horde. My friends moved to Horde side because of a larger raiding population to pull from. It has nothing to do with aesthetics, lore, or story, and everything to do with cold, hard practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    I play Horde because my friends play Horde. My friends moved to Horde side because of a larger raiding population to pull from. It has nothing to do with aesthetics, lore, or story, and everything to do with cold, hard practicality.
    Spoken like an Orc

I play Horde because the Endgame community is here.

people chose their faction or race based on a ton of factors: roleplaying reasons,racial,some prefer certain animations,some simply pick it because their friends play it,or maybe a guild recruits you and you transfer,i feel like most people in mmo's fall in to the beneficial reasons to a certain faction/race,and not because of role playing reasons

i started playing wow sometime before naxx came out in vanila,and since then i have swaped factions proly more than 10 times,sometimes because i liked how transmog looked on X race,or because my guild wanted to transfer

It's called world of warcraft, not world of treehugcraft
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It's called world of warcraft, not world of treehugcraft
    And....yeah. That sounds Horde

Cooler looking races.

And trolls are the master race.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Cooler looking races.

And trolls are the master race.
    I do like trolls. But why do they follow Orc mentality??

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I do like trolls. But why do they follow Orc mentality??
    primitive race,and also trolls are actualy way worse than orcs

I main Alliance and I love the Alliance. However, I also play Horde and love it too. The peaceful tauren - their humble traditions and simple lifestyle. The honorbound orcs - they embrace conflict and are actually very spiritual as well. The elegant blood elves - whilst arrogant they wield powerful conviction which translates to strength.

That is what I like about the Horde races Which, when you think about it can be applied to various Alliance races as well. Maybe we aren't so different after all?

My theory? People who find themselves in envyronments where they feel ostricized probably relate to the horde.
    A simple way to say it is emo people and edge lords prefer horde. They think themselves at odds with life.
    There is then the issue of powerful racials and how the top players gravitated towards it cause of that and the cascading effect.

But, i agree with you. I really don't get a kick from playing horde. I think it's related to the storytelling and aesthetics, cause i got no problem playing Sith in SWTOR. Though on that game you got the choice of not being a douchebag as well. In wow you have to do as the power hungry dictator tells you, and you gotta take shit from Nathanos on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my friends play horde. M+ on alliance sucks.

I miss shadowmeld...
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I play Horde because the Endgame community is here.
    ^^ This. I woud love to play Alliance but that would require my entire guild to go Alliance, and unless Blizz is wiling to give free faction change for a limited time ( LOL ) - this won't happen.

my fem orc DK looks badass in plate, also they had a more interesting lore then the usual high fantasy lore the alliance have

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    my fem orc DK looks badass in plate, also they had a more interesting lore then the usual high fantasy lore the alliance have
    lul tiny pleb shoulders! orc and tauren MALES is where the REAL PLATE is at

just imagine you are abby from TLOU2

For what it’s worth, Horde are only popular because of the large population. People choose red because it’s basically easy mode; you can find carries and large guilds and drama queens and can feel collectively bad that you don’t get a awesome war mode buff.

Alliance players have a smaller population, but way better War Mode organization. Nothing feels better than hopping on a Horde 5-cap in Nazjatar and stealing it from them.

Because I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    For what it’s worth, Horde are only popular because of the large population. People choose red because it’s basically easy mode; you can find carries and large guilds and drama queens and can feel collectively bad that you don’t get a awesome war mode buff.

Alliance players have a smaller population, but way better War Mode organization. Nothing feels better than hopping on a Horde 5-cap in Nazjatar and stealing it from them.
    Nobody cares about warmode lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Yea, none of this is true.

I chose Horde because they will take each other out, just to right some wrongs. They have no problem challenging their own authority and its a nice balance from YES MY KING, NO MY KING.

Red is not easy mode, especially if you're on a server like Sargeras. Now this is where people say "WhY wOuLd YoU rOlL a HoRdE tOoN tHeRe?" Because its allowed, and its their choice, thats why.

You're too knee deep in Ally blindness to understand why.

Nothing like taking out 3 Ally toons in Naz all by myself. It truly is "easy mode" when you consider the "skill" that Alliance players bring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because my friends were there and that's where the goblins are.