View Poll Results: Grilled or Fried on your salad?

Voters
57. This poll is closed
  • Grilled

38 66.67%
  • Fried

19 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fried chicken obviously tastes better... I'm healthy though and exercise so I don't care about the extra calories.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-07-20 at 10:35 PM.

I've never heard of anyone frying chicken for the explicit purpose of putting it in their salad. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It more than likely does. Just it's not something I would even think of doing.

I could maybe understand someone putting some leftover fried chicken in their salad.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-07-20 at 10:24 PM.

Not too many dishes are on Fried Chicken's level. The cost and time factor of Friend Chicken for home cooks is pretty low.

Once on a road trip, our vehicle broke down in Tennessee. While waiting for the car to get fixed we were directed to a small family-run restaurant that was literally in the middle of the woods. The food was so good, in particular the fried chicken, it was one of two or three times I actually was moved to tears at the level of cookery I was experiencing. Words are not sufficient.

I like fried chicken but I'm also having a lot of fun working out good grilled chicken spice mixes.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Grilled. Would otherwise defeat the purpose of the salad even more.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account

Both look good. Neither are 'healthy'

Some people straight up lie when they say 'grilled'. Just because chicken doesn't have a crispy flour skin means that it wasn't fried.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I like both, but definitely grilled if it's on a salad.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

For Salad? Grilled. Fried chicken on salad is just weird.

Grilled food tastes so much better!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laikagroom View Post
    Grilled food tastes so much better!
    It's obviously lower calorie but I don't understand the taste argument. Chicken infused with the right batter and oil should add flavor and make it more tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It's obviously lower calorie but I don't understand the taste argument. Chicken infused with the right batter and oil should add flavor and make it more tasty.
    This is the same with grilled food, though; just get yourself a good spice mix and rub it into the meat before you grill it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    With fried you guys mean deep fried? Why would you put that on a salad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fried doesn't mean more taste, it also means you generally coated it in something. Also if you grill it you can do more with it, you can add honey or spices to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Fried doesn't mean more taste, it also means you generally coated it in something. Also if you grill it you can do more with it, you can add honey or spices to it.
    Why can't you add spices and/or honey to fried chicken? I always ate fried chicken with honey as a kid. Bland fried chicken is a sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why can't you add spices and/or honey to fried chicken? I always ate fried chicken with honey as a kid. Bland fried chicken is a sin.
    You mean after you fried it?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean after you fried it?
    I mean you season the chicken and/or flour before frying it. Sets about bad chicken from the good stuff.

I've always considered grilled the lesser version of chicken. It's the "Is Pepsi okay?" of the chicken world.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Smoked! And who puts fried chicken on a salad? Why even bother with the salad at that point?
    Have to admit that looks very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I mean you season the chicken and/or flour before frying it. Sets about bad chicken from the good stuff.
    But doesn't frying especially if you coat it lose a lot of the flavour, especially when speaking of honey. Compared to grill it where it has more chance to be absorbed by the meat itself rather than the crust you added on top of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't frying especially if you coat it lose a lot of the flavour, especially when speaking of honey. Compared to grill it where it has more chance to be absorbed by the meat itself rather than the crust you added on top of it all.
    I mean you drizzle on honey or dip it after its cooked. But you definitely season the flour mixture and the chicken before frying it. If you want really good chicken you brine in some buttermilk. For your flour, you want some salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, a little bit of cayenne pepper - for starters. People have other combos.

Since we did mention honey, some people do use a touch of sugar in the marinade or flour (not to make the chicken sweet but flavor balance. You could probably sub honey if you know what you're doing.