Poll: Do you feel monster races are more a guy thing?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Me too, I just don't get why a guy would play female, but I know it happens and people think differently from me, so /shrug.
    Some prefer the animations on females, some like how the armor looks on females etc. There are plenty enough reason for why a male would pick female and vica versa. I know this kid that loves games, and he plays both genders in games he can choose, and he goes for how they look and what they are wearing as in cool factor and don't care if its a girl or boy.

Games are awesome because you can pick and play whatever you think is cool. Gaming is great!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    for me in mmo's my choice in race comes down to 2 things: does transmog look good on em?(like big shoulder with tauren),and are the cast animations good

MAYBE if a race has extremly op racial i could consider it

so be it strong fierce looking male or cute furry women,doesnt make a difference
    Tauren do shoulders very well, funnily enough so do Night elves, orcs too. Belves do everything well if you ask me. Humans and Trolls huge no. Draenei do shoulder and checst very well , but when it gets to legs on the male.. females are perfect but females and shoulders just don't have the same effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny that, huh, that in some places, us guys playing male characters is actually the exception, especially if you are a guy and play a male blood elf. I presume it's the same with Night elves or even more so, must be 2:1 female : male ratio on the race, and all the guys play males but also 3/4 of the females.
    regardless, for ur question, it is officially answered
    girls prefer pretty races, and it was a serious massive problem that blizz was forced to introduce belfs to horde (which if u follow wow rpg, wasn't really problem since belfs were already ranked as 5th horde race before wow was even released - yes before ogres -, also in same book furbolgs were ranked as 5th alliance race, yet never released...)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    read my first reply,thats the case in mmo's for me,but if im playing a single player rpg,then yeah,i prefer male to roleplay,but in mmo's i dont care as its not about roleplay for me
    Ah yeh, I guess even though I don't roleplay in wow much, I do kinda play feeling myself as the character, which is probably why I play males all the time. Have tried females, but normally don't last very long, I feel... strange, like I can't really relate.. especially with the emotes and screams/shouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    regardless, for ur question, it is officially answered
    girls prefer pretty races, and it was a serious massive problem that blizz was forced to introduce belfs to horde (which if u follow wow rpg, wasn't really problem since belfs were already ranked as 5th horde race before wow was even released - yes before ogres -, also in same book furbolgs were ranked as 5th alliance race, yet never released...)
    Funny that huh, I did'nt realise, it was to draw girls in, some say it was because of hte Korean players wanted a pretty race to play with their girlfriends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could just be my experience, but the majority of players that play Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and desire to play races like Naga are male (surprising seeing how female centric the Naga are).

Most of the girls I've met in warcraft either play Elves (vast majority blood and void elves, but also Night and Draenei females ), seen a much larger number play Vulpera too - but not your Orc, troll, worgen kind, and nearly all the requests for naga are from males.

Do you find this the case? And why do you think?
    I dunno about monster or non monster races. Aesthetics in a different sense matter to me. For example:
    Male night elf spell casting animations are horrid. So after dealing with it for a few years I switched to worgen male druid when cata launched, only to find out that druid tier headpieces looked like dog cones on them and female worgen looked stupid so I moved to female night elf.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Some prefer the animations on females, some like how the armor looks on females etc. There are plenty enough reason for why a male would pick female and vica versa. I know this kid that loves games, and he plays both genders in games he can choose, and he goes for how they look and what they are wearing as in cool factor and don't care if its a girl or boy.

Games are awesome because you can pick and play whatever you think is cool. Gaming is great!
    Tried Belf female ret pala, couldn't feel it. She kinda looked cool, I like how Liadrin looks, just not controlling her, but yeh, each to his own, some people find it sexy or hawt eye candy. Each to their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I dunno about monster or non monster races. Aesthetics in a different sense matter to me. For example:
    Male night elf spell casting animations are horrid. So after dealing with it for a few years I switched to worgen male druid when cata launched, only to find out that druid tier headpieces looked like dog cones on them and female worgen looked stupid so I moved to female night elf.
    interesting, so you got to female in a round about way. I know Nelf/Nightborne male casting animations are terrible, I wonder if blizzard would ever modify it, and if you'd switch back to them if they became cool - ah class animations have changed so depending on your class it might be better now. Would you change back?

I play animalistic races because I am animalistic in life and they tend to mirror my nature more, like legit I never wear socks or shoes unless I absolutely have to and hardly ever wear a shirt and I am extremely hairy like an animal and have crazy senses. I think I just embrace it more and most people suppress it.

Tauren do shoulders very well, funnily enough so do Night elves, orcs too. Belves do everything well if you ask me. Humans and Trolls huge no. Draenei do shoulder and checst very well , but when it gets to legs on the male.. females are perfect but females and shoulders just don't have the same effect.
    dont like blood elves because the shoulders are not symmetrical,i loved the old night elves but the new models just feel wrong,my faves are proly tauren and human,but casting animations arent so gr8 with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried Belf female ret pala, couldn't feel it. She kinda looked cool, I like how Liadrin looks, just not controlling her, but yeh, each to his own, some people find it sexy or hawt eye candy. Each to their own.

- - - Updated - - -

interesting, so you got to female in a round about way. I know Nelf/Nightborne male casting animations are terrible, I wonder if blizzard would ever modify it, and if you'd switch back to them if they became cool - ah class animations have changed so depending on your class it might be better now. Would you change back?
    The animations for nightborne are the same as night elf since they are copies. If they change them I would probably switch because armor looks better on broad shouldered characters due to the focus on huge tier shoulders.

Also as for the monster race, check the source in my signature. Blood elves were added to the horde for a very specific reason.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I'm fairly confident that most heterosexual guys prefer girls over monster races.
    120% wrong,either 90% of the men players i know are gay or you are wrong lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily . I'm a woman and I prefer the more monstrous races than the more human ones. Except Belves. The females look to skinny and have awful sounds/animations imo, and the men looks like.... girl- I mean, Anime characters. Elves are fine for me in other games like D&D but in WoW... I'm just not feeling it. And why would I want to play a human when that's what I am in RL?

Also, I like my trolls, but I'll play both troll girls and guys, because why not lol
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-07-22 at 10:51 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

- - - Updated - - -

Same as minikin for me, female animations on all elves looks much better in my eyes and together with armor looking better on them, imo, the choice is easy for me. My undead priest is also female, because tier5 in shadowform and her casting animations are for me one of the most iconic combos in this game. Vulpera and Worgen male I got as only male because they look good. Can't wait to go white worgen!

I pick for animations unless one racial is actually SO much better then i just pick the racial

Run speed is most often linked to human characters. As is in WoW.
    I -HATE- running with a tauren. Feels like I am running slow motion. I know it's the normal speed but it looks like crap. Hence I only play races that have 'normal' running speed.

It could just be my experience, but the majority of players that play Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and desire to play races like Naga are male (surprising seeing how female centric the Naga are).

Most of the girls I've met in warcraft either play Elves (vast majority blood and void elves, but also Night and Draenei females ), seen a much larger number play Vulpera too - but not your Orc, troll, worgen kind, and nearly all the requests for naga are from males.

Offtopic: It's male and female, man and woman or boy and girl. Not male and girl.

OT: I don't know, there's no data to back up your statement (or to refute it). I'm a woman and play a troll. I see no reason why I'd be a minority in doing that.

I haven't really experienced this and I don't think there are numbers to back it up.

My characters are almost evenly distributed between Horde/Alliance, Female/Male and the various races.

Burly Kultiran monk leather daddy, delicate female nelf druid, cunning male gnome pirate, sadistic female undead priest. You name it!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    It's not uncommon that many males prefer stronger, more fierce-looking races while many women prefer cute and pretty ones. In my experience, many male Horde players actually play female races which surprises me since the male Horde races look more badass, in my opinion.
    It is a matter of preference. You prefer badass male characters. I do as well, but....

I used to raid with a guy who played as a female belf. His reasoning was something along the lines of: "I spend hours each day looking at the back of my character. Why wouldn't I want to spend that time looking at a nice female belf instead of say a male troll"? I had to admit he had a point.

Different strokes for different folks.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I honestly prefer monster races, orcs being my favorite, if they could be druids id die of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can only speak for myself. I'm a male and I gravitate towards humans and blood/void elves (who are basically humans with slightly longer ears). I prefer races that look like humans. I'm not interested in playing weird races like orcs, tauren, or trolls because I can't relate to weird monsters.
    Yeah, same. The way I see it I'm not playing "with" a character, I "am" that character and I like being the good looking protagonist in that story. But I love when the world around me is weird monsters, dramatic events, etc.

When I was a kid, however, I'd always pick monsters, robots and weird races because I felt that's cool

I do not know how general it is, but my anecdotal experience lines up - my ex refused to play Horde on account of them being monsters. (And then she refused to play Blood Elves on account of them being Barbie dolls.)