Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Warhammer 40K: Darktide

So Warhammer 40K: Darktide seems to be Left 4 Dead set in the Warhammer 40k universe. Or I guess you might say Vermintide in 40k, as it is being made by Fat Shark.

Steam Page.

I am rather excited by this news.

Edit:

Gameplay Trailer:

Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-11 at 07:07 PM.

I've had a lot of fun with Vermintide I / II, so looking forward to this.

I sincerely hope not a single Space Marine is playable in this game and it's inevitable DLC/expansions. Just give me the Guard facing the horrors of the Warp and endless Xeno filth.

"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

Ooooooooooooh... Will keep my peepers on this! Vermintide 1 & 2 were great so hope this can be as well.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Looks interesting, but I prefer the fantasy aesthetic of Vermintide over this.

The 4 Imperial Guard dudes look generic as hell, and don't really give me an idea of what this game would really be like. Not very hyped by this teaser TBH. Will wait and see.

I wouldn't mind if they change it up from how Vermintide worked though if they kept the characters more generic like L4D and let you pick up weapons on the fly rather than have class-based loadouts. I always found that to be more one of the more interesting parts of replayability; you might not get the weapon you like and you just gotta deal with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's just the Imperial Guards then i don't really care. If i can play as an Ork then im in.

Looks like the Space Marines may not steal the spotlight for once,so that's pretty cool

I am not exactly sure if it is good idea for Fatshark to split themselves between multiple projects. We still havent seen anything from the versus mode for Vermintide 2.

could be cool but for every good 40k game there is at least one bad one, and this is just a trailer.

So a bit like Space Hulk: Deathwing, but without power armor?

I might be down. Deathwing was way too brutal for me, didn't find the excessive challenge fun. If they make it a bit lighter and less punishing then I'm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you don't play as an imperial guard but as an Inquisitorial Acolyte, the guns for hire generally employed by inquisitors. Quite a few interesting characters in books to drawn from also opens the door to allowing to use more "tech".

They gave us great personalities with vermintide and it worked there, so i don't see why they should break away from that.

Using space marines would be rather overkill considering how strong they are in the lore and if they finally "die" they can get turned into even more deadly machines. Plus they would probably simply orbit strike the whole planet, what makes you wonder why the inquisition isn't doing that in the first place.

Could end up a rather grim and scary game considering the scenery and setting.

I really want to play as one of the Adeptus Arbites. Vermintide 1 & 2 were both pretty good. Let's just hope they think of a better progression system or just dump it entirely.

I love Vermintide, so I have high hopes for this. Will be interesting to see how they maintain the viability of their excellent melee combat with more ranged options in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am not exactly sure if it is good idea for Fatshark to split themselves between multiple projects. We still havent seen anything from the versus mode for Vermintide 2.
    Fatshark's explanation was that it's not necessarily a lack of progress, but a result of the poor reception to the changes made in Winds of Magic. They wanted to focus on the feedback they received before pushing out such a substantial update.

Imagine releasing a 40k game where you can't play as a Spess Mahreen or Xenos.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I kind of hope we're not playing as 4 fairly vanilla Imperial Guards. One of the neat things about Vermintide was how distinctive the five characters were in terms of aesthetic, gameplay and personality. These look like "the guy with the chainsword" and "the guy with the plasma gun". At least have a team composed of, say, a Commissar, a Psyker or Inquisitor, a Catachan Devil, and some grizzled sergeant with whiskers he could use to open a can with. Something to add more flair and visual identity.

No Spess Mehreens is totally fine by me, but it doesn't mean we have to play as faceless grunts.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Id rather they add more to vermintide but I'm still really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I kind of hope we're not playing as 4 fairly vanilla Imperial Guards. One of the neat things about Vermintide was how distinctive the five characters were in terms of aesthetic, gameplay and personality. These look like "the guy with the chainsword" and "the guy with the plasma gun". At least have a team composed of, say, a Commissar, a Psyker or Inquisitor, a Catachan Devil, and some grizzled sergeant with whiskers he could use to open a can with. Something to add more flair and visual identity.

No Spess Mehreens is totally fine by me, but it doesn't mean we have to play as faceless grunts.
    Though they're not visible in any of the screenshots, the header art on Steam shows four unique characters. I think (and hope) the trailer just featured fodder.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2020-07-24 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Though they're not visible in any of the screenshots, the header art on Steam shows four unique characters. I think (And hope) the trailer just featured fodder.
    Hope so, since one of them has a Flamer, and there's no situation in 40K that cannot be improved by a Flamer.

If it's like Vermintide but just 40k I'm fucking cooming

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Hope so, since one of them has a Flamer, and there's no situation in 40K that cannot be improved by a Flamer.
    Heavy Flamer
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.