Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If that was true they would have set the date to that originally. Next gen didn't magically pop out of a closet
    The money is on current gen for them anyways, just like it was for GTAV in 2013. There probably won't even be more then 10 million next gen consoles sold this year compared to the 150+ current gen on market.

They give a rats ass about the next gen launch and even said the next gen patch won't be ready until 2021 even with the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They give a rats ass about the next gen launch and even said the next gen patch won't be ready until 2021 even with the delay.
    I should have been a bit more clear.

MS likely gave them a ass load of money to delay it to November to release alongside XBSX (even more so since we know the release month for XBSX is November now). Since the game isn't coming to Gamepass or won't do a timed exclusive window that was the next best option.

Its the only game coming out in the foreseeable future that can showcase the XBSX hardware. On top of that Cyberpunk and MS seem to have a thing going on.

Edit: Also they have said the game will look and run better on next gen systems at launch, All the extra features with a true next gen patch is coming later.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-08-13 at 05:53 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    MS likely gave them a ass load of money to delay it to November to release alongside XBSX
    Hard doubt, more like they are having trouble finishing the game just like what happened with Witcher 3, GTAV, RDR2 or any game of this scale that gets multiple delays.

Its the only game coming out in the foreseeable future that can showcase the XBSX hardware. On top of that Cyberpunk and MS seem to have a thing going on.

Edit: Also they have said the game will look and run better on next gen systems at launch, All the extra features with a true next gen patch is coming later.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpu...t-gen-upgrade/

You can play the PS4 and XBO versions on next gen systems at launch, the update to take advantage of them will not be available at launch.

https://www.thurrott.com/games/23918...ulent-journey#

Shock of shocks the game is apparently in trouble. Who could have guessed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone says the game looks bad but I don't see it. "Looks significantly better in the 2019 trailer". Looks the same to me. Are people high or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Everyone says the game looks bad but I don't see it. "Looks significantly better in the 2019 trailer". Looks the same to me. Are people high or something?
    You probably just do not play a lot of games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    You probably just do not play a lot of games.
    I do actually.

This is the next generation absolute top of the pile flagship IP intended to push a next generation console, this is an official promotional shot running on next generation hardware 343 judged as an example of jaw dropping next generation technology. "Things have never looked like Halo Infinite" Phil said two years ago.

This is an ingame screenshot on a base ps4 that i took of a game from early 2017 that was a totally new IP with no special expectations or console pushing behind it.

I guess theres always an audience for McDonalds like the saying says but come on son, Halo looks like downgraded models that got recycled for a live service game or something.

Which now that i type that holy shit thats exactly what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m so worried about this game. From the MP being f2p to the game looking worse than a halo 5. I want just some gud Halo MP on PC

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

This is the next generation absolute top of the pile flagship IP intended to push a next generation console, this is an official promotional shot running on next generation hardware 343 judged as an example of jaw dropping next generation technology. "Things have never looked like Halo Infinite" Phil said two years ago.

This is an ingame screenshot on a base ps4 that i took of a game from early 2017 that was a totally new IP with no special expectations or console pushing behind it.

I guess theres always an audience for McDonalds like the saying says but come on son, Halo looks like downgraded models that got recycled for a live service game or something.

Which now that i type that holy shit thats exactly what it is.
    It just looks like Halo to me. O_o That's what I see when I look at the two screenshots. You've got to be more specific here, I'm not sure I see the same thing everyone else sees. Then again, most graphical options don't appear to change much to me because I play faster games. Most things are in motion so I can never pick out fine details or even identify what they are. I just never get the opportunity to see them.

It just looks like Halo to me. O_o That's what I see when I look at the two screenshots. You've got to be more specific here, I'm not sure I see the same thing everyone else sees. Then again, most graphical options don't appear to change much to me because I play faster games. Most things are in motion so I can never pick out fine details or even identify what they are. I just never get the opportunity to see them.
    Then I doubt anyone could point anything out to you other than Halo looked like a Xbox 360 game. If you cannot tell the difference between those two screenshots, then I sadly feel that you need to get your eyes checked.

Yeah it looks like halo, but, halo is old. And the point people are trying to make is... Everything is bare. There’s nothing awe inspiring to look at, just generic barebones halo scenery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Then I doubt anyone could point anything out to you other than Halo looked like a Xbox 360 game. If you cannot tell the difference between those two screenshots, then I sadly feel that you need to get your eyes checked.
    My eyes are fine. Have you seen Xbox 360 games? This Halo game doesn't look anywhere near as low resolution as games from that era do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Yeah it looks like halo, but, halo is old. And the point people are trying to make is... Everything is bare. There’s nothing awe inspiring to look at, just generic barebones halo scenery.
    Why does it need to be awe inspiring? Can't it just be a good game to play?

My eyes are fine. Have you seen Xbox 360 games? This Halo game doesn't look anywhere near as low resolution as games from that era do.

- - - Updated - - -

I share your opinion. Halo Infinite looks like the Halo games to me and the graphics are pretty nice - not sure if it can be viewed as the graphic-demo-flagship people are talking about but it's definitely current Gen graphics and absolutely fine/good for a game in 2020.
    Statments like "this looks like a xbox360 game" are absolutely and entirely wrong. I obviously saw them as pointless and stupid exaggerations but since people seem to repeat that bullshit I'm not sure if they are just dumb or don't know what they are talking about.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Ordinarily, yes. This is just their marketing crashing down on them. All year long they've been all "Xbox Series X is the most powerful console ever! When we reveal our games you'll see the power of Xbox!"

To then have the big reveal of their flagship game look "fine for current gen" is an absolute marketing disaster, no matter how logical it may be because it actually is a current gen game.

Phil Spencer, whos gotten real quiet about Halo since, said a while back "the rumours the xbox one is holding games back is a meme drummed up by console warring trolls online".

Today: https://twitter.com/TWTHEREDDRAGON/s...39360825409537

Hurm.

The game looks fine. The question(s) is if the game is good and fun and actually delivers a great player experience in the Halo universe.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Phil Spencer, whos gotten real quiet about Halo since, said a while back "the rumours the xbox one is holding games back is a meme drummed up by console warring trolls online".

Today: https://twitter.com/TWTHEREDDRAGON/s...39360825409537

Hurm.
    Phil Spencer is an idiot always blowing smoke up people's asses. There is a reason every first party game sony showed for PS5 is not also being made for a console with a potato jaguar cpu and 5400rpm HDD. It's easy to scale things on the GPU side... not so much when you're talking about such a massive jump in CPU and Storage capabilities and you flat out aren't taking advantage of them for anything that is cross gen.

Phil Spencer is that guy you hang out with who is a smooth talker and always claims he is making moves, until you eventually realize he isn't making any moves at all.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-08-23 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The game looks fine. The question(s) is if the game is good and fun and actually delivers a great player experience in the Halo universe.
    Games can be both. Loads of great games also look great (either via graphical horsepower, good art design, or both), it's hardly a zero sum game by any stretch of the imagination.

And again, this wouldn't be such an issue hadn't Microsoft themselves hyped up their console as the most powerful ever, only to deliver visuals below what current gen could achieve a few years ago on top of tepid art design.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

i wonder if they plan to keep their promise about split screen co-op.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor