Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am one of those who absolutely adored Studio Blur's work on the graphics for Halo 4 and Halo 2: Anniversary Edition so the new graphics direction they are heading in is not impressing me at all. Just compare a brute between Halo 2: Anniversary Edition and Infinite.
    I'm also not a fan of the open world aspect. If there was one series that did not need to go that route it was Halo. Considering that it is heavily story based.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Games can be both. Loads of great games also look great (either via graphical horsepower, good art design, or both), it's hardly a zero sum game by any stretch of the imagination.

And again, this wouldn't be such an issue hadn't Microsoft themselves hyped up their console as the most powerful ever, only to deliver visuals below what current gen could achieve a few years ago on top of tepid art design.
    Fair point. They have been praising the new console and should probably deliver on that, especially with the flagship game Halo. Halo is so important for them. If Halo flops, the console might too.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hal...r-343-response

343 is rejecting the rumors that the One will be dropped and the game may push to 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hal...r-343-response

343 is rejecting the rumors that the One will be dropped and the game may push to 2022.
    343 also rejected Brad Sams report that they were debating shipping the game in parts and that was confirmed by Phil Spencer himself last week...

I have a hard time taking what 343 says at face value these days... that being said I've only seen this rumor picked up by games journalists/youtubers that jump on literally any rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    343 also rejected Brad Sams report that they were debating shipping the game in parts and that was confirmed by Phil Spencer himself last week...
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/halo-infinite/multiplayer

This? Where his claim was that they would ship the MP and campaign separately? Which was debunked, because it's not true.

https://gamingbolt.com/halo-infinite...ered-xbox-boss

There were however, early and brief discussions about shipping in separate parts, not specifically the MP/campaign, that long predated the rumors from Brad Sams.

Different rumors, no contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I have a hard time taking what 343 says at face value these days... that being said I've only seen this rumor picked up by games journalists/youtubers that jump on literally any rumor.
    Which speaks volumes about its credibility. If the only folks pickup up a rumor are rumormongers, and no remotely credible site or journalist is backing them up, it's usually a pretty safe assumption that it's nonsense.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-08-25 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...10290172309505

Probably the best worst news. MS has appointed former Bungie vet Joe Staten to a leadership role on Infinite.

Interesting. Probably means the game was in a worse state than anyone thought and its going back to the drawing board to a degree but hopefully this ends up being for the better.

I can wait a bit longer if it means Staten gets to work some of his magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I can wait a bit longer if it means Staten gets to work some of his magic.
    going to be waiting more than a bit longer now: https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1336456344690417665

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    going to be waiting more than a bit longer now: https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1336456344690417665
    Better this than a repeat of Halo 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Better this than a repeat of Halo 5.
    5 and MCC were pushed out far to early by MS to meet deadlines. MCC had a experimental matchmaking system that was being tested there and was fucking broken for the first year of its life. One of the worst launches i took a week off for. 5 Was playable and good but compared to the amount of content that came out in the first 2 years, alot of that could have been in at launch, like BTB and forge ect. They also used forge as a mapmaking crutch far to much when making new maps. Opting to use that instead of making unique maps with its own visuals. I dont know why but seems bigtime Multiplayer games map mapmaking abilities peaked in the mid 2000s.

Multiplayer launched today and so far it's pretty fun. The biggest issue is the battle pass, it takes way too long to level the darn thing and you have almost no customization options without it. The good news is it doesn't expire but I hope they adjust it a bit.

So I'm not much into competitive shooters anymore (and I barely care for Halo) but I must say, the few match's I have played was fun.

The game does need to be optimized better tho.

With my setup I get 1080p/60fps at high settings no problem (with Min 60fps turned on). But over time in a match my performance slowly gets worse and worse, so I do feel there is a memory leak issue or something. I have seen people saw the most recent nivida update runs worse then the last, but I'm not going to roll back for a MP title ill barely play.

Besides that positive experience so far.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Performance on Series X has been buttery smooth so far no performance issues whatsoever.

Ya, I’m really impressed with the gameplay.

Haven’t had this much fun in a MP shooter in years. It’s really well done. Glad to be playing a good Halo again!

The only complaints I have are pretty minor.

- The leveling is slow and I don’t love how you only level with challenges.
    - I also keep getting the same 4-5 maps, even though there should be 10 (could be my bad luck)
    - And 2 of 3 big team maps look aesthetically the same, which isn’t great when you only get those 2 maps (like me)
    - Ideally I wish there was more base customization, but it is free and you can unlock more, so not a big deal.
    - I kind of wish there was more options other than quick play, big team, or custom. I can see that maybe not being great down the road a bit more.

Otherwise I’m legit impressed, which feels great to actually say for once, and excited for the full release!
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-11-16 at 07:24 AM.

I'll probably install it within the next few days. As someone who only really enjoys the online multiplayer component of the game (and I really did enjoy it, especially Halo:Reach), is there any reason to buy the full game next month if the current multiplayer is free?

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I'll probably install it within the next few days. As someone who only really enjoys the online multiplayer component of the game (and I really did enjoy it, especially Halo:Reach), is there any reason to buy the full game next month if the current multiplayer is free?
    Not really unless you care for campaign and/or skins. MP is so much fun and I think you'll love it, Reach was my fav as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I'm not much into competitive shooters anymore (and I barely care for Halo) but I must say, the few match's I have played was fun.

The game does need to be optimized better tho.

With my setup I get 1080p/60fps at high settings no problem (with Min 60fps turned on). But over time in a match my performance slowly gets worse and worse, so I do feel there is a memory leak issue or something. I have seen people saw the most recent nivida update runs worse then the last, but I'm not going to roll back for a MP title ill barely play.

Besides that positive experience so far.
    Mine lagged a ton on a 5950x + 2080 super running on medium. Setting the framerate to unlimited fixed it, might work in your case but it is a VRAM heavy game. It for sure needs a GRD from Nvidia.

I like it so far. Every weapon feels capable, something Halo never really had. Leveling system is awful and I really hope they fix it. 5 hours yesterday and I am a sliver away from level 2 (you start at 0 for whatever reason). If I got match EXP, I would've just played one more game. Instead I looked at my challenges and saw it was unlikely to earn anymore and just logged and went to bed.

Terrible system in an otherwise very fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I dumb, or can you not select your playlist...?

Like, where's the option for Slayer only, and not have 3 Oddball games in a row

To be honest the performamce seems a bit weak on, PC. This seems to not run as good as it should in my 3070. No option to go beyond 60 fps too.