Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh god, i should stop looking this thread lmao I mean gz to all but want to play beta so bad to test things out (watching streamers is not enough for me), sadly I havent bought BfA=not subbed at all, my chance is pretty low i guess :/

Received an invite today, haven't played in almost a year, replied back to shove it up their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Received an invite today, haven't played in almost a year, replied back to shove it up their ass.
    Then why did you sign up for beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    I didn't, I have no idea why they invited me, must be desperate to get people back who left the game for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got invited today, got an e-mail at 07:44 in the morning GMT+2 Romania time

EU
    Acc active since 2005 (lapsed around 2-3 months total)
    Pre-ordered SL Epic Ed. on day one of SL announcement
    Playing ultra casually for a few years now, barely logging in
    Cleared Heroic Nyalotha 12/12H with a pug
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

I remember when our two Blizzard GMs were active and playing in my guild and we would always get an F&F alpha invite. That helped me immensely for the Wrath realm first DK run I completed.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

This time I didn’t even opt in, every time I get an invitation, every time I don’t have time to test it. Better leave mi “ticket” to someone else

I got an beta invite last night!
    Email received around 6 hours ago. Did check my launcher before bed and nothing there so i guess this must have been quite big wave

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    If you set your account to be opt-in for beta once, it applies for the future too. I never signed up specifically for Shadowlands beta but I got in anyway because I signed up for betas a bunch of years ago

Got mine since sometime last night.

I haven't raided beyond getting AOTC since HFC, but I'm one of the few old Scarab Lords left and this is the longest I've had to wait to get into beta thus far.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2020-08-07 at 11:08 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Just got my invite!

EU player, have played since EU closed beta back in november '04. Have been invited to every beta besides TBC, Wotlk or Cataclysm.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not here to gloat, but I promised to reply if I received an invite. I just woke up and saw an email from Blizzard welcoming me to Beta. This email came in around 11:50PM CST. I thought for sure this was a scam. I had to completely log out and restart my launcher to access the SL Beta.

A few notes about my user stats:
    I have been using Blizzard's beta launcher for quite some time.
    If I recall correctly I have received a beta invite every expansion since wrath. I always try to give some feedback.
    I used to raid mythic, but I haven't done much if any raiding or M+ for some time.
    I do not stream or content create nor do I post on official forums.
    I used to play priest heavily in TBC.
    I pre ordered SL maybe 2-3 months ago.
    I am a current subscriber. North America.
    Last edited by Petal; 2020-08-07 at 10:57 AM.

I guess Blizz felt the disturbance in the force from me complaining--Sometime overnight, I GOT BETA.

O happy day!

Invite Time 12:51 AM

US
    SL pre-purchase
    SUb since 3rd week vanilla - no gaps
    Casual player since Panda-land
    No PVP/AOTC
    Last edited by Sixxkill; 2020-08-07 at 11:52 AM.

Received the beta email overnight.. must have been a big wave that went out.

USA
    predordered
    Subbed since vanilla release
    received the 10th anniversary statue
    been in most betas since Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by kruelio View Post
    Can you guys specify when exactly you got invited? Saying "i got invited today" when the e-mail arrived at 1am is technically today but it might be the last wave. Is there a new wave going on RIGHT NOW? Have you received an invite in the last hour? Please be more specific.

Thank you!
    I don't know the exact time. I have not received an e-mail yet. Had looked 5 times yesterday, but had not received an invitation. Today it poped up in my launcher.

EU playing since Classic Release withoud breaks
    Received the 10th anniversary statue
    12/12 HC

Do you require the beta launcher before hand to see the Shadow lands beta drop down or can you use the normal launcher? screenshots would help for the non invited

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Not true. Maybe for like world top 10 or something like that.
    In the past we as a guild had several realm firsts, many gladiators and generally a world rank <200 and frequently participated in testing ecounters on PTR. Hardly any of us ever got beta invites.
    Huh I can't say ive had the same experience at all.. usually the whole guild has a invite on the first wave... maybe we are just charmed?

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Huh I can't say ive had the same experience at all.. usually the whole guild has a invite on the first wave... maybe we are just charmed?
    No idea how they decide preferential invites. Maybe someone throws flags manually.

Seems like a huge wave went out....still not me!

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    No idea how they decide preferential invites. Maybe someone throws flags manually.
    I think the first few are based on a whitelist. I when I say first wave I mean after media and influencers. It is actually the second maybe third but I have noticed that certain segments of the player base seem to get in first but I admit I just assumed about the pvp thing since I have had my entire raid guild get a invite early before and that doesn't feel like a chance thing (though I suppose technically it could be just extremely unlikely)