The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Many Covenant abilities are useless or harmful for certain specs of the same class

Blizzard want the Class Focus (c) but their Covenant philosophy and design contradict it.

Blizzard want the classes to feel whole and specs being the flavor but what happen in practice is that for all classes abilities of certain Covenants synergies very well and satisfying with one spec, while being almost useless, sometimes not even worth of use for another two.

This means that your class actually isnt well-rounded, as one or two of its flavors are seriously lacking in satisfying synergy and output.

This is more or less true for all classes. And i dont see it addressed by testers and Blizzard at all. Thats pretty mind blowing. Its not okay to have major feature that works good for one spec and doesnt work for another spec of the same class, and you locked behind this bad, unsatisfying feeling until you swap the Covenant for more universally good ability.

This is probably to most concerning for me. So many Covenant abilities are seriously lackluster when compared to some others. I'm not talking dps either. I'm just talking about wether the ability is fun or interesting to use. And some of the good ones aren't good for all specs, at all. Covenants, look like a total mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We have several threads discussing Covenants already. Let's focus on those as opposed to making new ones.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead