Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is your favourite TV/movie villain?

I would say Voldemort (Harry Potter)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gary Oldman.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Movies - Darth Vader (before the prequels)

TV - Either the Wraith or the Borg (before Voyager neutered them)

Movies: Sho'nuff

TV: Marlo Stanfield

I don’t watch much TV, but Mr Nobody in Doom Patrol was a hell of a lot of fun and is currently my favorite TV villain.

Oh, how much time you got, friend? Villains are my bread and butter.

TV:

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 alone featured Damien Darkh, Captain Cold, Malcolm Merlyn and Reverse Flash.

In movies, I'd have to go with Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul, Health Ledger's Joker of course, Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Episode III, Christopher Lee as Saruman, Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort, Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance, and Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh.

I admit the way Capt Cold was written in Legends of Tomorrow and tge actor's portrayal did make an impression.

Darth Vader however is iconic.

Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine.

He comes off as a very personable (yet still truly evil) person. You could almost believe that he was a kind hearted ruler, a fatherly person... until you remember that it's all a lie. He has a huge ego, envisioning himself as a great hero and protector. For obvious reasons, he has trouble understanding why people hate him... which in turn feeds his delusions as he makes himself out to be a misunderstood martyr. In truth, he is a self centered asshole who cannot cope with the idea that he is not, actually, a good guy. That he is not a beloved hero to his people, that he is not perceived as a wise ruler over the Bajorans, and that he is not the chosen one of the gods. He is always trying to gain the approval of people. He is trying to gain the approval of the Bajorans, and especially Sisko's (who he is extremely envious of because Sisko is the one the Bajorans love, the chosen one of the gods, and the hero of the Federation). There is an episode in season 6 where he finally has a moment of self realization. He finally realizes that he will never be the great person he wanted to be... so he decides to cast everything aside and become the devil everyone has been making him out to be. And then he becomes truly scary.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-13 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Gary Oldman.
    Agreed. Especially.... Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

Magneto (X-Men)
    Hannibal Lecter
    John Cusack's character in the amazon prime series called "Utopia"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popabear View Post
    Agreed. Especially.... Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg
    As much as I enjoy that role, I gotta go with Drexl or Stansfield.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

So many that I enjoyed.

From TV, I loved Griffith from the 1997 Berserk, Marlo from the Wire, Cersei Lannister from GoT (even if they reduced her to just drinking wine for the end, I thought she was compelling), Homelander from The Boys. I love villains that aren't just evil for the sake of it, or like "huhaha, I will rule teh w0rld!", but that have humanising moments, where you might even see at times where they are coming from, even if you don't agree, or sometimes sympathise with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magneto has always been my favorite villain in any media. He is just such a complex character and I like villains who are not just evil. Magneto's views actually make some sense and he is only a villain he stands in opposition to the heroes of the story.

Gul Dukat from Star Trek DS9 would be a close second, largely due to Marc Alaimo's performance. He is just so entertaining to watch and makes a great foil to the best ST captain ever.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Movies: Sho'nuff
    Heh, The Shogun of Harlem is a good choice.

Movie: Evil Ash

TV: Ruby Knowby

The greatest hero needs appropriate nemeses.

Honourable mentions: KHAN! The Monarch.

Movies:

TV: Tony Soprano.....

/hears screams

Well he is not the antagonist of a main character so the concept of "villain" is ambiguous but in the strict sense of the term and despite the humanization perspective of the show...he is one fucking amazing evil villain.

And I know that it opens a can of worms because then you can add Walter White (Breaking bad) or Al Swearengen ( Deadwood) or many others...but no, I stand with my answer: Tony Soprano.

If you want a more classical approach at the concept: the smoker from X-Files.

Movie: Either Sauron the Dark Lord of Emperor Palpatine.

TV show: Cersei or Tywin Lannister, one of the two.

I used to love the Night King as well, but after S8... yeah...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I'd also add Littlefinger from GoT. I know he turned into a bit of a pantomime villain towards the end, however the first 4 seasons at least, I thought he was great. I loved the way that he played his status as a minor lord, something that made the others look down on him, to such great effect, essentially letting him hide in plain sight, with only a few really seeing the danger that he posed. Part of me wanted to see him win, even though he was a lord I thought it was a great commentary on the hubris of nobility and the insanity of the feudal system as a whole. Despite his flaws, he was one of the most capable people in the realm, he was a great demonstration that high status doesn't equate to high ability, he ran rings round most of them and the show version at least was mainly brought down by bad writing towards the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

5+ Year Old Account

Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter