Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The majority of people in these comments are angry. People are angry on wowhead. People are angry on the official forums. If you're not seeing unanimous anger it's because you're choosing not to look.

But your comments just show to me that you're one of those people who will agree with any decision Blizzard makes, regardless of how much it will upset people.
    I'm not seeing the majority being angry, but I'm also not searching through 11 pages and counting each post.

My comments show you that I'm "one of those people" except I'm not because I think the new bonuses are stupid. So therefore you just stay making nonsense statements that are 50/50 lies?? Imagine being this emotionally messed up over gold, holy crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    These set bonuses lol like fuck at least make it a proc of some sort of stat(s) or whatnot to make it more enticing then this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Can you go one-by-one with each perk and explain how they're useless?
    Well inorder for half of them to be useful you need to afk in an inn for a day.

Someone else already said it, if they wanted to make set bonuses that actually helped leveling they should of replaced that garbage rested xp crap and made them Mount speed increases.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm not seeing the majority being angry, but I'm also not searching through 11 pages and counting each post.

My comments show you that I'm "one of those people" except I'm not because I think the new bonuses are stupid. So therefore you just stay making nonsense statements that are 50/50 lies?? Imagine being this emotionally messed up over gold, holy crap.
    You obviously didn't spend gold to upgrade heirlooms. The fact that Blizzard isn't removing character boosts makes it seem much more likely that this decision has nothing to do with character advancement and everything to do with Blizzard wanting to push the cash shop. If it was about leveling, they'd remove the paid boost too.

This doesn't even make sense.

The stated reason for changing the Heirlooms in the first place was that we didn't need extra XP gain after the incoming level squish in SLs. They also said it maligns the zone to zone progress making things wonky. But the proposed changes do not prevent that. Now we get a similar result but with the added requirement to take more breaks while leveling to store rested XP. It still changes the amount of quests needed to level which affects the story arcs of leveling zones. I do not see the point in this change whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yes it does matter if you used them. because you got your golds worth out of them. the only people who would have any reason to complain would be the absolute bell-ends who bought heirlooms but then never ever used them and since they're probably still figuring out how to tie their own shoelaces nobody really cares about them. also consider how much gold you made by selling items you didn't have to equip.
    The gold I made from selling gear I did not equip is NOTHING compared to the gold spent to upgrade heirlooms. But I guess there's no point in trying to explain this to you because you're incapable of seeing just how asinine your point is no matter how much I deconstruct it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Nah

Keep the heirlooms

Remove the toxic people.
    I mean, that's a great idea.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I will say this: at least Blizz is trying to keep heirlooms useful, even if I disagree with their current iteration.

Heirlooms were originally implemented to solve a problem, which was the leveling process was long, arduous, and not pleasant as more expansions were added. Several expansions later, Blizz is overhauling the leveling system to fix those problems... but they still have the heirloom system in the game. Blizz could've just said "problem solved! we don't need this heirloom system anymore, let's just delete it the next build!", but considering the time/effort/gold that players poured into the system it's probably a wiser choice to overhaul the system a bit to keep it relevant. Blizz has done this in the past, such as the reforger on the Yak mount being changed to an xmogger so it was still relevant, so they have the capacity to make such changes.

However, Blizz should keep in mind that heirlooms are still and will be an optional system. If they change heirlooms to still give people who invested in the items a faster or more powerful leveling experience in the new overhauled leveling experience, that's perfectly fine if it's within reason. I wouldn't be surprised if most people would be okay if the set bonuses added up to a flat 10% xp gain compared to what was proposed, and that wouldn't radically alter the leveling speed relative to the speed of weaing/not wearing heirlooms on live servers. I'm still game for more exciting set bonuses, as the system itself should be fun.

yes it does matter if you used them. because you got your golds worth out of them. the only people who would have any reason to complain would be the absolute bell-ends who bought heirlooms but then never ever used them and since they're probably still figuring out how to tie their own shoelaces nobody really cares about them. also consider how much gold you made by selling items you didn't have to equip.
    Historically with Blizz, it doesn't matter if you used them, but more of the investment required to use an item. For example, as I mentioned above the Yak used to have a reforger, but that was replaced with a transmogger when reforging got removed from the game. Blizz didn't just remove the mount or leave that saddle empty, they made sure the item was still useful and desirable. If you told everyone who got the Long Boi mount that the auction house NPC will be removed in the Shadowlands prepatch, I don't think anyone would accept a statement from Blizz "Well, you guys did use it, so you got your money's worth out of it!" Heirlooms are not a cheap investment for most players, as you can spend roughly 1mil gold just upgrading all the heirlooms alone. If heirlooms were a super cheap system that didn't have anything attached to it, sure, get rid of it... but it's not that kind of system.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Epic flying still has the same cost, you shit ass donkey.
    It's going away in Shadowlands. https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/flying-in-shadowlands

You'll go right from 150% to 310%. Getting the fastest flying will now be 5000 gold, not 10,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    none of those were removed
    Dual spec is absolutely gone. I spent thousands of gold on it and now everyone can respect whenever they want.

Epic riding is now cheap as hell. Epic flying, see above.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lol so the old heirlooms that gave you 60% bonus exp also didnt matter much right?
    Cause this is literally just free exp but nah, totally doesent matter.
    It's not the same thing. For three reasons:
    • Rested XP bonus only counts for experience acquired by killing mobs (and harvesting, I think). It does not count for quest experience.
    • Rested XP is limited. You need to log out inside an inn and stay logged out for a considerable amount of time to acquire a worthwhile amount. Like, a full day of being logged out gives you little more than a quarter of a XP bar worth of rested XP.
    • A brand new character starts with 0 rested XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    • Rested XP bonus only counts for experience acquired by killing mobs (and harvesting, I think). It does not count for quest experience.
    • Rested XP is limited. You need to log out inside an inn and stay logged out for a considerable amount of time to acquire a worthwhile amount. Like, a full day of being logged out gives you little more than a quarter of a XP bar worth of rested XP.
    Exactly. People talking about how the change isn't that bad simply do no comprehend this. Or they're refusing to. The new heirloom bonuses are pretty much worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by astaroth1837 View Post
    Sure I will

2 set and 6 set - On a fresh alt or one your playing a decent amount regularly, will not have any rested exp to speak of

3 set - Ok I guess, but regen isnt really an issue on toons with heirlooms.

4 set - This could proc at a very bad time. Like flying over a zone and dinging a level. If it can be extended as long as you dont stop killing then yeah this one is good. Kinda vague wording though.
    nothing vague about it,it sais it on the bonus,extends it up to 2 minutes,but yeah,all bonuses are pure garbage,it truly shows again how completly out of touch the people making this game are with the actual players,does any1 even still play wow from the dev team?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah,it counts for gathering prof and for the mop/wod treasure stuff you loot that give xp

Exactly. People talking about how the change isn't that bad simply do no comprehend this. Or they're refusing to. The new heirloom bonuses are pretty much worthless.
    On top of that, rested XP caps out at two whole levels worth of extra XP. And you need to be logged out for over a week to get to the cap.

The time I have to spend not playing alt to get rested XP, I could have spent gaining over four or five times the experience points by playing said alt.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The gold I made from selling gear I did not equip is NOTHING compared to the gold spent to upgrade heirlooms. But I guess there's no point in trying to explain this to you because you're incapable of seeing just how asinine your point is no matter how much I deconstruct it.
    the only thing asinine here is you thinking you should get a refund for something you've used and will probably continue to use. just because the xp buff is gone does not make them useless

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Does my level 120 boost go to a level 50 boost or do I lose it?
    doubt they will just take the boost away from you,pretty sure its gonna become a 50 boost

To be exact, you gain 15% rested exp per day (24 hours) and you max out rested exp by staying logged out 10 days.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Are you for fucking real? Can you not use your brain and think for a second as to why people are upset? We've spent a shit ton of gold to have exp bonuses to have it taken away, in return we get the most boring set bounses this game has ever seen, this is as boring as WoW classic gear set bonuses.

Maybe think before you decide to comment next time.
    From the sounds of it they aren’t taking any thing away they are just putting that bonus Xp into leveling with or without them making the looms just a easy don’t think about items options while you get there bonus rather you wear them or not.

the only thing asinine here is you thinking you should get a refund for something you've used and will probably continue to use. just because the xp buff is gone does not make them useless
    Actually, no. With the nerf to stats in BfA and now the trash abilities on the armor, I WON'T be using them. which is why I want a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

On top of that, rested XP caps out at two whole levels worth of extra XP. And you need to be logged out for over a week to get to the cap.

The time I have to spend not playing alt to get rested XP, I could have spent gaining over four or five times the experience points by playing said alt.
    Yup. This move is purely just to push tokens. If the change was about encouraging leveling then they'd remove the paid boosts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    To be exact, you gain 15% rested exp per day (24 hours) and you max out rested exp by staying logged out 10 days.
    Sooooo... it's even worse than I thought. Kewl.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As I predicted, heirlooms are utterly fucking useless in Shadowlands. If they don't give players the option to get a refund on their upgrades, then I(and likely a lot of other players) am abandoning this dumpster fire of a game. Because right now, the changes are basically Blizzard telling people that invested gold in heirlooms to go fuck themselves.
    They have never refunded things like mount training respec cost duel spec cost glyph cost ect, this won’t be any different and you’d have to be a fool to think any great number of players will leave the game because of it.