Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Um, I fell for the fact that you have no idea what's going on? Wow, you got me "m8".
    And you're still falling.

I hate the new shadow priest. I have a classic shadow priest and a bfa shadow priest at about level 51 and the classic one does WAY more damage. The BfA priest has full heirlooms as well. I wish voidform would get deleted and just give base shadow its damage back.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I'd like to see some love to my main (Holy priest) too, given they're outshined by most other healers, except for mistweaver. Poor mistweavers.
    Mistweavers are looking better than Holy in m+, more popular than either Priest (but not both together) and more popular than Resto Shamans at m+15 and up. For raiding they suck in 8.3.

However, you mention Holy Priest being bad, yet in raiding they're fine in 8.3. More popular for mythic raiding than Disc or MW, better performance than everything but Disc and Holy Paladin.

Now, this doesn't mean that either spec feels great to play, of course.

Personally I like Resto Shamans for healing, but they often have issues and if a fight plays to their weaknesses it can feel like a real battle to get anything done. They could use some work - BfA continued the trend of nerfing their cooldowns, but didn't improve anything else to make up for it. If this isn't corrected in some way, they'll remain a low-mobility healer (not because their mobility is bad, but because they can't heal when moving except during a CD, which means once in a blue moon) with one outstanding CD and little else to recommended them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah not even remotely comparable since 2h was just a vanilla meme spec and nobody who plays shaman at decent level wants it back. It's just the people who just saw Unbreakable's crit/wf montage for the first time that keep asking for it.
    What's more, that relied on a totem that hasn't existed for years, and even when it did was nerfed so you couldn't do that since BC (and it got more nerfs over time).

A two-handed enhancement right now would mean a fair bit of work on the various spells and talents, and would probably feel pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Enhancement is already the spec that's gotten the second biggest rework in Shadowlands though. Ret Paladin and Elemental are both 'fine', and Feral Druid just lacks utility. None of them are really in need of a rework.

Holy Priest really doesn't need anything close to a rework either, they just need buffs. Same goes for Mistweaver.
    You forgot Guardian druid that is as boring as Guardian Druid. They definitively need at least new tools; but at least not such a boring gameplay.

Never been a pvp spec (deal with it) and hasn't been "below arms in pve for years", what the fuck are you talking about? Right now sure, arms pulls ahead but not massively and only in the highest end of pve. Besides, that's only numbers tuning the spec itself plays like a dream. So no, the spec doesn't need any rework and fury is better than arms in SL beta atm.
    The only change Fury needs, to my mind, is a solid nerf to self-healing. It's got a ridiculous amount of passive self-healing that it just doesn't need for its role, especially as having two 2-handers gives it a higher base health than other DPS and it has plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Mistweavers are looking better than Holy in m+, more popular than either Priest (but not both together) and more popular than Resto Shamans at m+15 and up. For raiding they suck in 8.3.

However, you mention Holy Priest being bad, yet in raiding they're fine in 8.3. More popular for mythic raiding than Disc or MW, better performance than everything but Disc and Holy Paladin.

Now, this doesn't mean that either spec feels great to play, of course.
    So here's my current observation and objective feelings, when I look at my Holy priest, and other healers, specifically; Holy Paladin and Resto Druid, because in my opinion, Holy paladin and Resto druid just has so much more to bring to the table. Each of them has better CC, better Utility, better damage, and either on par, if not better healing and better mobility.

Holy priest cannot DR, cannot CR, cannot heal on the move other than Renew which is like, F tier heal, or Circle of Healing ever 15 seconds, unless our holy words are ready. We cannot do damage while healing, nor do we have a good defensive. Holy priest, in my opinion, is simply functional, except for M+ where we're pretty much worthless.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of change in my preferred class (mage). Mage looks like it's going to be basically been the same for at least three expansions now (some specs more than others) and I'm so bored of it. Stuff has to change for the game to feel fresh.

change for the sake of change is how some of my favorite specs have become my least favorite specs. careful what you wish for.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    It's the principle of wanting a higher standard.
    Should probably be slightly more clear with argumentation then than saying "rework every class" and "should spend as much time on every class" if that was the point all along.

Or then your just moving the goalpost claiming that you ment X instead of Y when someone disagrees with you.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-08-10 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but as what I've seen and heard it's just great and I think every class and spec should receive same love and treatment.
    dude. its a builder spender... almost every class got that rework

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    You're only viewing it from the angle that a spec is fundamentally bad/terrible, and a rework would fix that. If this was the only case, sure, Blizz should fix it...
    That's just not true as I didn't say that
    My post is about lack of change, not at all dealing with whether a spec is bad or not. I do want change for the sake of change, because going for years with the same rotation/spec/mechanics is boring. Change is good and for the profit WoW is making Blizzard are responsible for that change being done well. Obviously it sometimes doesn't work fine, but then there is another change and eventually it works well.

I agree with your reasons in the rest of your post, fun things shouldn't be broken, but in a game that's going for so many years gameplay should not be allowed to stagnate. Devs are responsible for keeping things fun AND new in my book. I don't want a new expansion with the spec and rotation of the previous, especially in the case of BfA where most specs were badly designed (not meaning everything is fundamentally bad at all).
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-08-10 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Oh i know , where it come from.

well actually i was thinking of the warhammer mage guy, but he's a good example i guess. I remember the warhammer mage had a mechanic where if you use his magic too much he'd overheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    That's just not true as I didn't say that
    My post is about lack of change, not at all dealing with whether a spec is bad or not. I do want change for the sake of change, because going for years with the same rotation/spec/mechanics is boring. Change is good and for the profit WoW is making Blizzard are responsible for that change being done well. Obviously it sometimes doesn't work fine, but then there is another change and eventually it works well.

I agree with your reasons in the rest of your post, fun things shouldn't be broken, but in a game that's going for so many years gameplay should not be allowed to stagnate. Devs are responsible for keeping things fun AND new in my book. I don't want a new expansion with the spec and rotation of the previous, especially in the case of BfA where most specs were badly designed (not meaning everything is fundamentally bad at all).
    better option for someone like you would probably be to try on a new class. not changing what makes people play it to begin with just because you get bored.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    better option for someone like you would probably be to try on a new class. not changing what makes people play it to begin with just because you get bored.
    I disagree and have already explained my reasons

So...
    You heard about it is good...
    Sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but as what I've seen and heard it's just great and I think every class and spec should receive same love and treatment.
    Yes, 100% this. yes, a few are fine, but many are still broken since the artifact removal, it needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If they changed what Fury was reworked into as of Legion, people would riot.
    They made it boring and braindead. I don't feel like an angry berserk I feel like a spinny agile weeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    You forgot Guardian druid that is as boring as Guardian Druid. They definitively need at least new tools; but at least not such a boring gameplay.
    I agree Guardian Druid is very boring and could use a lot of stuff to spice it up, but it also seems like Guardian being easy is the point. It's clearly the easiest tank by far, so maybe it's supposed to be the new-player-tank?

I do wish it would get more interesting but I don't think it's gonna happen since to Blizzard it isn't that the design is wrong (if I'm right).

Almost every spec should have received a major redesign with Shadowlands. The fact that we're not seeing this is enough for me to skip until 10.0 arrives. Classes simply aren't fun right now and they haven't really changed in 4 years. Classes like DK were already boring in WoD and they somehow managed to make them worse and then stopped touching them for 4 years. It's simply unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Almost every spec should have received a major redesign with Shadowlands. The fact that we're not seeing this is enough for me to skip until 10.0 arrives. Classes simply aren't fun right now and they haven't really changed in 4 years. Classes like DK were already boring in WoD and they somehow managed to make them worse and then stopped touching them for 4 years. It's simply unacceptable.
    Idk mate, I think dk is a blast, especially blood.