Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Depends on the parts.

Power Supplies are getting scarce. 45-55$ PSUs are now 80+

Cases have gone up quite a bit because of steel and aluminum tarrifs.

GPU market is about to be hit by some price hikes largely due to increased cost of manufacture (GDDR6X on the high end SKUs is something like 70% more expensive han the baseline GDDR6).

RAM and SSDs, however, are cheaper than they used to be by a decent amount because of overstock/low demand.

Motherboards WERE higher than they needed to be due to shortages, but the supply issue there seems to be evening out and prices are returning to normal.
    Cheers pal. So to buy a new pc you wouldn't be overcharged an extortionate amount extra, just a little extra on case and psu? I'm looking to buy within the next month or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Cheers pal. So to buy a new pc you wouldn't be overcharged an extortionate amount extra, just a little extra on case and psu? I'm looking to buy within the next month or 2.
    Probably an extra 100-200$ total, partially offset by cheaper RAM and SSDs. Not factoring in GPU hikes; the GPU increases will come with the next generation of cards dropping in Sept/Oct, not in current models (unless they go out of stock, then theyll be hiked because itll be 3rd party sellers gouging on the little remaining stock).

This all assumes youre building it yourself. A prebuilt might be roughly the same price, because the builders have stockpiles of parts and arent as affected by the price hikes, at least not immediately. You could price a build with PcPpartpicker, and then head to NZXTs BLD website and see what they would charge for an equivalent system.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-08-26 at 09:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd learn to building it yourself so you at least can troubleshoot issues if they crop up instead of having to deal with a service can take time and money.

Price wise I've seen some pre-built PCs that have been fairly good over the years, others that were ridiculously overpriced.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."