Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    People like you are the death of fun you know that.Though we will see.i will have my fun while it lasts just to piss people like you off.Now back to the ptr to continue lvling through exiles reach.
    Sorry, I don't care about the fun of people who consider griefing the highest level of enjoyable gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It also ignores how more than just capital cities get infested. The Void Elf starting area was a bloodbath, Dalaran was a bloodbath, Boralus was a bloodbath, Redridge was a bloodbath. If you don't want to risk it, you're probably best off sitting in your garrison lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the third time..
    Second for me as I didn't take part in the last one, was busy doing other stuff. Either way though, still fun

The threads complaining about this event will have to feed the engagement meter until the "why can't I mount in the maw/fly in SL, I want a refund for all my mounts" threads begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    i bet you cried then like you are now.
    Meanwhile, you seem to be real upset that not everybody loves the recycled event. Wonder what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    If an option like that could be in live, it wouldn't be so disruptive.

Sure, NPC's would still get griefed worse than a lowbie on a pvp server, but the player themselves wouldn't be forced into becoming a zombie and the tons of corpse-running and high repair bills that WILL be forced on everyone who gets "turned".
    rdy dude? repair bills? in a world were you can make millons a day you are worried about 500 gold? (even less for non mythic gear)
    I.O BFA Season 3

Cool, I was there for the Wrath one, too. Do you remember what happened back then?
    Yes, it was amazing until it was nerfed and then no one gave a single shit about it. As I'm sure will happen this time around, because as I said: whiners typically get what they want, which is why everything is so dumbed down.

It's still, to this day, the only prepatch anybody talks about. I don't even remember any other one, and I've played most of them. That's because all the other ones are sanitized garbage so no one's feelings get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Second for me as I didn't take part in the last one, was busy doing other stuff. Either way though, still fun
    I was just speaking objectively.

It'd be the second for me too, but it happened in Classic first, at the end of TBC/before WoTLK second and now third.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Yes, it was amazing until it was nerfed and then no one gave a single shit about it. As I'm sure will happen this time around, because as I said: whiners typically get what they want, which is why everything is so dumbed down.
    And we all know what's going to happen this time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Can't they come up with something original?
    they can... but its suppopsed to be a reference, plus players really loved it and want it back.
    its suposed to be reference to the "without a lich king the scourge will run rampent"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    this event was only in the first ten minutes fun.

after this all cities are no go areas for the rest of the pre-patch!

not really fun..
    its not a perma thing, it will happen here and there ,also
    1. this is the PTR, its buggy
    2. it wont be open till a later week likely, not just the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    rdy dude? repair bills? in a world were you can make millons a day you are worried about 500 gold? (even less for non mythic gear)
    They're going to complain about anything they can. I swear, most people on these forums want WoW to be the Sims+Animal Crossing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    At least this time you can go to NPCs to get healed, and it doesn't rely on just players being nice.
    I wonder if being infected will give you immunity for a short while after its healed; It did the first time - which makes it very helpful. Get infected, get healed (this time by an NPC), and then be immune for the rest of the time you're in the capital.

But it is...ironic? weird timing? To not only semi-repeat an event they're famous for- but during a world wide pandemic? Really? Just...strange logic.
    in wotlk you could go to npcs to get healed too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm.. gonna be honest, I was expecting something more original.
    I did enjoy it the first time around though, so I guess it'll be fun to redo it. And at least the EPL/Northrend stuff is gonna be new.
    But still. Where's that feared "unstoppable swarm of scourge ravaging across the lands"?
    i mean its literally right there? did you actually read the stuff or just look at the title?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rubon View Post
    When they said Scourge invasion 2.0 that implies new content. This is more like Scourge invasion 1.1. Completely unoriginal.
    there is also stuff happening in the other zones including icecrown where you fight rare spawns, do dailies, and fight mawsworn coming from the shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    IDK what idiot at blizz thought this was a good idea.
    The Retch! skill has particle effect smoke take about 50+ zombies using it and it is horrible lag.
    You can't do anything in the cities the 5% dmg debuff with 10+ ghouls on you and you die in seconds.
    They can transform npcs. QUEST NPCS they one shot low lvls and even lvl capped people.
    You can't simply "STAY OUT OF MAIN CITY HUR HUR"
    this is the PTR... its not live my dude... they are testing this for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

there is also stuff happening in the other zones including icecrown where you fight rare spawns, do dailies, and fight mawsworn coming from the shadowlands.
    Has there been any indication why old WoTLK bosses are returning? I doubt Bolvar resurrected them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy315 View Post
    Isn’t there going to be different phases to this prepatch? I thought this was just week one. If they do different phases, who knows what else there may be.
    yes, there will be different weeks, this is "week 1' we dont know how many weeks there are, or what will be coming in the later weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Has there been any indication why old WoTLK bosses are returning? I doubt Bolvar resurrected them.
    yes, it says so in chat.

Also there is a weather effect in the zone once in awhile where it blizzards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Just curious, where have you seen players want another scourge invasion?
    Forums and old videos about the invasion, my fondest wow memory is still the invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    This event is really annoying. I only remembered it being annoying and it's even worse now. The servers are dead. Impossible to log in in cities. Makes it impossible to test anything. Can't log in and if you log in you get immediately mauled by ghouls. Couldn't they have give it a few days? How are we supposed to test anything like this? Well... the feedback is the game is broken cause of the event. :/
    liekly was not supposed to go live yet, and then someone found it and now its just constant. as it was not up right away, it took like a few hours to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    inb4 once again "how dare you disrupt my AH camping for a few days!" is screamed to the high heavens by multibox lizard people who don't understand they are asking everything to cater to them forever with not even a few days of fun allowed.
    what they should do is go into the middle of no where on their brutosaur duuuuh

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    No one on these forums is open to be convinced. We're all just here arguing our points and getting angry at each other for disagreeing.
    Why are you projecting what you do onto everyone?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for a way to opt out.
    There is, go elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why are you projecting what you do onto everyone?
    Why are YOU projecting what you do onto everyone?

Anyway, singular ghoul players shouldn't be able to beat in geared level 50s. The idea should be that gangs of ghouls are dangerous, but if even a single ghoul can already murder a level 50 and oneshot anything below that, then it just gets worse and more difficult to form any sort of counterplay.

At that point, people may as well just sit on roofs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyEliza View Post
    Thankfully Blizzard has put in the extra effort to give players new and exciting content to engage in prior to of the launch of the new expansion, oh wait, actually 2008 wants it's content back.

Blizzard, you can do better than this. Sure the pre-patch needs to be Scourge based, but to simply copy paste 12 year old content is just plain lazy.
    there is new content, maybe you should actually go on the ptr and see for yourself.

Lazy Devs with 0 imagination? That's my take at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is, go elsewhere.
    If you played on the PTR, you'd know that even places like the Void Elf starting zone were crawling with instakill ghouls.

Seeing all the butthurt in this thread makes me smile. I hope it's as miserable as possible for you crybabies.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's worse this time around because a single ghoul is more powerful than a single player and a few of them can take out bands of guards and even boss mobs like leaders of cities.
    There would perhaps be some fun counterplay if individual ghouls were fairly weak, but there isn't any. They're more powerful than the average level capped player, attack in bands and lagmurder you before you can react and then turn you into a ghoul as well. You're either in the air or you're dead.

There is nothing interactive about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think it was limited last time around?

To my recollection, because so many people complained about how unfun it was that Blizzard had to neuter it early on.
    nah, if you actually try, a single well geared player can curb stomp a ghoul, was in a group with a pally and we held off like 4-6 at a time for awhile until a group of like 20 showed up after going and killing guards outside for awhile.