Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Covenant 5 Man Perks and Mythic+

So quick question I have read about some of the perks members of a covenant can activate in dungeons associated with them. My question is has it been stated if these will work in mythic+? I would assume so but some of the people I run with are saying they don’t see how it could. Just thought I would check and see if it had been posted anywhere or not.

They most certainly will. I don't see Blizzard adding mechanics like that just for Normals/Heroics/Mythic mode dungeons.

They want Covenants to be a choice. They want ALL Covenants to be viable in m+, so I bet they will work in m+ as well.

Yeah, it will work. It's the point.

It's just like the profession buffs in Court of Stars.

5+ Year Old Account
    Obviously they will work, that's the entire point of why these things exist. You think they'd make those things just for trivial content (Normal/Heroic/Mythic) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    So quick question I have read about some of the perks members of a covenant can activate in dungeons associated with them. My question is has it been stated if these will work in mythic+? I would assume so but some of the people I run with are saying they don’t see how it could. Just thought I would check and see if it had been posted anywhere or not.
    Of course they will work, it's like Tol Dagor, really and Tol Dagor ones were a lot more powerful to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they will and they should.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Unfortunately most likely the buffs will remain in m+. People saying Court of Stars was great and balanced have no clue what they are talking about as a Hunter/Blacksmith allowed you to 1shot TWO of the 2nd boss minibosses.

The way the meta will work is: each spec will have its meta covenant and play it. Then if you are serious about m+ (i.e. WF keys), you will need to find synergy with the other classes making sure you pick classes which have the right covenants and having 1 guy a freebie which will be the most meta DPS so they have the best DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Unfortunately most likely the buffs will remain in m+. People saying Court of Stars was great and balanced have no clue what they are talking about as a Hunter/Blacksmith allowed you to 1shot TWO of the 2nd boss minibosses.

The way the meta will work is: each spec will have its meta covenant and play it. Then if you are serious about m+ (i.e. WF keys), you will need to find synergy with the other classes making sure you pick classes which have the right covenants and having 1 guy a freebie which will be the most meta DPS so they have the best DPS.
    People that will go anal to such an extent will be bleeding edge M+ pushers, so for them - whatever really, they will be running super optimized comps anyway.

The rest - it will be at most be like "let's get one Necrolord whatever guy" and that's it, like Tol Dagor lockpicks.

It's a bad idea and it's going to make getting groups for M+ even worse.

It's a best idea. Hope it will work in m+.

No offense but its best tool for players because covenants will be more competitive. I know that "meta" and " hardcore" players wont like it but the game is RPG.

Really hate current players god complex in game where you choose class, race by best preference in simcraft, io score,meta groups and similiar crap.

Shadowlands covenants will be the best thing that can happen to WoW. More diversity.
    Last edited by Elegan91; 2020-08-18 at 01:07 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good idea and incentives creative group compositions, making M+ runs more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People that will go anal to such an extent will be bleeding edge M+ pushers, so for them - whatever really, they will be running super optimized comps anyway.

The rest - it will be at most be like "let's get one Necrolord whatever guy" and that's it, like Tol Dagor lockpicks.
    This.

I don't get why so many people think that these "optimizations" that top end guilds are doing for their Mythic Castle Nathria/M20 runs are going to matter for their casual Normal/Heroic CN or M10 runs.

Like jesus people, you don't have to optimize to the Nth degree to have a successful run. For example, I've timed plenty of Tol'Dagors without lockpickers in the group.

This obsession with the meta just gets obnoxious.

Are you a top end guild going after a world first or a super high key? No? Then chill the fuck out.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Out of curiosity, as someone who missed Legion when current, what were they?
    Some professions gave you buffs and wich ones were up was random. People with the profession could click the items for a group buff. If no one had the profession, you couldn't get the buff.
    I think the buffs were things like 10% more damage or haste or crit, etc.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-18 at 02:25 PM.

Blizzard has an obsession with adding things they can't possibly balance so I'm sure it'll work in M+ and I'm also sure there will be some way better and more desirable than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Unfortunately this hurts the narrative that there is no trickle-down effect. So either there is trickle-down effect and it will happen as I mentioned, or there is no trickledown effect and it will happen as you said.

And if you are right, then there is no reason to lock covenant choice as everyone will in the end play whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Unfortunately this hurts the narrative that there is no trickle-down effect. So either there is trickle-down effect and it will happen as I mentioned, or there is no trickledown effect and it will happen as you said.

And if you are right, then there is no reason to lock covenant choice as everyone will in the end play whatever they want.
    Covenant choices aren't locked and you will be allowed to play exactly what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Covenant choices aren't locked and you will be allowed to play exactly what you want.
    The issue is with getting back to a covenant taking a 2 week grind. As such no, we can't play exactly how we want.

For example if i want to raid as Venthyr, then later i want to do M+ as Kyrian and then later that night my dailies as Night Fae.. no i can't do that, i don't do each of them in sequence every 2 weeks, that's all in a day's play.

I'm sure it will. These perks seem like a direct response to people saying how M+ would only take Venthyr for door of shadows or w/e the teleport is called.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzen17 View Post
    The issue is with getting back to a covenant taking a 2 week grind. As such no, we can't play exactly how we want.

For example if i want to raid as Venthyr, then later i want to do M+ as Kyrian and then later that night my dailies as Night Fae.. no i can't do that, i don't do each of them in sequence every 2 weeks, that's all in a day's play.
    You will be able to play exactly what you want, just with a delay as a consequence of your poor judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    You will be able to play exactly what you want, just with a delay as a consequence of your poor judgement.
    Haha, that's a good joke. I know exactly what covenants i want to play in what areas.
    As opposed to you who wants to be stuck in 1 boring covenant.