Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The chief problem with IO is what it makes as the "quick display" is your high point. So you can just get lucky a few times, buy some runs, or know someone that will push you through some high keys and suddenly your quick display note MOST people use to judge you by is damn good and ballparking godly. Even if you are a huge shitter. Granted people really playing hard and pushing will dig a little deeper and use Raider.io like it is supposed to be used to determine if you are actually good enough to do a key that is probably, hopefully, pretty high. But your average joe dumbass player that is probably just looking for carry status is making a group, pulling in the highest tooltip numbers, being as toxic about it as they can be along the way, and still failing at the rate of 50/50 at medium keys because, again, both their and the people is pooling from only shows the highlighted high score instead of a body of work score.

7+ Year Old Account
    Data, bad. Data very very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    The only thing blizzard ( and raider.io) should do, is just to make a list of completed dungeon in time and by level. You apply to a specific dungeon, the party leader check if you've completed it in time or what is your best key, and.. that's all.

No more number based on how much dungeon you run and crap like this. There are dungeon where I'm more efficient, that I've run countless time with high key level. Always a bummer to see me refused because " you don't have 2k5 score, even if you completed this specific dungeon in time several time "

It works for the raids, why it should not work with the dungeon ?
    Good news! Thats exactly how raider IO works already. it only accounts for the highest key cleared per dungeon and wether it was a 1,2 or 3 chest. It just tells you how many dungeons theyve chested at various levels for flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    It was gear before when gear was mostly constrained to different tiers of difficulty. At the end of the day people want to know if pugs can clear something or not.
    it was never really gear
    it was gear score which was as toxic as ilvl
    it was the achievement which was useless and idiotic when groups tried requiring it on the first day the instance opened

its never been good
    you can give little jimmy lfr 470 loot but he wont manage to kill mythic wrathion

people try using the current community endorsed system to try and get carried most of the time or emulate the pros
    its garbage and the only way to avoid it is to be in a guild

It says a lot that people are afraid and resentful of other players being able to make informed decisions about including them in groups. I won't say IO is perfect (it's not), and I won't say there isn't elitism (there is), but I don't understand what the detractors want. As far as I can tell, they're upset that they're not meeting other people's standards, but rather than improving to meet those standards or forming their own groups where their standards are the ones that govern, they want Blizzard to prevent other players from making informed decisions about who they want to play with?

10+ Year Old Account
    The raider.IO salt will never end and I love it. It's only bad for people who want to get carried or be lazy, which makes it great for me since I don't want either of those in my groups.

I'd love a built in version of it just so I don't have to update it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Why ? You don't like it ? Just don't use it ? You are free to create your own group of like minded people not caring about their score. What prevents you doing just that ?
    Create a group for your key, invite the first 4 people and see how it goes ?

Or is the problem more likely that you really reeeeeally would like to join those high score groups to get free easy runs but get denied because of your own shit score ?
    I do play with it off.

If I worked at blizzard I would implement a system where you have a solo challenge system(maybe with that fancy ai technology they bragged about) thats worth a damn that tests your skill in a role and you are awarded some type of badge or mount or w.e(a more expanded system of what mop had) a wow IQ test if you will. This would make a player suitable and adaptable for any content.

Sure this would still cause elitism. But it wouldn't be based on have you ran our dungeons until your eyes bleed. Which does not feel fresh or rewarding.

Wth is this raider io thing anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, Raider IO. It's the single largest point why I don't really feel like coming back. I absolutely loathe what it did to the community, and what it's existence represents.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Danion View Post
    This is a obvious troll.
    why is it a troll?blizz has often implemented such addons ingame,like ilvl from gs,or the group finder from openraid

Quote Originally Posted by Thafuzz View Post
    I do play with it off.

If I worked at blizzard I would implement a system where you have a solo challenge system(maybe with that fancy ai technology they bragged about) thats worth a damn that tests your skill in a role and you are awarded some type of badge or mount or w.e(a more expanded system of what mop had) a wow IQ test if you will. This would make a player suitable and adaptable for any content.

Sure this would still cause elitism. But it wouldn't be based on have you ran our dungeons until your eyes bleed. Which does not feel fresh or rewarding.
    We had such a system. And it was called proving grounds. You needed silver in order to queue for heroic dungeons in WoD.
    Blizzard had to abandon it because the toxic, wilfully bad players were flooding the forums with their toxic tears because they were to bad to do a silver proving ground and couldn't do heroic dungeons. It was beautiful!

Raider IO is the best thing ever for good players because we now can filter out the toxic bad players.
    And the almost daily threads here, on reddit and on the official forums where people cry about "toxicity", "gate-keeping", "min-maxing", "elitism" etc. are a proof that good players play together and the toxic bad players don't have anyone to carry them.

P.S. Your Raider IO score is not based on how many dungeons you have run, but by the best time/key level for each dungeon. So in theory you could have the highest score with only 1 completion for each dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Ugh, Raider IO. It's the single largest point why I don't really feel like coming back. I absolutely loathe what it did to the community, and what it's existence represents.
    What exactly does it represent? It's a great tool for people who actually want to play the game properly with other random people.

For the record, anyone who wants you to do a +10 to get into their +6 is bad and you should ignore them, it's not as common as people like to say it is. My paladin has been freely pugging 7-9s with no experience this season at around 450ilvl which is very easy to get, next week I'll be doing 10+ easy.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-08-15 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You can't go random without it on higher keys except you don't value your time at all.

Like... i would have wasted so much time getting keys done without it.

However i don't see a need/reason to add it into the game, gearscore is something different since blizzard kind of has it anyways hidden in the game for stat budget on items, just let it be a addon and maybe support the weekly data for the api a bit more.

This is a obvious troll.
    I believe him.. I stopped playing because no one would invite me to mythic 15s because I didnt have raider IO installed.

I was a druid heals and i've played since vanilla so I know how the game works pretty well... I get 470 ilvl from doing mythic 1 - 14 + horrific visions.

I would sit there for an hour straight trying to get in mythic 15s.. gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    It is 100% raider IO's fault for creating a high score game / meta out of that data.
    Don't blame the tool, blame the 60 IQ playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I believe him.. I stopped playing because no one would invite me to mythic 15s because I didnt have raider IO installed.

I was a druid heals and i've played since vanilla so I know how the game works pretty well... I get 470 ilvl from doing mythic 1 - 14 + horrific visions.

I would sit there for an hour straight trying to get in mythic 15s.. gave up.
    And you were banned by Blizzard from making your own group. You forgot to add that.
    And being a long time player is no guarantee that you are good at the game. There plenty of toxic, bad players that are veterans.
    I play a hunter and I pugged my way up to 15,16 and 17 all by myself. If I can do that as a dps then you as a healer can do that much easier.
    Did I have to do a lot of dungeons that did not give me gear upgrades to build up my score? Yes, I had to.
    Did I complain about it? No, because I can perfectly understand that people do not deny me, they pick someone better.

As always there are only 2 options:
    1. Make your own group.
    2. Get better at the game. And YOU do not decide what is good or bad. That is decided by the people who select people for their groups.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    yeaaahh no, they don´t. It is just a stupid trend that proves nothing but how much time some people have.

I used to play hours and even nearly do it pro, 10 years ago... today I do not have the time. My IO thing is low, yet I can play better than most high IO bums around asking you to have higher IO than they do.
    Blizzard should simply ban the whole thing all together, fuck it. Play the game...
    You are lying. Being good at M+ requires experience just like everything else. You cant be really good at anything without spending a decent amount of time on it. So you saying that you're "better" than others is either a lie or it is based on shit easy keys where you can ignore mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thafuzz View Post
    Do you actually enjoy it or are you just addicted to the game and you tell yourself that?
    I enjoy it. I'm having fun while doing M+. Of course it get boring if you just grind +15's all the time. But if you try to actually progress and push higher keys then I enjoy it very much. Either way, I'm not going to play with people who don't enjoy the content at all.

This is a obvious troll.
    Why would he? I had the same issue when transfering to another realm. No update for days, couldn't even fill my own groups because of missing score.

Honestly I don't see why not.

There's obviously a need for some sort of easy mythic+ progress tracking in the game. RIO is currently a mandatory addon for m+ pugging. It should be baked into the actual game in some form. Maybe not the exactly identical one, but there should be some easily visible way of checking someone's progress without having to go to their armory
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Jesus.... looking at this thread, and seeing that people got infractions from calling this thread what it is, makes me not even wanna use mmo-champ anymore.
    I got in fractured. Fuck this website, you dont even need to ban me. I will see myself out.