Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New GeForce Driver for Ray Traced Shadows, New Accessiblity Options, DLC #738

Shadowlands - New GeForce Driver for Ray Traced Shadows
    Nvidia has released a new GeForce Driver that "provides optimal support for the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands pre-patch on the public test realm", introducing ray-traced visual effects to the game.

Currently, the Ray Traced Shadows Options are disabled on both the Shadowlands PTR and Beta, however they may be enabled after this week's build.
    Originally Posted by Nvidia
    Our newest GeForce Game Ready driver brings you support for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, A Total War Saga: TROY, and the upcoming World of Warcraft Shadowlands Beta. And support for 8 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors.

To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab.

Game Ready For The Latest Releases

Game Ready Drivers bring you support for the latest games, giving you an optimized experience with the smoothest and most responsive gameplay possible. Included in our latest release is support for:
    • World of Warcraft Shadowlands Beta: Blizzard’s readying a test of their newest World of Warcraft expansion. Opt-in here, and if you’re accepted be sure to download and install our latest Game Ready Driver to experience the introduction of ray-traced visual effects to the world’s most successful MMORPG.

Shadowlands - New Accessiblity Options
    New Accessiblity Options have been added in the latest Shadowlands Build. If you would like to test them, you can change the settings in Interface - Accessiblity or use the following commands:
    • /console CameraKeepCharacterCentered (0 or 1, default value: 1)
    • /console CameraReduceUnexpectedMovement (0 or 1, default value: 0)
    • /console ShakeStrengthCamera (0-1, default value: 1)
    • /console ShakeStrengthUI (0-1, default value: 1)

Dark Legacy Comics #738
    DLC #738 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-08-17 at 04:32 PM.

Cool does this also fix that I can't see sh*t as a melee in mythic raids when standing behind a boss due to 100 millions pets and ground effects while caster have clear sight? no? Pretty sure that issue was addressed alot of times

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Cool does this also fix that I can't see sh*t as a melee in mythic raids when standing behind a boss due to 100 millions pets and ground effects while caster have clear sight? no? Pretty sure that issue was addressed alot of times
    You can try setting spell density to Essential.

Won't remove player and pet models, but that shit is something you signed up for when rolling melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can try setting spell density to Essential.

Won't remove player and pet models, but that shit is something you signed up for when rolling melee.
    I already tried that option long time ago, but it did not help. This problem has been addressed so many times on different plattforms, even Blizzard forums. I have already seen the mythic raids in shadowlands from melee perspective and you get swallowed up again. It's just frustrating.

I already tried that option long time ago, but it did not help. This problem has been addressed so many times on different plattforms, even Blizzard forums. I have already seen the mythic raids in shadowlands from melee perspective and you get swallowed up again. It's just frustrating.
    Then reroll caster if it bother you so much.

Being melee means being on the boss'es ass with every other melee player.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love an option to fade out pets in instances.
    My enhance shammy has to deal with 3 unholy dks ,2 locks and a huntard in my raid

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Would love an option to fade out pets in instances.
    My enhance shammy has to deal with 3 unholy dks ,2 locks and a huntard in my raid
    But that would be more diablo being added to wow!

/s

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see how raytracing will be implemented in shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Can't wait to play at 24 fps with that cinematic feeling

Time to buy that RTX 3090 TI for Shadowlands. Perfect timing.

Installed the driver, still can't enable it ingame. Guess have to wait for this weeks build?

https://i.imgur.com/saKmvlk.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the "reduce unexpected movement" option include your camera zooming in/out when your character grows/shrinks due to spell effects? I remember it being highly disorienting for me every time a hunter used MD on me in Legion because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Same, but i'm thinking it wont be that noticeable. Enabling ultra shadow setting is a performance hit. i'm thinking this is just a way to offload some of that hit onto something else (RTX) but will look mostly the same. Its very unlikely it will do anything for the game like raytracing has done for minecraft, doom and the likes if it were im sure they would have been showing it off and bigging it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Same, but i'm thinking it wont be that noticeable. Enabling ultra shadow setting is a performance hit. i'm thinking this is just a way to offload some of that hit onto something else (RTX) but will look mostly the same. Its very unlikely it will do anything for the game like raytracing has done for minecraft, doom and the likes if it were im sure they would have been showing it off and bigging it up.
    Not inconceivable that they do a showcase on it though at the same time as they announce the release date at Gamescom.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, we're really overdue a toggle in settings for hiding or at the very least down-sizing friendly npc pets/guardians...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post
    Installed the driver, still can't enable it ingame. Guess have to wait for this weeks build?
    Same here, no way to activate.

Amazing that they finally do something about nausea yet they think the FOV is fine.

The FOV is amazingly bad for a game where you look around so much and have several layers you need to fly/climb to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys checked the settings file and see if you can turn it on there?

10+ Year Old Account
    oh more drivers that I'll never download

I hope a fade trees/walls function comes in....sometimes the game zooms into fps mode because your too close or some dam annoying tree is blocking your view.